CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just did a fresh load of OpenCore 0.7.1 and Big Sur. I had previously been running clover and Catalina from my original build back in feb of 20 and never updated it. Wow! You guys have been busy, and the HackinDROM app is awesome! Thank you to all who have contributed and help to work this out to make a Hackintosh such a smooth experience to build and use. I wish that I had the technical knowledge to help contribute.

So in the new load I decided to use the OpenIntelWireless and remove my Fenvi card. WIFI is working with the exception that it won't find my main network, I think this is something on my network side though. My issue is the Bluetooth, getting it to connect and stay connected to my mouse.

What did I miss that would cause this? I can see it on the Bluetooth connection screen, and sometimes I can get it to connect. But it will not stay connected, and the mouse won't function when it is connected.

Specs:
Designaire Z390 F9I BIOS(no extras)
i9-9900
64GB RAM
2x Radeon VII

Thanks!

Andy

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just did a fresh load of OpenCore 0.7.1 and Big Sur. I had previously been running clover and Catalina from my original build back in feb of 20 and never updated it. Wow! You guys have been busy, and the HackinDROM app is awesome! Thank you to all who have contributed and help to work this out to make a Hackintosh such a smooth experience to build and use. I wish that I had the technical knowledge to help contribute.

So in the new load I decided to use the OpenIntelWireless and remove my Fenvi card. WIFI is working with the exception that it won't find my main network, I think this is something on my network side though. My issue is the Bluetooth, getting it to connect and stay connected to my mouse.

What did I miss that would cause this? I can see it on the Bluetooth connection screen, and sometimes I can get it to connect. But it will not stay connected, and the mouse won't function when it is connected.

Specs:
Designaire Z390 F9I BIOS(no extras)
i9-9900
64GB RAM
2x Radeon VII

Thanks!

Andy
Hello Andy,

Glad to hear the update went well. Unfortunately the OpenIntelWireless drivers are not as robust as Apple's Broadcom drivers. We still recommend the Fenvi.

However, the OpenIntelWireless team releases updates on a fairly regular basis, particularly for WiFi. The Bluetooth driver is more stable.

Feel free to download latest versions of the OpenIntelWirless drivers for Bluetooth and WiFi from here:
The OpenIntelWireless team provides technical support. Simply visit their GitHub site for information on submitting problem reports.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
To use the Fractal Design R6 USB SSDT, simply copy it to the OpenCore OC/ACPI folder, then open config.plist using OpenCore Configurator and make these two changes in the ACPI section:
  • Disable the current USB SSDT
  • Add an entry for the Fractal Design SSDT
Please see:
View attachment 495718
@CaseySJ
Is this still the correct SSDT for the Fractal Design? This is where I'm a bit out of my element and I wasn't sure if that SSDT needed to be updated for OC 0.71 or MacOS 11.5.1 (my setup). I remember there was a 15 port limit and a patch for it.

Output from Hackintool... When I first updated OC to 0.70, I started with a fresh config but reused serials. I think I forgot to use the Fractal Design (Fractal Design Define R6.zip from OP), and hence why my front USB C port doesn't work with a USB 2.0 Yubikey 5C NFC. Let me try.

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 3.30.52 PM.png

EDIT:
I used the SSDT in the OP, so far so good. Is there a downside to enabling the two Thunderbolt 3 ports at HS08 and HS13 over not doing that?
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 4.23.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 4.26.32 PM.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming M
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Please look here for all the answers (click here first):

View attachment 525884
Thanks. I don't have Big Sur, so I couldn't run hackindrom to do the conversion to hex. It looks like my motherboard uses the same Oem Table ID : "A M I", so I am going with what you showed in the instructions. Seems to be working, but won't know for sure until I upgrade to Big Sur(still running Mojave).

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used the SSDT in the OP, so far so good. Is there a downside to enabling the two Thunderbolt 3 ports at HS08 and HS13 over not doing that?
Hello @khaoskosmos,

The ports HS08 and HS13 allow USB 2.0 devices to connect to your Thunderbolt ports. This means you can connect an iPhone or iPad to those ports using the appropriate cable (i.e. Lightning-to-USB-C or USB-C to USB-C for iPad Pro).

There is no downside to enabling HS08 and HS13 as long as you expect to connect a USB 2.0 device to those ports. However, by enabling HS08 and HS13 we had to disable two other ports in order to retain the 15-port limit.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks. I don't have Big Sur, so I couldn't run hackindrom to do the conversion to hex. It looks like my motherboard uses the same Oem Table ID : "A M I", so I am going with what you showed in the instructions. Seems to be working, but won't know for sure until I upgrade to Big Sur(still running Mojave).
The instructions I showed can be done on Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey. HackinDROM is not used. Hackintool, however, is what is shown and what is used.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
I used the Thunderbolt 3 SSDT provided in this thread and noticed my external soundcard is showing up as PCI instead of Thunderbolt. Any specific reason why?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 11.46.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 11.46.57 PM.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 22

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used the Thunderbolt 3 SSDT provided in this thread and noticed my external soundcard is showing up as PCI instead of Thunderbolt. Any specific reason why?
Thunderbolt is PCI. More specifically it is an externalization of the PCI bus.