Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I don't think my issue is related to Apple VT-d because it was there also before we are playing with Apple VT-d
Have you done all the usual troubleshooting (signing out of iCloud on Hackintosh, rebooting, signing back into iCloud; then shutting down and restarting your iPhone and iPad)?

Does anyone have four 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200Mhz or higher DIMMs on their Z390 Designare or Z490 Vision D?

Please reply only if you have exactly 4 of these 16GB DIMMs (must be Vengeance RGB Pro).

Have you done all the usual troubleshooting (signing out of iCloud on Hackintosh, rebooting, signing back into iCloud; then shutting down and restarting your iPhone and iPad)?
Yes sir,

Just enabled ExtendBTFeatureFlags in OC but didn't changed anything: still no Continuity, Hand-off and Airdrop after wake from sleep.

Power Nap and all "background updates" are working without issue!

So I remembered that I had an old set of 4 x 8Gb DIMMs (same brand and speed). After testing a variety of settings, I was able to get all network devices working with AppleVTD with 2 DIMMs in slots A1 and B1. Running with Profile 1 @ 3600Mhz. When plugging in all 4 DIMMs, I got the usual results of Fenvi and built-in network breaking, no matter what I tried. One observation was consistent: I would see the message in POST about the Fenvi card being detected only when VT-D was enabled in BIOS and when it would break both network cards in MacOS. I would not see the Fenvi card in a POST message when VT-D was enabled in BIOS and all network devices worked in MacOS.

16 Gb -2 DIMMs @3600Mhz:
Working.jpg

I’m going to manually set 2666MHz when I get home. As noted previously, with XMP off memory defaults to 2667MHz.
Forced 2666MHz, but got the same result with 128GB (4x32GB). AppleVTD shows up but no networking (ethernet or WiFi) with the Fenvi installed. Sorry.

Yes, a gene pool of mad scientists discovering things that Apple didn't intend on being discovered...
Like old Macs (like my old Macbook Pro) can still run modern versions of macOS, even though Apple declared them as 'obsolete' years ago. All that's needed is some elbow grease and some patching.
I should note that in my config.plist, I'm using the values for booter->quirks as recommended per the Dortania Install Guide:

1624841891584.png

So, i tested with four HyperX Fury 16GB (KHX3600C17D4/16GX) running profile 1 @ 3600Mhz
Apple VT-d is enabled in IOReg but I've also lost Wifi (TP-Link TL-WDN7280) and Ethernet.
I hope this will help finding the cure.

So, i tested with four HyperX Fury 16GB (KHX3600C17D4/16GX) running profile 1 @ 3600Mhz
Apple VT-d is enabled in IOReg but I've also lost Wifi (TP-Link TL-WDN7280) and Ethernet.
I hope this will help finding the cure.
Perfect — you’ve stated exactly the information we want!

So far the safe bet seems to be Corsair Vengeance, both LPX and RGB Pro. I have ordered 4x8GB 3200MHz RGB Pro. Curious if 3600MHz version of this memory will also work.

Meanwhile, everyone is encouraged to try the experiment (see “Experiment Update #3”) and post their exact memory configuration and make/model information whether or not WiFi and Ethernet work when AppleVTD is enabled.

So I remembered that I had an old set of 4 x 8Gb DIMMs (same brand and speed). After testing a variety of settings, I was able to get all network devices working with AppleVTD with 2 DIMMs in slots A1 and B1. Running with Profile 1 @ 3600Mhz. When plugging in all 4 DIMMs, I got the usual results of Fenvi and built-in network breaking, no matter what I tried. …
What is the make/model of these DIMMs?

Back