Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I could be wrong as there may be some similarities... ?
You were right. I made the assumption that my DSDT OemTableId was the same as my OEM DMAR OemTableId.

Mine was "EDK2 " including the empty spaces.

The GB z390 (and my DSDT tableid) was "A M I "

Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Working well. Now to get a Mac with Maple Ridge and get this firmware patched :)

Last edited:
You were right. I made the assumption that my DSDT OemTableId was the same as my OEM DMAR OemTableId.

Mine was "EDK2 " including the empty spaces.

The GB z390 (and my DSDT tableid) was "A M I "

Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Working well. Now to get a Mac with Maple Ridge and get this firmware patched :)

Intel just released new Ice Lake Xeons that are rumored to be in the next Mac Pro, and it has Thunderbolt 4 support. So here’s to hoping :)

EDIT: https://videocardz.com/press-release/intel-launches-ice-lake-xeon-w-3300-series-with-up-to-38-cores

Last edited:
Hi all, sorry this probably has been asked or showed somewhere in this thread, but is there an install guide for Big Sur for this build? I can’t find it when I search for it.

@CaseySJ hey old friend.

I'm finally getting around to getting VTD running. I've correctly compiled my SSDT-DMAR but I believe my Delete patch isn't working.

View attachment 525753

Do I possibly have a different OemTableId?

Can someone point me to the guide for creating the SSDT-DMAR file. I am trying to create one for the Z390 Gaming M. I am still running Mojave so I don't think I can use Hackindrom. I already have AppleVTD showing up in my IORegistry Explorer, but I know I'll have issues with Ethernet when I upgrade to Big Sur if I don't add in the SSDT-DMAR ACPI patch.

Last edited:
Hi all, sorry this probably has been asked or showed somewhere in this thread, but is there an install guide for Big Sur for this build? I can’t find it when I search for it.
Can someone point me to the guide for creating the SSDT-DMAR file. I am trying to create one for the Z390 Gaming M. I am still running Mojave so I don't think I can use Hackindrom. I already have AppleVTD showing up in my IORegistry Explorer, but I know I'll have issues with Ethernet when I upgrade to Big Sur if I don't add in the SSDT-DMAR ACPI patch.
How about reading the first page?

Didn’t say the specifics for Big Sur on there. So not much help to me.

Didn't see anything about how to create the SSDT-DMAR file...

Last edited:
Back