Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Upgraded to Big Sur without any problems. However, I'm unable to use the HackinDROM tool to upgrade from OC 0.7.0 to 0.7.1.

View attachment 523922

My main system drive has my default EFI, and my backup EFI resides on another identical NVMe. As you can see, the backup EFI which resides on drive called: "Corsair Storage" has the option to update to 0.7.1, but my main "Mojave" drive does not. Any reasons as to why this might be?

I also noticed that after upgrading to Big Sur from Mojave, it appears that the EFI partition was modified and an "APPLE" directory was added, which includes subdirectories called "FIRMWARE and EXTENSIONS."
View attachment 523923
To clear up space in EFI partition we can safely delete all APPLE directories from all EFI folders. And empty the trash (otherwise freed up space will not actually be available).

Please give that a try.

By the way, are you installing the OpenIntelWireless version of the EFI?

• Is this with Designare NVM 33 flashed to the GC-Titan Ridge?
  • Is this with Big Sur?
    • Same on any other macOS version that you've tried?

I spoke too soon. The XHC controller doesn't load on the latest Resizable Bar BIOS.

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 2.09.30 PM.png

This is with the Gigabyte Designare NVM 33 and GC-Titan Ridge NVM 50 (version 2). This is on Monterey PB 1 and Big Sur 11.5 beta

By the way, are you installing the OpenIntelWireless version of the EFI?
YES, that said, since AirDrop doesn't work anyway, I have no reason hold on to the WiFi driver and will only retain IntelBluetoothFirmware and IntelBluetoothInjector.

YES, that said, since AirDrop doesn't work anyway, I have no reason hold on to the WiFi driver and will only retain IntelBluetoothFirmware and IntelBluetoothInjector.
If it's still complaining about lack of space, just let us know.

If it's still complaining about lack of space, just let us know.
I got rid of the APPLE folder as per your instructions and the problem disappeared. Love the HackinDROM tool now that I'm on Big Sur! Makes life so much easier.

After upgrading to 0.7.1 the space problem reappeared, but that's likely due to the fact that the updated also brought in drivers such as AirportItlwm-Big-Sur, AirportItlwm-Monterey, RestrictEvents, and BlueToolFixup, none of which were present in my original 0.7.0 EFI.

I got rid of the APPLE folder as per your instructions and the problem disappeared. Love the HackinDROM tool now that I'm on Big Sur! Makes life so much easier.

After upgrading to 0.7.1 the space problem reappeared, but that's likely due to the fact that the updated also brought in drivers such as AirportItlwm-Big-Sur, AirportItlwm-Monterey, RestrictEvents, and BlueToolFixup, none of which were present in my original 0.7.0 EFI.
Try emptying the trash with the EFI partition mounted. I ran into this problem once too.

Can't @Elias64Fr modify BIOS to set defaults for CFG-Lock and VT-d ? :think:
Only 3 words to say, no added value :mrgreen:

And few another words, there are many tweaks that we can include on firmware .. on same thread, I have included all OpenCore NVRAM datas and devices properties on static defaults values ;)

Capture d’écran 2021-07-06 à 23.54.30 1.png

also SMBIOS :rolleyes:

Last edited:
** Enabling AppleVTD on Z390 Designare with No Impact to WiFi/Ethernet **
Credit: @yosoyoco

Finally we are able to enable AppleVTD without incurring the side effects of broken WiFi and Ethernet. Thanks to @yosoyoco for solving the final piece of the puzzle!

Steps:
  • BIOS --> Enable VT-d
  • OpenCore --> Uncheck DisableIoMapper from Kernel Quirks
  • OpenCore --> Remove dart=0 from boot-args if it exists
  • OpenCore --> Add SSDT-DMAR.aml (attached) to ACPI --> Add section as shown
  • OpenCore --> Delete DMAR from ACPI --> Delete section as shown
  • Reboot
Once this has been more fully tested I'll incorporate it into next month's OpenCore 0.7.2 release.

Warning:
  • The attached SSDT is only for Gigabyte Z390 Designare only.
where is the next day or active vtd in the bios can send me a screen image

Is this appearance new to anyone else with VTD and the DMAR patch?

Attachments

• Screenshot during HEVC encoding.png
    Screenshot during HEVC encoding.png
    22 KB · Views: 131
  • Same task in Mojave.png
    Same task in Mojave.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 122
Back