Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Something I forgot to ask: Can I use an ACPI patch to power off the 2nd card on boot? Or is ACPI-patching only for populating the system?
The last two files attached to the bottom of Post 1 in this thread will hide a Slot 1 and Slot 2 GPU from macOS. Although we can include both the low-power SSDT and the hide-my-GPU SSDT into the OpenCore config.plist, we can only enable one of them at a time.

The last two files attached to the bottom of Post 1 in this thread will hide a Slot 1 and Slot 2 GPU from macOS. Although we can include both the low-power SSDT and the hide-my-GPU SSDT into the OpenCore config.plist, we can only enable one of them at a time.
Thanks. Yeah, I knew about hiding GPUs. I just didn't know if hiding was the same as disabling power draw.

Hello, Casey! How are you? This thread always been a great help in running the hackintosh smoothly and stable. Just wanted to share one of the issue that I am facing is that my external drives are working very slow and data is not easy accessible need help in that. Need these drives to work smoothly as rest of the system works.

Hello, Casey! How are you? This thread always been a great help in running the hackintosh smoothly and stable. Just wanted to share one of the issue that I am facing is that my external drives are working very slow and data is not easy accessible need help in that. Need these drives to work smoothly as rest of the system works.
USB drives? More detail would help… and no, I’m not Casey ;)

Hi,

Hopefully someone can be of some help out there. I use a Blackmagic design Decklink card in PCIEX4 on the Z390 motherboard Big Sur 11.4. Everything has been working fine, now all of a sudden the Desktop Video Setup can no longer see the card.

Have checked if it was an EFI problem - definitely not as far as I can tell.
Have checked with my back-up disk which is on Big Sur 11.3.1 and the Decklink card is recognised and everything is working. Both with current EFI (0.7.1)and previous EFI (0.7.0)

I did notice about a week ago there was an automated Blackmagic Design update but for what reason, I have no idea.

I tried uninstalling Desktop Video Setup then reinstalling but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Hello brousseau

Regarding the External HDD If I try to access any file Mac is taking so much time to access the file on drive and on one the drive its showing the folder and everything but can't open it seems like folders and files are not completely copied. Sharing the screenshot for the same.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.23.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.23.51 PM.png
    620.7 KB · Views: 55
Hello brousseau

Regarding the External HDD If I try to access any file Mac is taking so much time to access the file on drive and on one the drive its showing the folder and everything but can't open it seems like folders and files are not completely copied. Sharing the screenshot for the same.

Thanks
I've seen this in Mojave. I'm not sure what's going on, but when this happens, I consider the copy to be invalid. I then delete the "ghost" items, empty the trash, and try again.

Hi,

Hopefully someone can be of some help out there. I use a Blackmagic design Decklink card in PCIEX4 on the Z390 motherboard Big Sur 11.4. Everything has been working fine, now all of a sudden the Desktop Video Setup can no longer see the card.

Have checked if it was an EFI problem - definitely not as far as I can tell.
Have checked with my back-up disk which is on Big Sur 11.3.1 and the Decklink card is recognised and everything is working. Both with current EFI (0.7.1)and previous EFI (0.7.0)

I did notice about a week ago there was an automated Blackmagic Design update but for what reason, I have no idea.

I tried uninstalling Desktop Video Setup then reinstalling but no luck.

Any suggestions?
If you haven't, go to the BMD community. Others have had this issue in Windows.

Hi,

Just finished fresh install Big Sur 11.4 and OpenCore 0.7.1 (BIOS F9i mod). Everything seems working fine except the computer freezes randomly, and I had to do cool reboot. For example, open Safari and go to yahoo, after couple seconds of loading, then computer frozen right away. It also happens when I copy files from USB to hard drive. Hope someone can point out what setting that i missed during installation. Thanks!

Back