i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello, Casey! How are you? This thread always been a great help in running the hackintosh smoothly and stable. Just wanted to share one of the issue that I am facing is that my external drives are working very slow and data is not easy accessible need help in that. Need these drives to work smoothly as rest of the system works.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello, Casey! How are you? This thread always been a great help in running the hackintosh smoothly and stable. Just wanted to share one of the issue that I am facing is that my external drives are working very slow and data is not easy accessible need help in that. Need these drives to work smoothly as rest of the system works.
USB drives? More detail would help… and no, I’m not Casey ;)

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hi,

Hopefully someone can be of some help out there. I use a Blackmagic design Decklink card in PCIEX4 on the Z390 motherboard Big Sur 11.4. Everything has been working fine, now all of a sudden the Desktop Video Setup can no longer see the card.

Have checked if it was an EFI problem - definitely not as far as I can tell.
Have checked with my back-up disk which is on Big Sur 11.3.1 and the Decklink card is recognised and everything is working. Both with current EFI (0.7.1)and previous EFI (0.7.0)

I did notice about a week ago there was an automated Blackmagic Design update but for what reason, I have no idea.

I tried uninstalling Desktop Video Setup then reinstalling but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Wifi
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello brousseau

Regarding the External HDD If I try to access any file Mac is taking so much time to access the file on drive and on one the drive its showing the folder and everything but can't open it seems like folders and files are not completely copied. Sharing the screenshot for the same.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.23.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.23.51 PM.png
    620.7 KB · Views: 35
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello brousseau

Regarding the External HDD If I try to access any file Mac is taking so much time to access the file on drive and on one the drive its showing the folder and everything but can't open it seems like folders and files are not completely copied. Sharing the screenshot for the same.

Thanks
I've seen this in Mojave. I'm not sure what's going on, but when this happens, I consider the copy to be invalid. I then delete the "ghost" items, empty the trash, and try again.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

Hopefully someone can be of some help out there. I use a Blackmagic design Decklink card in PCIEX4 on the Z390 motherboard Big Sur 11.4. Everything has been working fine, now all of a sudden the Desktop Video Setup can no longer see the card.

Have checked if it was an EFI problem - definitely not as far as I can tell.
Have checked with my back-up disk which is on Big Sur 11.3.1 and the Decklink card is recognised and everything is working. Both with current EFI (0.7.1)and previous EFI (0.7.0)

I did notice about a week ago there was an automated Blackmagic Design update but for what reason, I have no idea.

I tried uninstalling Desktop Video Setup then reinstalling but no luck.

Any suggestions?
If you haven't, go to the BMD community. Others have had this issue in Windows.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Hi,

Just finished fresh install Big Sur 11.4 and OpenCore 0.7.1 (BIOS F9i mod). Everything seems working fine except the computer freezes randomly, and I had to do cool reboot. For example, open Safari and go to yahoo, after couple seconds of loading, then computer frozen right away. It also happens when I copy files from USB to hard drive. Hope someone can point out what setting that i missed during installation. Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello brousseau

Thanks
Is it one of the two USB drives shown on your desktop? Two 5tb drives.

Could you test it on your Z97X build to be sure that’s not a drive slowly dying?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Just for fun (and in the event I switch from Mojave if needed only, ie, not now!), I’ve created an EFI bootable OC 7.1 as a test. BTW, thanks @CaseySJ as the work I had to do was minimal as you already did it for us!

Result:

- flawless except a few things I had to correct regarding Windows 10: no way to insert some patches, mainly PEGP to GFX0 (instant BSOD) because WhateverGreen is a no go for me, instant iTunes crash!
The solution I found about WG and iTunes crashing, « shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 », is counterintuitive as I’m already running with iMacPro 1,1??
Anyways, I don’t see any difference with the RX560 located at PEGP or GFX0 performance wise.

- no need to enter the CPU frequency (anyway, it couldn’t be done if I’m not mistaken). In Clover, it’s mandatory for Native Instruments (Native Access) to work properly.

- all softs (audio plugins, etc…) authorized without a hitch as I transferred carefully the important bits from Clover (serial, etc…). iMessage and al too…

- I customized (removed or added) some kext or SSDT’s and it was a breeze with OC Configurator.

I’ve gone back to my trusty Clover 5099 as there is a rule with an Audio Workstation: « if ain’t broken, don’t fix it ».

However, I now have the latitude to move forward in the case I ever need it.

Thanks for this wonderful thread, it makes it easy!

Last edited: