Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thank you, CaseySJ

I have upgraded OpenCore 0.6.7 to 0.6.9. I've restarted OK with 11.3.4 ( I think this version).

Now it is upgraded to 11.4. I'm afraid but I will see.

Successfully updated. Thx a lot.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm running Mojave 10.14.4 (installed thanks to this guide using clover).
I just did the switch to OpenCore using the mini-guide, and all is working well.

I'm now wondering what is the process to upgrade my MacOS version ? To Catalina or BigSur for example.
All the guides are referring to Clover, but what's the usual process with OC to upgrade MacOS ?
Is there any guide I should follow ?

thanks!

Hello,

I'm running Mojave 10.14.4 (installed thanks to this guide using clover).
I just did the switch to OpenCore using the mini-guide, and all is working well.

I'm now wondering what is the process to upgrade my MacOS version ? To Catalina or BigSur for example.
All the guides are referring to Clover, but what's the usual process with OC to upgrade MacOS ?
Is there any guide I should follow ?

thanks!

I successfully did an in-place upgrade using macOS Software Update to go from Mojave 10.14.6 to Big Sur 11.2.

Updates to 11.3 and 11.4 have been without issue, just like a regular Mac. I’m still thrilled at how easy it’s been.

I’ve kept current with the latest release of OpenCore before doing the updates.

Like you, I had recently switched from Clover to OpenCore. I was using a standard OC EFI, with no tweaks or customizations.

Make a bootable backup of your working drive before doing the update, and you have a little to lose.

Wow, that's as easy as that! Ok let me test :)

thank you!

Works like a charm, thanks!

Hello Universal Audio users!

I'm having an issue where some of my Plug-Ins are auto disabling, does anyone know the fix for this?

I had this exact same issue in Windows, and with the same Plug-Ins, those that seem to be really DSP intensive, such as Capitol Chambers, Ocean Way Studios, etc. The fix was really simple (once you figured it out), and it had to do with Power Option settings. The info was on UA's site, "4. Configure Windows power options", at this UA link:

How to fix Plug-Ins Disabling

I tried to find similar settings in Big Sur, but nothing I tried had any effect.

- I'm on a Z390 Designare
- My TB3 chip has been flashed
- CPU is an i9-9900K
- UAD hardware:
- apollo twin x, (2) UAD-2 Satellite OCTO
(UAD hardware daisy chained from one TB3 port.)

Just to be clear, I don't have these issues (anymore) in Windows, after I made the power option changes.

I don't believe I have any additional TB3 / UAD related KEXT or other configuration / changed files installed.

I AM on the latest, just released UAD software: Software 9.14.6 (for Big Sur), plus the updated May 24th v1.1.8 (Supplemental Build 2079) of LUNA

If there is any other info I can provide, just let me know.

I've been battling this since I got my Hack up and running, and now am officially throwing my hands up.

Thank you!

Last edited:
In other news...

What happened with HackinDROM?

I started up, and I saw HacinDROM auto-updated. Then it disappead from my Menu Bar. I tried to relaunch from Applications; nothing. Restarted, and all the same. It won't run now.

Anyone else having this issue?

UPDATE: Re-downloaded and replaced... still doesn't work.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello Universal Audio users!

I'm having an issue where some of my Plug-Ins are auto disabling, does anyone know the fix for this?

I had this exact same issue in Windows, and with the same Plug-Ins, those that seem to be really DSP intensive, such as Capitol Chambers, Ocean Way Studios, etc. The fix was really simple (once you figured it out), and it had to do with Power Option settings. The info was on UA's site, "4. Configure Windows power options", at this UA link:

How to fix Plug-Ins Disabling

I tried to find similar settings in Big Sur, but nothing I tried had any effect.

- I'm on a Z390 Designare
- My TB3 chip has been flashed
- CPU is an i9-9900K
- UAD hardware:
- apollo twin x, (2) UAD-2 Satellite OCTO
(UAD hardware daisy chained from one TB3 port.)

Just to be clear, I don't have these issues (anymore) in Windows, after I made the power option changes.

I don't believe I have any additional TB3 / UAD related KEXT or other configuration / changed files installed.

I AM on the latest, just released UAD software: Software 9.14.6 (for Big Sur), plus the updated May 24th v1.1.8 (Supplemental Build 2079) of LUNA

If there is any other info I can provide, just let me know.

I've been battling this since I got my Hack up and running, and now am officially throwing my hands up.

Thank you!

Did you do the UAD firmware update from 9141? Or did you jump from an earlier version to v9145?

Attachments

• Open UAD Meter and Control Panel.png
    Open UAD Meter and Control Panel.png
    204.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Did you do the UAD firmware update from 9141? Or did you jump from an earlier version to v9145?
Thanks for your reply.

I bought my Apollo only a few months ago, and I made sure it was updated. There was a new one that came out recently, and then I rolled to that one.

I believe I read all the docs/info before updating. What I do remember is that everything was ideal circumstances, and I followed the correct update path. Looks like I began with v9.13.0 back in October 2020. I'm an update nut, so I always like to keep everything updated ASAP.

Again, all works perfectly in Windows.

Thanks.

Hello @CaseySJ,

I am just tried to update my Hackintosh to Big Sur 11.3.1 and OC 0.6.9 However, I got trouble with OS boot. I did my homework for 2 days without coming up with a proper solution.

CPU 8700
GPU Vega 56
Main: Z390 Designare
SSD
- NVMe Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB (Mac OS)
- SATA WD Blue 500GB (Bootable Backup by CCC - MacOS 10.15.6)
- PCI-e SSD VK001920KWDUH 1.92TB (Main Storage)
- SATA Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB
Monitor: LG Ultrafine 5K
Bios version F9i (CFG-Lock is disable)

My problem:
1/ Boot randomly success to OS. Most of time stuck at 1% of Apple Logo. If I am lucky, I could enter OS after 3 time boot.
2/ About -verbose (sorry for such bad image quality, it showed in just slip seconds so I have to record with slow-motion and recapture):
---- Sometime system shows as image 1.
AppleNVMe Assert failed=0

---- Sometime system shows as image 2.
IOPlatformPanicAction -> IONVMe Controller
IOPlatformPanicAction -> AppleSMC

3/ result after Apple logo is system auto restart again to Gigabyte logo -> GUI

What I tried:
- Flashed BIOS from fw8 to fw F9i
- Set Bios as guide on page 1 for F8 and Newer
- In config.plist -> UEFI -> Quirks -> ReleaseUSBOwnership -> Enable

Attachment:
- current config.plist (removed PlatformInfo)
- snapshot of EFI folder

==" Please help me out, I cannot find a clue for this random issues.

Attachments

• Image 1.png
    Image 1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
  • config.plist
    24.2 KB · Views: 56
  • snap of EFI.png
    snap of EFI.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 64