Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Possibly jumping the gun here, but is this still planned to be uploaded to hackindrom? Looks like this isn't available yet.

View attachment 528547
View attachment 528546
Oh yes, the elephant in the room -- or rather the elephant absent from the room! :)

OpenCore's config.plist is an XML file with a specific "schema" or syntax. For EFI drivers located in the OC/Drivers folder, the schema or syntax changed in a significant way from 0.7.2 to 0.7.3.

This is why OpenCore Configurator 2.48.1.0 is not compatible and we must wait until an update is released.

This is also why I believe HackinDROM is not compatible and will corrupt the config.plist until it too is updated.

@Inqnuam, are you aware of the change made to UEFI drivers section in OpenCore 0.7.3? That section in config.plist now uses dict array instead of a simple array.

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.23.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 10.23.06 AM.png

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ,
some time ago I installed on my Gigabyte Z390 Designare based system macOS Big Sur following Your Guide in a multiboot configuration on separate disks. So I would like to ask a few questions:
- after installation, the APFS volume dedicated to Big Sur on the system drive is represented as in the image:
View attachment 528536
Is this OK?
- Using the installation pendrive to start the system, the OpenCore menu at reboot kept the memory of the last system booted while now, after removing the previous Clover EFI folder from the EFI partition and copying the OpenCore EFI folder, the OpenCore menu no longer holds the memory of the last booted system. I tried using ResetNVRAM but it didn't fix the problem.
Is a solution possible for this problem?
- With the update to the latest version of OpenCore (0.7.3) following Your guide will it still be possible to manage both macOS Catalina and macOS Big Sur on my system disk as it is currently?
Thanks in advance for your help?
Hello @SardusX,

With OpenCore we have 2 ways to specify the default boot volume:
  • Easy Way:
    • At the OpenCore GUI (called OpenCanopy), press and hold CTRL key when clicking the disk you want to boot. That disk becomes the new default.
  • Alternative Way:
    • In macOS we can do this: System Preferences --> Startup Disk --> select the new startup disk
Here are some more tips for OpenCanopy:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Oh yes, the elephant in the room -- or rather the elephant absent from the room! :)

OpenCore's config.plist is an XML file with a specific "schema" or syntax. For EFI drivers located in the OC/Drivers folder, the schema or syntax changed in a significant way from 0.7.2 to 0.7.3.

This is why OpenCore Configurator 2.48.1.0 is not compatible and we must wait until an update is released.

This is also why I believe HackinDROM is not compatible and will corrupt the config.plist until it too is updated.

@Inqnuam, are you aware of the change made to UEFI drivers section in OpenCore 0.7.3? That section in config.plist now uses dict array instead of a simple array.
We can safely Update its all ok
But I dont think Reinstall OC will work properly, it will maybe crash the app

GUI issue crashs the app after you have uploaded latest plists.
Will release a fix soon, a cup coffee is needed

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey there. I noticed in your BIOS shots that CFG Lock is enabled. Are you leaving it on only for Windows boot?
Thanks for pointing that out. At the time those were taken, yes, I was testing my new EVGA 3080 Ti FTW Ultra card.

Since that card does NOT work in macOS, I have bit the bullet and am resurrecting my THREADRIPPER machine with a used 3960X I found on eBay.

So now my old Sapphire RX 580 4GB is back in my Z390 and all BIOS setting reset for macOS use. I'm on that machine now! :) The EVGA card is now in my Gigabyte TRX40 Designare machine... waiting for said 3960X to arrive!

:D

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
HackinDROM v2.0.0 BETA

Actually I dont wanted to "release" this version in this state but I have too.

Theres many fixes, improvements and also new features that I hide in this "BETA".
Will release it when I find a time to finish this version, currently im very busy
Happy hackintoshing!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HackinDROM v2.0.0 BETA

Theres many fixes, improvements and also new features that I hide in this "BETA".
Will release it when I find a time to finish this version, currently im very busy
Happy hackintoshing!
Just used v2.0.0 Beta to upload a few more EFI folders. So far so good.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just used v2.0.0 Beta to upload a few more EFI folders. So far so good.
The following OpenCore 0.7.3 EFI folders have been uploaded to HackinDROM (v2.0.0 or newer needed):
  • Gigabyte Z390 Designare
  • Gigabyte Z390 Designare w/Intel Wireless
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision D w/Intel Wireless
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision G (not D)
  • Gigabyte B550 Vision D
  • Gigabyte B550 Vision D (BIOS F13)
  • Asus X99 Deluxe II
  • ASRock X570 Taichi

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
According to OpenCore Configurator's tips window, changing UpdateSMBIOSMode to Custom can "potentially obstruct the operation of Apple-specific tools". Admittedly this is rather vague. Have you encountered any such issues in macOS?

View attachment 528368

I didn't came across anything that's not working anymore since this change. It's working perfectly fine so far.

The thing that the OC Configurator Tips Window is referring to, can be related to "it will not let you install the Bootcamp utility anymore, however, if you already had it installed, then it will still work regardless of the SMBIOS". According to another source. I haven't tried to reproduce this problem.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HackinDROM v2.0.0 BETA

Happy hackintoshing!
Hey @Inqnuam, I used the 2.0 Beta this morning to update to OC0.7.3 and everything worked perfectly. Thanks to you and @CaseySJ!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey @Inqnuam, I used the 2.0 Beta this morning to update to OC0.7.3 and everything worked perfectly. Thanks to you and @CaseySJ!
Thanks for confirming. I'll update the 0.7.3 mini-guides shortly to indicate that HackinDROM is available now.