Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ - This has been an ongoing issue for be but just curious to see if anyone else has same issue or if there is any known fix. If I leave my PC in sleep mode for an extended period (maybe 1+ days), the pc shuts down and then when I manually restart it, it says it restarted for error.. Below is the error log, but I am not really sure what is causing it.
In OpenCore 0.7.3 I added a new kext called CpuTscSync just for you. :) According to its documentation, it should solve some kernel panics after wake. There are no guarantees this will fix every such panic, but it’s worth trying.

In OpenCore 0.7.3 I added a new kext called CpuTscSync just for you. :) According to its documentation, it should solve some kernel panics after wake. There are no guarantees this will fix every such panic, but it’s worth trying.
Ahhh awesome thank you!! I will try it out and let you know after a few days if it resolved the issue!

*** Mini-Guide ***
Catalina/Big Sur: Configure Carbon Copy Cloner for One-Key Bootable Backup

Hey There,
I went through the Mini-Guide Under 11.5.2 Bis Sur and Open Core 7.1 and the script works well, the EFI is fully created and copied onto the BackupSSD, but the AFPS-Volumes are not created on the BackupSSD, only the System-Volume is created and copied, but not the Data-Volume.
I erased the SSD before hand and formatted in AFPS and GUID.
The naming of the sources is all correct, following your (brillant ;) ) guides.
I did some research about it but it seems to be a solved isssue but somehow in my case not, any clue?

Hey There,
I went through the Mini-Guide Under 11.5.2 Bis Sur and Open Core 7.1 and the script works well, the EFI is fully created and copied onto the BackupSSD, but the AFPS-Volumes are not created on the BackupSSD, only the System-Volume is created and copied, but not the Data-Volume.
I erased the SSD before hand and formatted in AFPS and GUID.
The naming of the sources is all correct, following your (brillant ;) ) guides.
I did some research about it but it seems to be a solved isssue but somehow in my case not, any clue?
Hello @baustellen,

If you have created additional APFS Volumes on your macOS disk, those additional volumes will not be cloned automatically by the script. But you can create another Task in CCC to clone just the additional volumes.

This means that whenever you want to fully clone your disk, you would need to do the following:
  • Run the "EFI-Clone" Task to clone:
    • System Volume
    • EFI Partition
  • Run your new Task to clone the remaining APFS Volumes
Hence you would run two CCC tasks back-to-back.

Hello @baustellen,

If you have created additional APFS Volumes on your macOS disk, those additional volumes will not be cloned automatically by the script. But you can create another Task in CCC to clone just the additional volumes.

This means that whenever you want to fully clone your disk, you would need to do the following:
  • Run the "EFI-Clone" Task to clone:
    • System Volume
    • EFI Partition
  • Run your new Task to clone the remaining APFS Volumes
Hence you would run two CCC tasks back-to-back.
Hey @CaseySJ

i didn't create additional Volumens, i was talking about the two Volumes MacOS autamticlly creates since Catalina: The one encrypted for the system and the other one for the user data. (in the black circle in my screenshot).
In your guide they are shown in step 4 on the external SSD.

I assumed that CCC aumaticaly creates the volumes on the beforehand empty external drive.
But after I did the backup according to your guide it didn't do so.

Edit: Maybe it's a problem with my german system language?

EDIT 2: I did some research, I do have to activate Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant option (like described in the link below), then CCC replicates the APFS-structure.
https://bombich.com/kb/ccc6/troubleshooting-apfs-replication
Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-11 um 14.52.36.png

Last edited:

EDIT 2: I did some research, I do have to activate Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant option (like described in the link below), then CCC replicates the APFS-structure.
https://bombich.com/kb/ccc6/troubleshooting-apfs-replication
Correct -- for Big Sur and Monterey the first full backup requires the APFS Replicator (i.e. Legacy Bootable Backup Assistant). All subsequent updates will only update the data volume.

This means:
  • If the first backup (full backup) is done with Big Sur 11.4 and later you install Big Sur 11.5, then the next backup will still be 11.4 because the system volume will not be backed up.
  • Currently, the only way to back up the system volume is to erase the backup disk and make a full backup from scratch.

Just updated to OC 0.7.3

With CpuTscSync 1.0.4 enable, my build can't wake up from sleep

Just updated to OC 0.7.3

With CpuTscSync 1.0.4 enable, my build can't wake up from sleep
If you disable CpuTscSync without making any other changes, does your system sleep and wake properly?

Back