3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes .. @CaseySJ GREAT !!!!

Thanks, it works.
Good job!

My only problem found now was in the startup of BIOS, which does not include the mouse and keyboard, I use a mouse and keyboard (Apple BT) .. any information to make it work?
Unfortunately we're not aware of any solution for this (yet) with the Intel Bluetooth module. But if you connect Apple Mouse and Keyboard via USB cable, then they should work.

I use Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, which work in BIOS and OpenCanopy with no issues.

Motherboard
Gygabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i9 10900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did they mention what kinds of changes would be needed?
Nope. They said it doesn’t matter if the firmware is flashed or not, and they said they need to remote control the computer. Honestly, for a price of a base Mac mini I don’t think it’s a fair trade.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Nope. They said it doesn’t matter if the firmware is flashed or not, and they said they need to remote control the computer. Honestly, for a price of a base Mac mini I don’t think it’s a fair trade.
This is not uncommon. It reminds me of Adobe. What they may be intending to do is to go into Security & Privacy Settings, L/Launch Agents, Launch Daemons, and L/Application Support to verify that all the right things and settings are what they should be for the Antelope stuff. If they're not providing a firmware or software update (which wouldn't require remote session control) -or perhaps running a special script, I'd be surprised if they could do anything beyond what you could do following the exact instructions for installing and running their drivers and software.

It is a very unfortunate and maddening situation. I know that you all have been dealing with Antelope for quite a while now without a lot of cooperation. Personally, if I my Thunderbolt 2 UAD Apollo 8 didn't work with my hack, I'd sell the Apollo, because replacing it with an SSL or RME or whatever would be cheaper than buying a $5K MacPro. -Even if I just ran my Digi 003R in Mojave via Firewire 400, it's only 4ms "slower" than a Thunderbolt interface.

I have no loyalty to companies whose service commitment vanishes the moment a return-period expires.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 2.13.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 2.13.38 PM.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 20

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi @CaseySJ

Yes that is turned off.
  • When the system wakes up automatically, does it go back to sleep within 30 to 60 seconds?
  • If so, is that acceptable?
  • If not acceptable, then one has to go through this procedure:
  • The suggestions here are straightforward.
  • Also have a look at the first bullet under Suggestions Contributed by Users.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
** Calling all Owners of Good Quality Hackintosh Builds **
We would like to add your OpenCore EFI folders to the HackinDROM database!​

Do you have a well configured Hackintosh based on a motherboard that is not listed below?
  • ASRock X570 Taichi
  • Asus X99 Deluxe II
  • Gigabyte B550 Vision D
  • Gigabyte Z390 Designare
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
  • Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
  • HP Elitebook 850 G7
If so, we would like to add it to the database:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  • When the system wakes up automatically, does it go back to sleep within 30 to 60 seconds?
  • If so, is that acceptable?
  • If not acceptable, then one has to go through this procedure:
  • The suggestions here are straightforward.
  • Also have a look at the first bullet under Suggestions Contributed by Users.
It does go to sleep but only if Intel Power Gadget is not opened before it tries to sleep.

I honestly wouldn't mind if it wakes up then goes back to sleep but looks like its preventing that. Anyway around it besides remembering to quit the app? :lolno:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 4.07.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 4.07.56 PM.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 4.08.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 4.08.45 PM.png
    89.9 KB · Views: 17
Motherboard
z390 Designaire
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
AMD Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Classic
  4. Lisa
  5. Plus
  6. Portable
  7. Power Mac
  8. PowerBook
  9. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It does go to sleep but only if Intel Power Gadget is not opened before it tries to sleep.

I honestly wouldn't mind if it wakes up then goes back to sleep but looks like its preventing that. Anyway around it besides remembering to quit the app? :lolno:
IPG prevents sleep while it is running. Should auto sleep after quit. UserEventAgent can be killed in the terminal, which will usually restore auto sleep function.
Code:
ps -ef | grep UserEventAgent | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'| sudo xargs kill -9

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
IPG prevents sleep while it is running. Should auto sleep after quit. UserEventAgent can be killed in the terminal, which will usually restore auto sleep function.
Code:
ps -ef | grep UserEventAgent | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'| sudo xargs kill -9
Sweet! ok so just to clarify for myself...

Do I need to quit IPG every time I want to put it to sleep or will the code you posted be a full fix needing to only be run once and from there on I can keep IPG running every time in the background before sleep?

Also incase it has negative effects, what is the code to reverse what the line of code does that you posted?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i5-9600k
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear @CaseySJ, today I was trying to overclock my i5-9600K. When I restarted, macOS didn’t start. Then I restarted it again and the BIOS got stuck. So I decided to make it another day. I put back the BIOS as before. But, when I restarted macOS, some software didn’t work anymore, properly, such Cubase; it was not running some VST and then crashed multiple times. Any thought. Thanks.

Last edited: