Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Is this appearance new to anyone else with VTD and the DMAR patch?
The article below is a little old, but most of it still applies:
Apple has included sandbox support in some of its own apps bundled in Mac OS X, including Safari Web Content (something that helps reduce the damage caused by the Adobe Flash plugin when it fails or is compromised).

Preview and TextEdit also operate within a sandbox, with Preview isolating its PDF rendering in a secondary sandbox to negate any exploits hiding within PDFs. QuickTime sandboxes its video decoders, spinning off the task to processes named VTDecoderXPCService.

Attachments

• Kevin’s iMac Pro.zip
    1 MB · Views: 70
I got rid of the APPLE folder as per your instructions and the problem disappeared. Love the HackinDROM tool now that I'm on Big Sur! Makes life so much easier.

After upgrading to 0.7.1 the space problem reappeared, but that's likely due to the fact that the updated also brought in drivers such as AirportItlwm-Big-Sur, AirportItlwm-Monterey, RestrictEvents, and BlueToolFixup, none of which were present in my original 0.7.0 EFI.
Have you selected a backup folder in Settings window ?

Started exhibiting a strange phenomenon after upgrading to Big Sur and then updating to OC 0.7.1

I first implemented the SSDT-DMAR.aml and deleted DMAR as per instructions. This was done in Mojave (also tested in Catalina). Slate VRS8 had full functionality after each reboot. Then I decided to upgrade to Big Sur, after which Slate VRS8 driver was loading and the device operated normally after each reboot. However, after upgrading to OC 0.7.1 and deleting the APPLE folder the driver would no longer load. I tried booting off of the backup EFI OC 0.7.0 but still no luck. Cleared NVRAM - nothing. Eventually I booted off of OC 0.7.1, the driver again failed to load, but after running following command:
Code:
sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/VRS8AudioDriver.kext
VRS8 initialized and is fully functioning. Upon reboot, it doesn't load again. Sure, I can load the driver with a command from the terminal, but why isn't it automatically loading?

EDIT: System Report shows "No" under PCI>Driver Installed
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 5.06.05 PM.png

However, upon executing the above command (to load kext manually) The status changes to:
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 5.11.58 PM.png

Last edited:
@galisrule,

After enabling AppleVTD we should not experience any problem with Bluetooth. Generally Bluetooth-related problems are caused by other factors. First thing to check is System Information --> USB. Do you see a Bluetooth device?

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 5.26.49 PM.png

Started exhibiting a strange phenomenon after upgrading to Big Sur and then updating to OC 0.7.1

I first implemented the SSDT-DMAR.aml and deleted DMAR as per instructions. This was done in Mojave (also tested in Catalina). Slate VRS8 had full functionality after each reboot. Then I decided to upgrade to Big Sur, after which Slate VRS8 driver was loading and the device operated normally after each reboot. However, after upgrading to OC 0.7.1 and deleting the APPLE folder the driver would no longer load. I tried booting off of the backup EFI OC 0.7.0 but still no luck. Cleared NVRAM - nothing. Eventually I booted off of OC 0.7.1, the driver again failed to load, but after running following command:
Code:
sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/VRS8AudioDriver.kext
VRS8 initialized and is fully functioning. Upon reboot, it doesn't load again. Sure, I can load the driver with a command from the terminal, but why isn't it automatically loading?

EDIT: System Report shows "No" under PCI>Driver Installed
However, upon executing the above command (to load kext manually) The status changes to:
  • Could the driver be affected by SIP (System Integrity Protection)? Do you normally have SIP enabled or disabled?
  • Another suggestion is to reinstall the driver.

Back