Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

To be safe, therefore, I recommend using native DMAR tables with the Reserved Memory regions removed.

Do mean native tables to MacOS or native to our MB? I'm going to give this a try and want to make sure I use the right elements!

Do mean native tables to MacOS or native to our MB? I'm going to give this a try and want to make sure I use the right elements!
Native to our motherboards.

*sigh* I'm embarrassed to ask this question, but I'm using HackinDROM App to test upgrade via USB stick from 0.6.4. - I'm being very conservative in this upgrade, not changing any hardware just to see if 0.7.1 is safe for my setup.

So far everything is working properly, but.... I've lost the option to reset NVRAM from the opencore boot menu, i've gone into 'Misc' 'Tools' and 'ResetSystem' is enabled.

I've attached my config.plist, what did I miss?

thanks in advance.
Matt

Attachments

• config.plist
    37.9 KB · Views: 52
*sigh* I'm embarrassed to ask this question, but I'm using HackinDROM App to test upgrade via USB stick from 0.6.4. - I'm being very conservative in this upgrade, not changing any hardware just to see if 0.7.1 is safe for my setup.

So far everything is working properly, but.... I've lost the option to reset NVRAM from the opencore boot menu, i've gone into 'Misc' 'Tools' and 'ResetSystem' is enabled.

I've attached my config.plist, what did I miss?

thanks in advance.
Matt
You already have AllowNvramReset checked on, so just press space bar at OpenCore Picker, and "Reset NVRAM" will be the last option on the right.

You already have AllowNvramReset checked on, so just press space bar at OpenCore Picker, and "Reset NVRAM" will be the last option on the right.
Ah! Thank you, lots of changes since the last time I updated. I'm kind of surprised that the system booted, but I'm still not sure I'm using the updated OC / config list. I say that because I still can't get a debug log showing during boot up and there is not debug log file in the root of the USB stick or my hard disk EFI folder. I'll keep digging in.
thanks for the space bar info!
Matt

Ah! Thank you, lots of changes since the last time I updated. I'm kind of surprised that the system booted, but I'm still not sure I'm using the updated OC / config list. I say that because I still can't get a debug log showing during boot up and there is not debug log file in the root of the USB stick or my hard disk EFI folder. I'll keep digging in.
thanks for the space bar info!
Matt
You can check OpenCore boot loader version which booted your system in HackinDROM App

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 16.35.58.png

Back