Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi all,

I'm having some shutdown issues since OpenCore 0.6.7 or so. When I shutdown my machine just restarts. Is there a flag/checkbox in Opencore Config to work around such an issue?

Try disabling Wake on Lan in your BIOS, this is necessary on my machine so it may work for you as well.

Hello @Lkevin30,

All real Macs have AppleVTD. Even if you flash the Thunderbolt firmware, enabling AppleVTD has these additional benefits:
  • Antelope Audio Thunderbolt devices will connect and work (only with AppleVTD)
  • Apple Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter will connect and work only with AppleVTD in Big Sur and Monterey
  • If you search for posts by @luckyal, you'll find examples of low-latency audio devices that require AppleVTD
  • There are probably several other devices that will only work with AppleVTD...
Wow!!!! To make my Antelope Audio Thunderbolt work, all I have to do is to enable AppleVTD or are there additional steps? Is this possible to do on a Designare Z390?

Try disabling Wake on Lan in your BIOS, this is necessary on my machine so it may work for you as well.
Yes! Worked like a charm. It's strange that I didn't have issues previous to this. I've always had it on. Thanks for the tip!

Because this implies that OpenCore 0.6.7 was working and newer versions are the reason why shutdown is not working, I always advise people to double-check the assertion, as follows:
  • Boot the system from an OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI folder. We can use a USB flash disk for this purpose. The OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI folder should of course be copied to the EFI partition on the USB flash disk. Then we boot the system and press F12 at BIOS Splash Screen to open the BIOS Boot Menu, and select the USB flash disk.
  • After macOS boots up, try Shutdown to see if the system does in fact shut down.
  • If the system shuts down properly with OC 0.6.7, but not with OC 0.7.1 (assuming you are running 0.7.1 now), please let us know.
Thanks Casey. Solved by turning off Wake On Lan in BIOS. For some reason that doesn't work any longer for me with Opencore.

Wow!!!! To make my Antelope Audio Thunderbolt work, all I have to do is to enable AppleVTD or are there additional steps? Is this possible to do on a Designare Z390?
Yes we just need to enable AppleVTD. Absolutely works on Designare Z390! We have a little guide for this here:

Last edited:
Yes we just need to enable AppleVTD. Absolutely works on Designare Z390! We have a little guide for this here:
Can't believe it!!!! I'll test it ASAP!
thank you so much!

@CaseySJ hey old friend.

I'm finally getting around to getting VTD running. I've correctly compiled my SSDT-DMAR but I believe my Delete patch isn't working.

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 1.38.46 PM.png

Do I possibly have a different OemTableId?

Back