Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

To use the Fractal Design R6 USB SSDT, simply copy it to the OpenCore OC/ACPI folder, then open config.plist using OpenCore Configurator and make these two changes in the ACPI section:
  • Disable the current USB SSDT
  • Add an entry for the Fractal Design SSDT
Please see:
View attachment 495718
@CaseySJ
Is this still the correct SSDT for the Fractal Design? This is where I'm a bit out of my element and I wasn't sure if that SSDT needed to be updated for OC 0.71 or MacOS 11.5.1 (my setup). I remember there was a 15 port limit and a patch for it.

Output from Hackintool... When I first updated OC to 0.70, I started with a fresh config but reused serials. I think I forgot to use the Fractal Design (Fractal Design Define R6.zip from OP), and hence why my front USB C port doesn't work with a USB 2.0 Yubikey 5C NFC. Let me try.

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 3.30.52 PM.png

EDIT:
I used the SSDT in the OP, so far so good. Is there a downside to enabling the two Thunderbolt 3 ports at HS08 and HS13 over not doing that?
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 4.23.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 4.26.32 PM.png

Last edited:
Please look here for all the answers (click here first):

View attachment 525884
Thanks. I don't have Big Sur, so I couldn't run hackindrom to do the conversion to hex. It looks like my motherboard uses the same Oem Table ID : "A M I", so I am going with what you showed in the instructions. Seems to be working, but won't know for sure until I upgrade to Big Sur(still running Mojave).

I used the SSDT in the OP, so far so good. Is there a downside to enabling the two Thunderbolt 3 ports at HS08 and HS13 over not doing that?
Hello @khaoskosmos,

The ports HS08 and HS13 allow USB 2.0 devices to connect to your Thunderbolt ports. This means you can connect an iPhone or iPad to those ports using the appropriate cable (i.e. Lightning-to-USB-C or USB-C to USB-C for iPad Pro).

There is no downside to enabling HS08 and HS13 as long as you expect to connect a USB 2.0 device to those ports. However, by enabling HS08 and HS13 we had to disable two other ports in order to retain the 15-port limit.

Thanks. I don't have Big Sur, so I couldn't run hackindrom to do the conversion to hex. It looks like my motherboard uses the same Oem Table ID : "A M I", so I am going with what you showed in the instructions. Seems to be working, but won't know for sure until I upgrade to Big Sur(still running Mojave).
The instructions I showed can be done on Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey. HackinDROM is not used. Hackintool, however, is what is shown and what is used.

I used the Thunderbolt 3 SSDT provided in this thread and noticed my external soundcard is showing up as PCI instead of Thunderbolt. Any specific reason why?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 11.46.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 11.46.57 PM.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 53
I used the Thunderbolt 3 SSDT provided in this thread and noticed my external soundcard is showing up as PCI instead of Thunderbolt. Any specific reason why?
Thunderbolt is PCI. More specifically it is an externalization of the PCI bus.

Hello @CaseySJ,
Could you edit HackinDROM guides?
https://hackindrom.zapto.org/
Oh that is a lovely redesign!! Good job!

One quick suggestion: In the CopyConfig window there should be an option to Cancel or Close.

I can create a new HackinDROM mini-guide and redirect the links from Post 1.

Should we change the name because this does more than just Thunderbolt DROM?

Last edited:
Oh that is a lovely redesign!! Good job!

One quick suggestion: In the CopyConfig window there should be an option to Cancel or Close.

I can create a new HackinDROM mini-guide and redirect the links from Post 1.

Big Burning Question: Should we change the name because this does more than just Thunderbolt DROM?
Thanks,
Will add a close button soon
Suggestions are welcome for a new name!

During my absence I wrote every line of code from scratch.
Now the site is more modulable and maintainable.
Now if we decide we can kill CopyConfig and can use the same core as the App to make full plist updates (because now we have 5000 monthly users it will ask to much too the server to unzip -> replacing 'config.plists' -> zip back, users should do that manually)

Also HackiASL got updated too and its possible to work on multiple files at once
Logs are available for HackiASL compiler (for CopyConfig too but its not enough currently)
and during the development I found this message while trying to compile your ASRock Z490 ITX/ac TB3 SSDT
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 19.02.41.png

And thought about your issues with theses motherboards, maybe that message can help you..?

HackinDROM App is now capable to upgrade/downgrade any OC EFI including latest OC betas and kexts. But actually I don't have enough time to release it

Back