Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Going to be changing up the hardware config later this week, adding a new GPU to the mix. As a result, I'm going to be moving my Radeon VII to a Razer Core X enclosure. Anyone using an eGPU at the moment? I'm curious how the experience has been and if we still need CSM enabled for eGPU to work on a flashed GC-Titan Ridge.

Hello, maybe someone just asked this but I really did not find any post about this problem.
Here’s my boot screen since last week. How can I delete the other icons?

Attachments

• C22B018B-5202-483B-AF44-E126E6AE8CDD.jpeg
    C22B018B-5202-483B-AF44-E126E6AE8CDD.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
Hello, maybe someone just asked this but I really did not find any post about this problem.
Here’s my boot screen since last week. How can I delete the other icons?

@Cellubab It looks like your config.plist is set to display all the OC Tools. You can disable them by properly setting the Tools as shown below.

Select the "HideAuxiliary" check box and all Tools with the "Auxiliary" column checked will not be displayed. However, if you hit the Spacebar in the OC Picker window they will show up on the screen.

If you don't want any Tools displayed at all, uncheck everything in the "Enabled" column.

Auxillary Tools.jpg

@Cellubab It looks like your config.plist is set to display all the OC Tools. You can disable them by properly setting the Tools as shown below.

Select the "HideAuxiliary" check box and all Tools with the "Auxiliary" column checked will not be displayed. However, if you hit the Spacebar in the OC Picker window they will show up on the screen.

If you don't want any Tools displayed at all, uncheck everything in the "Enabled" column.

View attachment 520295
Thanks!!
in the meantime, to whom is interested, I tested the Thunderbolt 3 port with a MOTU 828ES. It worked flawlessly.
Nothing to do with Antelope yet?

Going to be changing up the hardware config later this week, adding a new GPU to the mix. As a result, I'm going to be moving my Radeon VII to a Razer Core X enclosure. Anyone using an eGPU at the moment? I'm curious how the experience has been and if we still need CSM enabled for eGPU to work on a flashed GC-Titan Ridge.
With a flashed GC-Titan Ridge, your eGPU should work just fine with CSM disabled. Keyword 'should'! :)

@CaseySJ
I'm having trouble updating to 11.4 from 11.2.3
I used HackinDROM to create a new EFI folder.

I attached an image of where it stops and of all my files

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 7.40.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 7.40.24 PM.png
    421.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 7.40.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 7.40.39 PM.png
    463 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 7.41.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 7.41.16 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4387.jpg
    IMG_4387.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 58
@CaseySJ
I'm having trouble updating to 11.4 from 11.2.3
I used HackinDROM to create a new EFI folder.

I attached an image of where it stops and of all my files
Some questions:
  • Which version of OpenCore are you running?
  • How much free space is left on your macOS SSD?
  • What is the make/model of your macOS SSD?
  • Are you using an add-in Thunderbolt card such as GC-Alpine Ridge or GC-Titan Ridge?

@brousseau6933
you can find informations about new microcodes on win-raid forum (posts #177 and #1) :)

Same as included on Apple firmware :
View attachment 520251
Quite interesting to say the least. No traces of this Microcode when searching around the web. I guess it will eventually shows up for other OS’es and vendor BIOS’s.
Anyone tried this yet? Any benches comparing it to previous versions. Seen some reports that security patches in the new microcode actually lower performance. I'm still using an older bios (9b?) but I'm satisfied with performance and stability. What is the advantage of updating to this one or the gigabyte f9I version other than this is the microcode apple is shipping?

Anyone tried this yet? Any benches comparing it to previous versions. Seen some reports that security patches in the new microcode actually lower performance. I'm still using an older bios (9b?) but I'm satisfied with performance and stability. What is the advantage of updating to this one or the gigabyte f9I version other than this is the microcode apple is shipping?
I haven't yet found any specific details on the new microcode. Apple is distributing this to every Intel Mac without revealing any details. Hackintosh owners have a choice, but we have no information about the changes. We can nevertheless make a decision for ourselves even in the absence of any information.

NEW PARTIAL SUCCESS!

Everything except thunderbolt.
I have kind of cobbled a build together.
Boot works amazing. Everything seems to be ok. There was a random freeze that was occurring but I think that may have been fixed by disabling the vt-d.

-asus z390-a prime mobo
-intel i7 9700k
-ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX570
-2x 16gb corsair rgb
-Samsung 870 evo
-fenvi t919 (wireless/bt) *wifi works/bt doesnt
-Titan Ridge 2.0

EDIT: BIG SUR INSTALL BTW

TO THE HEART OF THE ISSUE:
I am using a Focusrite Clarett 8pre
I have been able to get it to connect via windows.
It has connected like 4 times in the osx environment only to disconnect and not come back after altering for hotplug.

I have added the post install ssdt's
I modified the TB3 ssdt to coincide with the IOreg readings i am getting (RP17)

still nothing.
NO HOT PLUG, NO TB3 EVEN WITH IT PLUGGED IN ON BOOT

HEEEELPPP were coming on a week of me doing nothing but trying to get this thunderbolt to work :(

lemme know if i need to up any files plz and thank you!

Back