Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please try disconnecting/removing the following drive temporarily to see whether it might be causing the problem:
  • PCI-e SSD VK001920KWDUH 1.92TB (Main Storage)
Hey Casey, you got it totally right! The bottleneck is this SSD. Like the case of intel 660p previously, this happens again.

Is there anything I can do to use this drive? I tried to switch to other slot, and it do not even boot!

I could use it before with OC 0.5.8 and Catalina. Is there any change which cause this?

Sorry for the tangle, I am kind of lack of basic.

Hey Casey, you got it totally right! The bottleneck is this SSD. Like the case of intel 660p previously, this happens again.

Is there anything I can do to use this drive? I tried to switch to other slot, and it do not even boot!

I could use it before with OC 0.5.8 and Catalina. Is there any change which cause this?

Sorry for the tangle, I am kind of lack of basic.
If you could use it before, it probably means that latest NVMeFix.kext is causing the problem. Simply disable it from Kernel section of config.plist and see if that helps. We can also use the previous version of the kext.

Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ -I tried flashing the BIOS with this file: It gets halfway through and the Q-Flash screen freezes. Is there a trick since it's updating the firmware?
Ouch, that’s not good. My system had no such issue. I unzipped and copied the file to a FAT32 USB 3.0 Samsung Bar Plus flash drive with plenty of remaining disk space, and had no issues. Would be good to check all the basics and try one more time.

I am lagging behind too far, and had no idea about sanity check
It is linked from the Dortania guide.

However, my OC ver is 0.6.9, and the sanity is 0.6.6. Is there a critical difference?
OCValidate which is included with each OpenCore release performs a similar function.

Is there anything I can do to use this drive?
According to the sanity checker you are missing an HFS driver, this may have some bearing on the problems you are having with the drive.

Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 09.46.34.png

Thank you @CaseySJ & @P1LGRIM

My problem is solved. My system is "allergic" with that latest NVMeFix.kext. Previously, I don't need this to run my system.

• PCI-e SSD VK001920KWDUH 1.92TB (Main Storage) -> Back to work normal

I also put HFSPlus into Drivers Folder, and check ApplePanic & Apple Debug without these Config.plist change. My boot will hang at Apple Logo, no loading (without my PCI-e SSD).

Again, thank you two very much :D. I am very thankful for this support for my Hackintosh, so a young father like me can have proper working macOS in tough situation.

My system is "allergic" with that latest NVMeFix.kext.

Mine also, not only the latest, since many iterations NVMeFix it's been incompatible with my build , If I recall correctly, the only one the worked ok, was the very first that Casey posted

My boot drive Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Hey @CaseySJ, I know you have a lot of UAD users here so I wanted to leave a little info on getting UAD's most recent update and macOS 11.4 working for those who having trouble like myself.

Sometimes after an install we get the unfortunate Driver Not Properly Loaded message from our Console Settings App.

In short, after UAD Installation we must restart and head to System Preferences>Security & Privacy and need allow the UAD Driver to load. For some users this isn't as option.

Preventative: I'm likely wrong but I have a hunch this has to do with a firmware update that is triggered happens during the install. I recommend powering off your UAD devices, installing, rebooting, and allowing the drive to load prior.

I found a few fixes scouring the UADForum. You can follow their thread here.

1) You can use
Code:
sudo kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/UAD2System.kext
in Terminal to load the driver. This will need to be redone after each reboot. If you don't use Terminal very often then consider pressing the up arrow on your keyboard and it will load the last command typed. That should make things quicker.
Credit UADForum User: Mengelking

2) Create a Plist file for Library/LaunchDaemons that tells macOS to load UAD2System.kext on reboot. The file is attached here. You need to use these two commands in Terminal as well.
Code:
sudo chown root:wheel /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.uaudio.workaround.plist
sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.uaudio.workaround.plist
To undo this use these two commands
Code:
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.uaudio.workaround.plist
sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.uaudio.workaround.plist
Credit: UADForum User: carpathian01

3) Reinstall macOS. Just go into recovery and do an install over your current one. This wont erase anything but please have a back up ready first. Be smart.

4) This is the longest method but worked for me (along with options 1 and 2). Download both v9131 and v9146 (you can find v9131 here). Uninstall UAD Software by going to Applications/Universal Audio and running the uninstall application. Restart. Run the the v9131 installer and restart but do not attempt to allow access via System Preferences. Then run the v9146 installer and restart. This time System Preferences should give you the option to Allow.
Credit: UADForum User: mikebp

Attachments

• com.uaudio.workaround.plist
    697 bytes · Views: 70
Last edited:
Hey @CaseySJ, I know you have a lot of UAD users here so I wanted to leave a little info on getting UAD's most recent update and macOS 11.4 working.

The problem: When you install the UA update and restart you're supposed to be prompted for an "Allow" in Security & Privacy settings but that prompt never comes. You're left with the dreaded "Drivers Not Properly Loaded" sign in the Console Settings app.

User Mengelking on the UAD forum used
Code:
sudo kmutil load -p /Library/Extensions/UAD2System.kext
in terminal per UA customer supports advice and it forced the system to actually connect.

Happy music making friends.
During the update when the updater says about "allowing after restart and all" dont close the updater after it is completed, just wait and check Allow in Security & Privacy settings then allow it when it appears, after that you can restart

Back