Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

• What is the make/model of the SSD?
  • Is it in a USB Type A or Type C enclosure?
  • If Type C, does it connect if plugged directly into the Thunderbolt port on GC-Titan Ridge?
P.S. Please click ‘edit’ button next to your first post and remove the mini-guide. Otherwise your post could be deleted or forcefully edited.
Type C. Yes,it does!

OK, I've been having a really weird issue with OC0.7.0 when after my monitors go to sleep, my main monitor won't wake up. My hack is still awake/running, just the monitors have gone to sleep. Wiggle the mouse, hit the keyboard, everything wakes up, but not my main Dell. If I let my hack go completely to sleep and then wake it up, then both monitors wake just fine. It's really confusing. I'm running Big Sur 11.4, iMacPro1,1 with a RX 6900 XT attached to a Dell U3417W on DP and a 1024x600 stats display on HDMI. Again, this only happens with OC0.7, so I've reverted to 0.6.9 and now everything works normally again. Thoughts? My rig is a Z390 Designare with an i9-9900K and 128GB of 2600MHz RAM running the official F9i BIOS.

View attachment 523605
I’ve got the same problem.
I just switch to monitor mirroring to wake the main monitor the switch back to extended.

OpenCore 0.7.1 is expected next week. I'll make the EFI folder compatible with Monterey. Intel i211 Ethernet port (driven by SmallTreeIntel kext) does not connect (Monterey).
If you can keep your special 0.7.1 recipes compatible with Mojave, I'll be forever grateful.

That is to have a fully functioning (or as close to a real mac as possible) Thunderbolt. Unlike UAudio's Apollos which use onboard DSP to achieve low latency, most of Thunderbolt audio interfaces out there, require direct access to memory (DMA) typically reserved for virtualization (VT-d). I have helped a good half dozen people setting this up for a range of audio interfaces, from MOTU, Slate, Presonus and others.

I believe (I could be wrong) that in order to have a fully working Thunderbolt implementation, the following need to be true:

1. Enable VT-d in BIOS (assuming Thunderbolt devices are already enabled with 'no security' in BIOS)
  2. Remove dart=0 (Boot>Arguments in Clover / NVRAM>Add>boot-args in OC)
  3. Disabled SIP (if the installed driver doesn't produce a security prompt to allow driver to function)
Puzzled as I own a fully functioning Presonus Quantum 2626? I guess I could make the changes and see if there is a performance difference but I’m curious about your statement? I run Mojave so it won’t do any harm anyways…

Thanks,

Patrice

Puzzled as I own a fully functioning Presonus Quantum 2626? I guess I could make the changes and see if there is a performance difference but I’m curious about your statement? I run Mojave so it won’t do any harm anyways…

Thanks,

Patrice
I've used a few different TB audio interfaces without VT-d and with dart=0 with zero problems. Also still on Mojave.

@brousseau6933: let me know if you notice a difference with VT-d and without dart=0.

I've used a few different TB audio interfaces without VT-d and with dart=0 with zero problems. Also still on Mojave.

@brousseau6933: let me know if you notice a difference with VT-d and without dart=0.
Well, I guess because I'm still using Clover 5099 and a patched OCQuircks EFI driver (old method), I can't see any Apple VT-d entry in IORegistryExplorer. If Im not mistaken, I would have to use a more recent version of Clover while implementing the quirks in the Config.plist. Not worth the hassle now... sorry!

**EDIT: confirmed by looking at Dortania guide that I should tick "DisableIOMapper" be it in Clover or OC. Only way to completely benefit of Apple VT-d in conjunction with removing Dart=0 and enabling VT-d in BIOS.

If ain't broken, don't fix it in my case then :)

Last edited:

What are the interfaces?

Puzzled as I own a fully functioning Presonus Quantum 2626? I guess I could make the changes and see if there is a performance difference
I ALWAYS had to have VT-d enabled to have a fully functioning VRS8 as well as a friend's Quantum on his machine. I use the Designare, he uses an Asus ROG Maximus IX with a Alpine Ridge AIC. A disabled VT-d in BIOS was NEVER an option for me on any system. This has been true since Clover versions 4XXX. I'm not sure if/how you got around this issue, but it may be key to having a working Antelope interface without VT-d enabled. A few posts back I referenced my experience with the VRS8 and point to a post that leads to another thread on this forum where @joevt was instrumental in helping me figure this out. That thread was started by and eventually abandoned by someone who owns a Persons Quantum but had similar problem and couldn't get it to work. Worth reading through the first 20 pages or so.

I ALWAYS had to have VT-d enabled to have a fully functioning VRS8 as well as a friend's Quantum on his machine. I use the Designare, he uses an Asus ROG Maximus IX with a Alpine Ridge AIC. A disabled VT-d in BIOS was NEVER an option for me on any system. This has been true since Clover versions 4XXX. I'm not sure if/how you got around this issue, but it may be key to having a working Antelope interface without VT-d enabled. A few posts back I referenced my experience with the VRS8 and point to a post that leads to another thread on this forum where @joevt was instrumental in helping me figure this out. That thread was started by and eventually abandoned by someone who owns a Persons Quantum but had similar problem and couldn't get it to work. Worth reading through the first 20 pages or so.
Will look for the post ´cause I’m curious but my 2626 (not the original Quantum TB2) works flawlessly.

Back