RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Your'e a godsend. Will look into those.
I'm waiting on Gigabyte's answer as to how to deal with the warranty.

I definitely checked the used markets, but where I am it's almost non existent. And I'd rather not buy from over the border.

The Extreme is kinda over my budget. For a little more I could get a new mac mini and some USB-C case for my HDDs. It's crazy how those boards became more expensive really. The Designare seems to cost 2x what i paid for it on Newegg....

Also still at awe it broke like this.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for your reply.

After some tweaking in BIOS thunderbolt settings, the Antelope Orion studio shows up in the Catalina, the launcher pops up, the mixer shows up, and I can find it inside sound hardwares list.

But, there is no sound, just like the early years. The AppleVTD is not working.

That's weird. I did exactly as the instruction said, enable VT-D, checked Config/plist, uninstalled the launcher and driver, installed the latest the driver, reset interface twice, and re-connect it, restart.....

Btw, I and using one Asus ThunderboltEX 3 add-in-card with original firmware. I do have a hot plug TB3 SSDT. I will boot up the computer with interface powered on and TB cable connected. And I found out that cold power on will activate the interface, if I restart the computer, the interface will not shows up.

Here are some snapshots

As shown in the screenshot below, when IOAudioEngineUserClient appears, it means Antelope driver should be working. When you say "there is no sound", can you explain what this means (there is no sound output to a speaker, there is no sound coming into your sound editing application such as Logic Pro, there is no sound being output back to the Antelope device, etc.)?

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 22.54.58.png

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Your'e a godsend. Will look into those.
I'm waiting on Gigabyte's answer as to how to deal with the warranty.

I definitely checked the used markets, but where I am it's almost non existent. And I'd rather not buy from over the border.

The Extreme is kinda over my budget. For a little more I could get a new mac mini and some USB-C case for my HDDs. It's crazy how those boards became more expensive really. The Designare seems to cost 2x what i paid for it on Newegg....

Also still at awe it broke like this.
If there is an electronics/PC repair shop near your home, it might be good to ask them to diagnose the problem. Generally there is a small fee for diagnosis, but a bigger fee to fix.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
They're asking for around 60€ for a diagnostic, the downside of living in an expensive country... But might be worth to try it though.
Still trying to weigh my options to go the best and least expensive route. I don't even know if you can actually repair an MB tbh...

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
They're asking for around 60€ for a diagnostic, the downside of living in an expensive country... But might be worth to try it though.
Still trying to weigh my options to go the best and least expensive route.
Diagnostic fees are often applied towards the repair cost.

I don't even know if you can actually repair an MB tbh...
This is a good question to ask the repair shop. Some shops don't charge anything if they cannot fix the problem.

Motherboard
GA-Z390-Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
Still trying to weigh my options to go the best and least expensive route. I don't even know if you can actually repair an MB tbh...
I've had pretty good luck with Gigabyte support. have you opened a ticket on their website? they will probably advise you on the range of repair costs depending on the problem as you describe it to them.

I assume you're not in the US, but I would try an amazon search on "Gigabyte Z390". you might find a "used like new" from the Amazon Warehouse. I have bought "Used like new" items from the Amazon Warehouse and they generally are new items in slightly damaged packaging--and IIRC they also qualify for free returns if they are in fact faulty.

Motherboard
ASUS X99-A
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
As shown in the screenshot below, when IOAudioEngineUserClient appears, it means Antelope driver should be working. When you say "there is no sound", can you explain what this means (there is no sound output to a speaker, there is no sound coming into your sound editing application such as Logic Pro, there is no sound being output back to the Antelope device, etc.)? View attachment 527784
As shown in the screenshot below, when IOAudioEngineUserClient appears, it means Antelope driver should be working. When you say "there is no sound", can you explain what this means (there is no sound output to a speaker, there is no sound coming into your sound editing application such as Logic Pro, there is no sound being output back to the Antelope device, etc.)? View attachment 527784
As shown in the screenshot below, when IOAudioEngineUserClient appears, it means Antelope driver should be working. When you say "there is no sound", can you explain what this means (there is no sound output to a speaker, there is no sound coming into your sound editing application such as Logic Pro, there is no sound being output back to the Antelope device, etc.)?

View attachment 527784
No output to the speaker. Whatever I playback Spotify music , acks in Daw or any sound sources, they are playing, But No ‘sound bar’ moves in antelope mixer. (Speaker turned on) I can hear nothing.

if I switch back to the usb connection, the sound will coms out, the antelope mixer track volume Moves.

I can confirm that all my music equipment ,cables are correctly connected and works well.

This is the exactly the same issue of this machine in old days (running high Sierra With clover).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No output to the speaker. Whatever I playback Spotify music , acks in Daw or any sound sources, they are playing, But No ‘sound bar’ moves in antelope mixer. (Speaker turned on) I can hear nothing.

if I switch back to the usb connection, the sound will coms out, the antelope mixer track volume Moves.

I can confirm that all my music equipment ,cables are correctly connected and works well.

This is the exactly the same issue of this machine in old days (running high Sierra With clover).
Hi Munky16,

Please make absolutely sure that your Control Panel and Audio MIDI Setup isn't getting randomly reconfigured. I've had more than a few random reassignments in Big Sur vs. Mojave:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 4.54.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 4.54.41 PM.png
    288.5 KB · Views: 26
Motherboard
ASUS X99-A
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Hi Munky16,

Please make absolutely sure that your Control Panel and Audio MIDI Setup isn't getting randomly reconfigured. I've had more than a few random reassignments in Big Sur vs. Mojave:
Thanks man.
Actually I checked audio midi setting, looks fine.
Antelope is the only audio device that I have. Even the on board sound card has not been used.
Do you think that I am on the correct direction? TB3 is working, Antelope drive is working, AppleVtd activated....... anything else?? Weird

Motherboard
ASUS X99-A
CPU
i7-5930K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Hi Munky16,

Thanks man! Problem Solved!!!! Now everything works like charm !!!!!!

I forget to switch monitor output from USB Playback 1&2 to TB Playback 1 & 2, totally ignored this setting changes when I use TB connection.

Case Closed! This experimental is just proved!

Phenomenal!!!

Last edited: