- Nov 11, 2018
- Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
- RX 6800 XT
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Thank you so much!
- What is the make/model of the SATA hard drive? Is it spinning hard drive or solid state (SSD)?
SAMSUNG SSD 870 QVO 1TB
- How many of them are there?
I have only 1 of them for SYSTEm but also have a PEGASUS R6 RAID that also runs slowly than expected.
- Are they connected together in RAID or operating individually?
The system drive is alone, the RAID runs via Thunderbolt 3
- When you run Disk Speed Test, what Read/Write speeds do you get on each one?
Pictures attached. SSD maximum of 70Mbs Write, RAID 800Mbs
- Are they formatted as APFS or HFS+ or something else?
The system drive is APFS, RAID is HFS
- How much free space is left on each disk?
The SSD system drive has 800GB free and the RAID has 2TB free.
- Have you used Activity Monitor to monitor both Bytes Written and Bytes Read?
Not really, I will monitor this.
- Screenshot #1 shows 894 MB/s Write and 675 MB/s Read.
- Pegasus RAID array
- Format: HFS+
- 2TB free
- Speeds here are okay
- Screenshot #2 shows 72 MB/s Write and 428.5 MB/s Read.
- 1TB Samsung 870 QVO
- Format: APFS
- 800GB free
- Write speed is unusually slow