Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

H Casey,

I like doing a manual OC update but the config.plist has not been updated to 0.7.0 on HackinDROM.
Good point! I completely forgot about posting the files to HackinDROM website. The files are available through the app.

I’ll post the files to the website in a couple of hours.

Good point! I completely forgot about posting the files to HackinDROM website. The files are available through the app.

Would you like to add it to the website automatically when you upload in the App ?

Would you like to add it to the website automatically when you upload in the App ?
That would be a great feature! But in that case it would make sense to let users choose Motherboard from one list and OC EFI from another list. This change was already made to the app.

But in that case it would make sense to let users choose Motherboard from one list and OC EFI from another list. This change was already made to the app.
Yes of course, I dont have so much time at the moment but will try to make CopyConfig's interface look like App's "Create EFI" section

H Casey,

I like doing a manual OC update but the config.plist has not been updated to 0.7.0 on HackinDROM.

The files have been posted to the HackinDROM website:
Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 6.34.08 AM.png

Do i need agdpmod=pikera shikigva=80 igfxfw=2 boot flags, that are included in EFI, if i have Radeon VII?

Do i need agdpmod=pikera shikigva=80 igfxfw=2 boot flags, that are included in EFI, if i have Radeon VII?
  • agdpmod=pikera --> only needed for RX 5000 and RX 6000 series GPUs
  • igfxfw=2 --> should be used if your CPU has an iGPU and it is enabled in BIOS
  • shikivga=80 --> should be used in Mojave and Catalina, but has no effect in Big Sur

• agdpmod=pikera --> only needed for RX 5000 and RX 6000 series GPUs
  • igfxfw=2 --> should be used if your CPU has an iGPU and it is enabled in BIOS
  • shikivga=80 --> should be used in Mojave and Catalina, but has no effect in Big Sur
Is shikigva=80 harmful to a BigSur system? If you haven't done this already, would you mind adding your note into the miniguide?

Congratulations! Although mine is still shrink wrapped (evil me), it should only be necessary to add “agdpmod=pikera”.

Thanks. I got it working by just plug-in in the card. No need to do any changes to the current EFI as that boot arg was already part of it :thumbup:

B6C65382-02FD-403C-9FAA-340286292EF3.png

Back