Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Its a crucial CT500 P1 SSD8.

Never had an issue with it working until now if that is what your thinking
In OpenCore Configurator, try unchecking NVMeFix.kext. It may or may not make a difference, but it's worth trying.
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 3.29.20 AM.png

In OpenCore Configurator, try unchecking NVMeFix.kext. It may or may not make a difference, but it's worth trying.
View attachment 526066
I tired that and again it hung, is there any other info I can give you that might help?

it did change the errors that showed up

Attachments

• IMG_4648.JPG
    IMG_4648.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 44
I tired that and again it hung, is there any other info I can give you that might help?

Let’s look at the contents of your /Library/Extensions folder.

If you were using a Fenvi or other Broadcom WiFi/BT module, then it's best to continue using that module and avoid the OpenIntelWireless drivers.

To use the OpenIntelWireless drivers we should physically remove any Broadcom WiFi/BT module.

If you were using a Fenvi or other Broadcom WiFi/BT module, then it's best to continue using that module and avoid the OpenIntelWireless drivers.

To use the OpenIntelWireless drivers we should physically remove any Broadcom WiFi/BT module.

Ok, I will give that a try and re-set up the EFI on my usb, and not use the Intel WiFi

no luck with that either

Attachments

• IMG_4649.JPG
    IMG_4649.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 41
no luck with that either
It’s best to start over and double check each step, particularly BIOS setup. Would be best to start a new thread in Catalina Desktop Support for this issue if problems persist.

Good news, this appears to have resolved the sleep wake issue. Now the fun part of working out why I can't fully enable SIP.

Early days, but it seems with the 0.7.2 EFI I can re-enable SIP under Monterey without any of the deep sleep / won't wake (requiring hard reboot) issues cropping up. Also enabled VT-d, amazing stuff.

I guess this is due to the switch in secure boot model to x86legacy, or Monterey specific changes?

Thanks all!

Last edited:
Back