Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Good question! Not sure what everyone else is doing, but I always connect mine to a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) and turn motherboard off every night.
My entier system is connected to a Power Conditioner Furman PL-Plus CE and I turn off all every night but had the issue you know...

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I always connect mine to a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) and turn motherboard off every night.
Out in California, brownouts and intentional power outages due to wildfires are just common, weekly occurences, especially this summer.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
I have tested this on Zoom and its working properly as I can see the other person (in this case my tv in the other room). I have also tested this on those webcam test websites and its functioning properly. Any ideas for why its not working on facetime?

Anybody have any ideas on how to solve my facetime issue?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anybody have any ideas on how to solve my facetime issue?
  • Does the Brio work with FaceTime on a real Mac -- if you have access to one?
  • Is FaceTime itself activated? Are you able to make and receive audio calls?
  • Do you have a regular 1080p webcam? If so, does it work with FaceTime?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
  • Does the Brio work with FaceTime on a real Mac -- if you have access to one?
  • Is FaceTime itself activated? Are you able to make and receive audio calls?
  • Do you have a regular 1080p webcam? If so, does it work with FaceTime?

• Does the Brio work with FaceTime on a real Mac -- if you have access to one?: I just tried it and it works on a real mac
  • Is FaceTime itself activated? Are you able to make and receive audio calls?: Its activated and was able to make an audio facetime call to my work phone
  • Do you have a regular 1080p webcam? If so, does it work with FaceTime?: I only have the brio as webcam but it works on Zoom as mentioned prior.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  • Does the Brio work with FaceTime on a real Mac -- if you have access to one?: I just tried it and it works on a real mac
  • Is FaceTime itself activated? Are you able to make and receive audio calls?: Its activated and was able to make an audio facetime call to my work phone
  • Do you have a regular 1080p webcam? If so, does it work with FaceTime?: I only have the brio as webcam but it works on Zoom as mentioned prior.
Which USB port is the Brio connected to? Please refer to USB diagram here.

Motherboard
ASUS ProArt Z690-CREATOR WIFI
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
@CODYQX4 @Lukey1979

Both of you have or had a Logitech Brio 4K webcam. Did you try it with FaceTime?
I sold mine a year or two ago, and have never used FaceTime.

In other apps, I found the quality bad for what is a 4K camera, and it could be customized more in Windows. There was a glitchy app that could improve it in macOS in some cases that I can't remember the name of.

PS: I had all the same experience with a real iMac.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Last edited: