Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Upon reviewing another thread, it might be a DRM issue as mentioned below in another build thread below:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-big-sur-on-i9-10850k-z490m-gaming-x.310679/

Perhaps something I could change in my config.plist as well? Any suggestions? I noticed that I cant watch any trailers or free episodes on AppleTV.
For DRM in Mojave through Catalina, please see:

For Big Sur and newer, it may be best to switch to iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1

Motherboard
GA-Z390-Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
Blurry FaceTime: this probably isn't helpful, but prior to Catalina I used a legacy Firewire iSight camera (the one that was supported above the display by a flexible gooseneck). Prior to Mojave, it worked great. However, beginning with Mojave, the video was low-resolution in FaceTime but was clear in other apps (this was prior to the Zoom days). I never figured out what the issue was, and my problem went away when I learned that Catalina dropped support for the iSight microphone, and I relegated the iSight to the parts bin.

NorthAmTransAm

Motherboard
MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4
CPU
i7-12700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Am I being silly or is Bios--Apple SMBIOS in IOReg new with 11.5.2?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Out in California, brownouts and intentional power outages due to wildfires are just common, weekly occurences, especially this summer.
The Bay Area this year was spared from wildfire. Last August and September were horrible, but it's been a smooth season so far. The big fire this year -- the Dixie Fire -- is near Lassen National Park far north of Lake Tahoe.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can someone help me! I recently updated OpenCore using HackinDROM to OpenCore 0.7.2 (I have already done it on previous updates with no problem), macOS works with no problem. But now, when I try to open Windows from the new boot loader, it goes to a black screen (to specify I have windows on a different SSD). I can still open Windows if I boot to it directly with no problem. How do I solve this issue?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Can someone help me! I recently updated OpenCore using HackinDROM to OpenCore 0.7.2 (I have already done it on previous updates with no problem), macOS works with no problem. But now, when I try to open Windows from the new boot loader, it goes to a black screen (to specify I have windows on a different SSD). I can still open Windows if I boot to it directly with no problem. How do I solve this issue?
Please use the highlighted guide to disable AppleVTD. The link is located in the Quick Reference spoiler at the top of Post 1.

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 10.40.12 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
RX480
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
But, still having problems. I wonder if I should connect the USB2 hub to a real (black) USB2 only port on the mobo. I have these switched off for now to stay under the 15 port limit.
No. I haven't switched these off. I've already implemented the USB bus just the way it should be. Months ago. I just forgot about it. Boy. Old age... Everything looks tiny and/or blurry and I forget stuff. Lots of stuff. I even forgot that I made a note about it so I wouldn't forget. Argh.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No. I haven't switched these off. I've already implemented the USB bus just the way it should be. Months ago. I just forgot about it. Boy. Old age... Everything looks tiny and/or blurry and I forget stuff. Lots of stuff. I even forgot that I made a note about it so I wouldn't forget. Argh.
No worries. Little details like these are easy to forget...