2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** Experiment Update #2 **
AppleVTD and Apple Gigabit-to-Ethernet Adapter Problems FIXED

@Elias64Fr has done it again! The Apple Gigabit-to-Ethernet adapter -- which supports AVB -- is now functional in Big Sur. It was necessary to solve the AppleVTD puzzle, which has now been done.

We are working to determine the exact configuration necessary for this, and will provide details later. This is a significant step forward in making Thunderbolt on Hackintosh behave more like that on a real Mac.

View attachment 522511View attachment 522510
Interim Update #2A:
  • AppleVTD is enabled by:
    • Enabling Vt-d in BIOS Setup
    • Unchecking DisableIoMapper in Kernel section of config.plist
    • Removing dart=0, if present, from boot-args
  • Results:
    • Apple Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter works in Big Sur (including AVB)
    • Antelope Audio Thunderbolt interfaces work finally
    • Other problematic devices may also work (need to be tested)
  • Side-effects:
    • Fenvi (or Broadcom) WiFi will be unable to find wireless networks and unable to connect to a wireless network (driver will load)
      • Bluetooth is okay
    • Intel i219 Ethernet port driven by IntelMausi kext will be unable to connect (driver will load)
    • Intel i211 Ethernet port driven by SmallTreeIntel kext will be unable to connect (driver will load)
  • Ethernet devices that will work:
    • Intel i225-V Ethernet port will continue to work
    • Aquantia 10Gbps Ethernet cards will continue to work
  • However:
    • Z390 Designare owned by @Elias64Fr --> modified BIOS --> everything works with Vt-d enabled
      • Intel i5-9600K six-core CPU
    • Z390 Designare owned by @CaseySJ --> modified BIOS --> everything works with Vt-d enabled
      • Intel i5-9600K six-core CPU
    • Z390 Designare owned by @Inqnuam --> modified BIOS --> everything works with Vt-d enabled
      • Intel i9-9900KF eight-core CPU
    • Z390 Designare owned by @yosoyoco --> modified BIOS --> Intel i211, Intel i219, and Broadcom WiFi unable to connect with Vt-d enabled
      • Intel i9-9900K eight-core CPU
    • Z390 Designare owned by @NCMacGuy --> modified BIOS --> Intel i211, Intel i219, and Broadcom WiFi unable to connect with Vt-d enabled
    • We are going to focus on this for now
Open Question:

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
IDK if this helps, but VTD seems to be working for me with both i211, i219, and WiFi/Bluetooth working and connecting in Mojave.
EDIT: @CaseySJ should I hunt for a special revision or batch number on my Z390? Would you like a copy of my BIOS, BIOS setup file, and OC070 bundle? LMK...

Attachments

• VTD and WiFi.png
    VTD and WiFi.png
    453.8 KB · Views: 33
  • i211 SmallTree working.png
    i211 SmallTree working.png
    300.9 KB · Views: 35
  • i219 working.png
    i219 working.png
    312.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Yes, Fenvi T919 in slot PCIEX1_2

And disableIOmapper = false ??

It's seems to be related to DMAR ACPI table or something like that...
@yosoyoco and any else have network issues after enabling AppleVTD,

Can you verify under MaciASL, if you have DMAR table appearing like that :

Capture d’écran 2021-06-23 à 07.20.48.png

and If don't have, under OpenCore Configurator, something like :

Capture d’écran 2021-06-23 à 07.27.04.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare- F9i
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi, I have a problem, my Fenvi card prevents the computer's boot. When I remove it the boot goes well but when it is plugged in the computer lights up and comes off at the end of 1-2s. I do not understand why ... Thank for your help

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Z390 Designare owned by @yosoyoco --> modified BIOS --> Intel i211, Intel i219, and Broadcom WiFi unable to connect with Vt-d enabled
I have an Intel i9-9900KF, Fenvi and TB->Gigabyte Ethernet
I can give a try too

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299-DELUXE-3105
CPU
i9-7920X
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
Can you verify under MaciASL, if you have DMAR table appearing
I also have the network errors and for me the DMAR table appears under MaciASL. Nothing is entered in the config.plist under "ACPI - Delete".

...as a quick note, on my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, the Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter works great. AVB included! It is connected to a Gigabyte Titan Ridge card. With unmodified firmware.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
@CaseySJ

With BIOS modified firmware, I have tried booting to Windows, from cold boot and thunderbolt eGPU plugged before :
  • During post boot (prior OpenCore picker), eGPU discrete card (RX580) fans have increased speed ... good sign !
  • Few time after Windows desktop appearing, eGPU fans has shortly speedly spinned and then stopped
  • eGPU is connected and ready to go :)
Bad news are :
  • when I have both thunderbolt Ethernet and eGPU devices connected (Port 1 and 2) before boot, due to a lack of memory ressources : both can't connect under Windows (only one device at same time works)
  • Hot plug doesn't work (maybe something to do on SSDT... this may solve previous point)
  • From a warm boot and eGPU already plugged, Opencore doesn't boot, I have black screen with a white cursor > System seem to be stucked

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
I also have the network errors and for me the DMAR table appears under MaciASL. Nothing is entered in the config.plist under "ACPI - Delete".

...as a quick note, on my ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe, the Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter works great. AVB included! It is connected to a Gigabyte Titan Ridge card. With unmodified firmware.
@maschinenwart

On your ASUS board, have you enabled AppleVTD ? Which macOS version have you installed ?

@maschinenwart @yosoyoco

if someone have some times, could you extract from Hackintool / Logs / Systems, all lines related to "IO80211Family". If there is too much lines .. 20 first lines would be sufficient

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, it is enabled...

Catalina V. 10.15.7 (19H1217)

...the Log from Z390
Apple Thunderbolt-to-Gigabit Ethernet adapter has always worked in Catalina even without Vt-d. It fails, however, under Big Sur unless Vt-d is enabled.