Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I'm presently using the fenvi t919 which is plugged into an internal USB hub, I do have bluetooth but unsure why I do not have wifi. I'm presently using opencore 0.71 as well. I have tried updating my config.plist with a USB map but the same issue persists.
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 2.43.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 2.43.50 PM.png

Last edited:
I'm presently using the fenvi t919 which is plugged into a USB hub, I do have bluetooth but unsure why I do not have wifi. I'm presently using opencore 0.71 as well. I have tried updating my config.plist with a USB map but the same issue persists.
View attachment 525072View attachment 525073
I just took a quick look at your config.plist and it's very different from @CaseySJ's most recent OC0.7.1. I would suggest you grab a copy of the HackinDROM app and use it to create a new EFI on USB. Boot from the USB and see if everything works. if so, then simply use HackinDROM again to update the EFI on your boot volume. HackinDROM will also backup your old EFI.

Amen to that! :)
Well... it's not seeing Big Sur 11.5 for update. :shifty:

I'm just going to update from the App store again.

Would be nice if we could figure out what the issue is. No one else is experiencing no updates being detected?

Hmmmmm.

Well... it's not seeing Big Sur 11.5 for update. :shifty:

I'm just going to update from the App store again.

Would be nice if we could figure out what the issue is. No one else is experiencing no updates being detected?

Hmmmmm.
UPDATE:

Big Sewer 11.5 installed!

I just took a quick look at your config.plist and it's very different from @CaseySJ's most recent OC0.7.1. I would suggest you grab a copy of the HackinDROM app and use it to create a new EFI on USB. Boot from the USB and see if everything works. if so, then simply use HackinDROM again to update the EFI on your boot volume. HackinDROM will also backup your old EFI.
I tried to follow CaseySJ's guide and added the provided SSDT for USB, still same issue persists when upgrading to 11.5 . I also lost USB on my Define R6 case and added the provided SSDT files as well, ended up downgrading back to 11.2 where I have all/most functionality.

WechatIMG91.jpeg

oc-071-designare-z390. 9900es. What's the problem?

AVB is available with certain Ethernet adapters, but not all. It does not work with the on-board Ethernet ports. But it works with Apple's Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter and some 10GbE adapters as well (PCIe cards).

Note that Apple's TB-to-GbE adapter also requires a Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter such as this one.
Are there any security implications to enabling VT-d for this? (i.e., The lack of Apple firmware.)

I tried to follow CaseySJ's guide and added the provided SSDT for USB, still same issue persists when upgrading to 11.5 . I also lost USB on my Define R6 case and added the provided SSDT files as well, ended up downgrading back to 11.2 where I have all/most functionality.
Hello @WilliamBrantree,

Some questions:
  • Your Fenvi’s WiFi works in Catalina, but not in Big Sur 11.4 or 11.5?
  • The same EFI folder is used to boot both Catalina and Big Sur?
  • Which PCIe slot is the Fenvi installed in? Is it in the short x1 slot?
Some suggestions:
  • There might not be many options for dealing with this. But please try CMOS Reset, then configure BIOS parameters starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Also ensure that CFG-Lock is disabled from Boot section of BIOS Setup.

Are there any security implications to enabling VT-d for this? (i.e., The lack of Apple firmware.)
AppleVTD is enabled on all current-generation real Macs, and allows certain devices to use direct memory access (DMA). There are no security issues related to this that we’re aware of.

Hello @WilliamBrantree,

Some questions:
  • Your Fenvi’s WiFi works in Catalina, but not in Big Sur 11.4 or 11.5?
  • The same EFI folder is used to boot both Catalina and Big Sur?
  • Which PCIe slot is the Fenvi installed in? Is it in the short x1 slot?
Some suggestions:
  • There might not be many options for dealing with this. But please try CMOS Reset, then configure BIOS parameters starting with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). Also ensure that CFG-Lock is disabled from Boot section of BIOS Setup.
Hi CaseySJ! The Fenvi T919 card is installed on PCIeX4. I had initially installed my setup with Big Sur 11.2 with everything working and then attempted to upgrade to 11.5 yesterday based upon your supplemented SSDTs. But the WiFi and front 3.0 USB ports of my Define R6 did not work.

Back