Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

What's interesting is it says intel wifi which I didn't think I had enabled.
If you have Broadcom WiFi (Fenvi Youbo..) then select Z390 Designare instead of Z390 Designare OpenIntelWireless, and select Broadcom in Wifi selector

any chance you will add aorus xtreme MB to hackindrom soon

No chance that ill add any motherboard by myself because I have only Z390 Designare
But next HackinDROM App Release will have initial support for updating any OC EFI :)
that will be awesome, i keep holding off on OC updates as i sometimes break mine by mistake ....

** Enabling AppleVTD on Z390 Designare with No Impact to WiFi/Ethernet **
Credit: @yosoyoco​
I tested this in Mojave and Catalina with no negative side effects. E.g. it's probably safe to say that this method should be employed across the board not just Big Sur, so that when people do eventually upgrade to Big Sur or Monterey, it's one less troubleshooting step for them. I'm about to finally upgrade to Big Sur myself.

EDIT: One (positive?) side effect. About a week a go I upgraded from OC 0.6.9 to 0.7.0. Somewhere in the process not all of my SMBIOS info was carried over. At the time I took steps to remedy the problem but still had "Log into iCloud" prompts upon each reboot. I purposely did not log into iCloud so as to avoid having to do it later down the road. Well, after following the instructions, adding SSDT-DMAR.aml, deleting DMAR (I already had VT-d in BIOS enabled, dart=0 removed, and DisableIoMapper unchecked), my iCloud and iMessage acted as if I never had an issue. I also got a prompt on my iPhone that my "iMac" is now being used as another 'iCloud member.' Huge thanks for @yosoyoco @CaseySJ and others who have contributed!

Last edited:
I tested this in Mojave and Catalina with no negative side effects. E.g. it's probably safe to say that this method should be employed across the board not just Big Sur, so that when people do eventually upgrade to Big Sur or Monterey, it's one less troubleshooting step for them. I'm about to finally upgrade to Big Sur myself.
Now that we've solved the WiFi/Ethernet problem in Big Sur and Monterey (yes I verified it in Monterey) I am beginning to agree with you 100% :)

When the next OpenCore update cycle begins (early August), I will change the build guides to say Enable VT-d in BIOS. The OpenCore config files will be pre-configured for AppleVTD. The only user action, therefore, will be to enable VT-d in their BIOS.

Now that we've solved the WiFi/Ethernet problem in Big Sur and Monterey (yes I verified it in Monterey) I am beginning to agree with you 100% :)

When the next OpenCore update cycle begins (early August), I will change the build guides to say Enable VT-d in BIOS. The OpenCore config files will be pre-configured for AppleVTD. The only user action, therefore, will be to enable VT-d in their BIOS.
hello casey me i flash the thunderbold firmware on designare z390 and i would like to know if i am this brocedure if i will see a change and if it will work

OpenCore Configurator 2.46.0.0 has been released, with support for 0.7.1 Release Version.
Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 8.39.30 AM.png

Last edited:
Back