Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
For AppleVTD I combined my DMAR.aml with "Reserved Memory Region" from an genuine iMac19,1 dumped DMAR.aml. All working, also direct boot from OC to Windows and Ubuntu.
Yes ! the memory regions seem compatibles, it's certainly the best way ;) good job

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming WiFi
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @galisrule , in your ssdt I see "Oem Revision : 00000001". When you replace an acpi table, you must increase this number. Try to replace with "Oem Revision : 00000002".
ok will try that thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
I am getting an error in HackinDROM noting that 'Opencore requires 142.3 MB'... I only have the one EFI folder in there that contains the standard Z390 Designare ACPI files, kexts, etc.... Am I missing some way to free up room?

I do not have any APPLE directories in my EFI folder and I have already attempted to clear out the trash while the EFI is mounted.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 2.40.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 2.40.25 PM.png

UPDATE: I deleted the two unused AirportItlwm files for the two prior OX systems, and I have enough room now...

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare iMac19,1
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Awesome work on the Apple VTD front everyone! I tried following the instructions from CaseySJ but still came back to no working ethernet or wifi, despite AppleVTD and DMAC available in IOReg. On a whim I tried switching from iMacPro1,1 to iMac19,1 on a spare drive to see if that could be the problem, and lo and behold: Networking works.

Made sure hevc and things were working, then tried on my main system. Seems like everything works. I've now also tried with Stefan's modified SSDT-DMAR.aml and it seems to work as well. I don't have any TB devices to try, though I'll be getting a GbE adapter soon and have an old TB2 dock I could test with if I get the TB2->TB3 adapter.

So I guess it's possible the DMAR tricks only work with iMac19,1 smbios.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Awesome work on the Apple VTD front everyone! I tried following the instructions from CaseySJ but still came back to no working ethernet or wifi, despite AppleVTD and DMAC available in IOReg. On a whim I tried switching from iMacPro1,1 to iMac19,1 on a spare drive to see if that could be the problem, and lo and behold: Networking works.

Made sure hevc and things were working, then tried on my main system. Seems like everything works. I've now also tried with Stefan's modified SSDT-DMAR.aml and it seems to work as well. I don't have any TB devices to try, though I'll be getting a GbE adapter soon and have an old TB2 dock I could test with if I get the TB2->TB3 adapter.

I got it working on Z590 with MacPro7,1 SMBIOS, but it might vary per SMBIOS and GPU configuration.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

When you say everything worked when you tried it again on your main system, does that mean you tried it with iMacPro1,1?

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
When you say everything worked when you tried it again on your main system, does that mean you tried it with iMacPro1,1?
No sorry I wasn’t clear, I meant I booted my regular system with 19,1. Which meant having to log in again on iCloud and other accounts.

But when I said everything works I seem to have spoken too soon. Now DRM seems broken in Safari and the TV app :-/

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No sorry I wasn’t clear, I meant I booted my regular system with 19,1. Which meant having to log in again on iCloud and other accounts.

But when I said everything works I seem to have spoken too soon. Now DRM seems broken in Safari and the TV app :-/
Fortunately DRM is a separate issue from AppleVTD. Or maybe I should qualify that statement by saying that as far as we know, DRM issues are not correlated with VT-d. It's easy enough to verify by checking-on DisableIoMapper in order to disable AppleVTD.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Fortunately DRM is a separate issue from AppleVTD. Or maybe I should qualify that statement by saying that as far as we know, DRM issues are not correlated with VT-d. It's easy enough to verify by checking-on DisableIoMapper in order to disable AppleVTD.
Got TV app working with defaults write com.apple.AppleGVA gvaForceAMDKE -boolean yes but no luck with Netflix and Amazon in Safari. Not a big deal since I rarely watch anything on this machine, but would prefer if I could get everything working
:lol:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello @CaseySJ, so I'm trying to get OC 071 going on my Z370. I wanted to add-in the RX-580 low power patch. If the patch does not seem to be working, does anything need to be changed if the RX580 is in slot 1?

Attachments

• Screen Shot GFX0_RX580.png
    Screen Shot GFX0_RX580.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Z370 AOG7 info.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 9
  • OC071_Z370_iMP_RX580_config.plist
    18.5 KB · Views: 15