Gigabyte Designare z390 x3
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Vega64
Mac
  1. iMac
This is actually my handiwork! :)

The first one is conditionally injected in Mojave only and supports product names up to iMac19,1.

The second one is conditionally injected in Catalina and Big Sur, and supports product names up to iMac20,2. It uses newer Xcode framework that does not work in Mojave, hence the dual versions.
Casey, if you recall, this one got me, too until you clarified (and I educated myself about kernel versions). I think think the clarity that may be missing, is that perhaps folks just might need to hear that v71 isn't needed at all if they're never booting with Mojave.

I understand you're trying to provide the most thorough and widely compatible setup, so I get why it's there! I 'think' it's the same with the hackintool.aml, right? It's there for those who have flashed TB, but isn't really needed at all if one has not, correct?
J

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p700
CPU
2x E5-2620 V3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ @P1LGRIM yes, my 970 Evo Plus has the updated fw 2B2QEXM7

For USBInjectAll I see Casey put 02 in the sample folder of OC 069 for boardcom wifi chipset? Should I remove 1?
Try clicking the link that I posted and see if you want to fix any of the errors reported there.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I believe you're absolutely right. Most of the time I use only one screen but when I connect my LG TV as second screen idle power goes from 30 to 70. So number of connected screens definitely matters.
Right on: one LCD disconnected and it falls to 27w.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Wait, am I the only one that was trying to use this Orinoco patch with Mojave and the RX 580 and a 19,1? When I added the RX580 patch using Plist Edit Pro, I was able to get an idle of 19W, and then a speedy FCPX "Share to Apple Devices 4k" render. But now, replicating the export task is hanging at 88%. Are there optimal iGPU BIOS settings? Or should I remove the patch?

Attachments

• 30 Second Apple Devices 4k Better Quality export_About 40 seconds with my setup.png
    30 Second Apple Devices 4k Better Quality export_About 40 seconds with my setup.png
    156.5 KB · Views: 45
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Wait, am I the only one that was trying to use this Orinoco patch with Mojave and the RX580 and a 19,1? When I added the RX580 patch using Plist Edit Pro, I was able to get an idle of 19W and then a speedy FCPX "Share to Apple Devices 4k" render, but now, replicating the export task is hanging at 88%. Are there optimal iGPU BIOS settings? Or should I remove the patch?
I guess the @AlexD SSDT just inject Orinoco FB, isn't it? I'm no expert but I don't think it's supposed to fail. Did you rebuild the kext caches, maybe it could help...

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I guess the @AlexD SSDT just inject Orinoco FB, isn't it? I'm no expert but I don't think it's supposed to fail. Did you rebuild the kext caches, maybe it could help...
We rebuild the kernel cache when installing a kext into /Library/Extensions. SSDTs, however, function independently of this.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, in the BIOS/onboard GFX settings; I jacked up the Preallocated Memory to 256GB, Total Memory to Max, and Aperture to 512GB. It seems to help, because the FCPX<Share now completes the export. Idle is still 19W.

Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
i9-7960x
Graphics
Vega 56
Yeah, but here's the thing: I don't really know what is happening if "Auto" is selected, because the BIOS is making adjustments according to how the CPU is clocked. My Geek Bench and CineBench scores are nice and the machine is really solid for Pro Tools 2021. Intel Power Gadget indicates that the machine is not slammed at idle, so at least some power saving is happening. FWIW, the RAM I purchased was "native" 2666 MHz on purpose, so that I would have some flexibiity. I have not flashed my Thunderbolt. My setup is a 100% stock @CaseySJ setup.
So I had him set the settings to Disabled on as UA recommended. They were previously on Auto.

We'll see how the pops/clicks issue goes but now the computer will NOT shut down. Just immediately restarts!

Has anyone seen this issue?

Is this possibly a C States = Disabled thing?
Or do I need to help him do the Dortania Fix Shutdown/Restart thing?

Thanks in advance!!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
We rebuild the kernel cache when installing a kext into /Library/Extensions. SSDTs, however, function independently of this.
Oh, sorry. In my case (Clover FB mod injection), I have to rebuild cache at each change or security updates....

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** Custom BIOS F9i with Latest Intel Micro Code, 0xEA **
Credit: @Elias64Fr

WARNING:
Please install
BIOS F9i OFFICIAL version before installing this one
If you are already running BIOS F9i, then you may install the new BIOS directly

Elias has done it again! He has inserted the latest Intel Coffee Lake microcode from Apple's most recent firmware update (part of Big Sur 11.4) into the Gigabyte Z390 Designare F9i BIOS. The latest microcode is version 0xEA and applies to the CPUID 0906 family of 8th and 9th generation Intel Core processors.

Even though the new microcode was released with Big Sur 11.4, it applies to the Intel processor itself and not to any particular operating system. All versions of macOS, Windows, Linux, etc. are compatible.

The resulting file is called Z390DESI_modMC_01052021_0906_Rev_0xEA.F9i, and it's attached below.

As always, the decision to use or not use this BIOS is up to you. It is entirely optional. I have tested the new BIOS for half a day now with no issues.

Capture d’écran 2021-05-27 à 22.11.01.png

Attachments

• Z390DESI_modMC_01052021_0906_Rev_0xEA.F9i.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 270
Last edited: