i7 8086K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Another strange quirk from this update - the OC picker is now loading on every boot despite ShowPicker=False. Here's my boot section of config.plist:

Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 15.00.29.png

When it loads its also displaying an EFI partition alongside my Mac and Windows disks. I'm sure it didn't do that previously. Any reason OC would be 'forcing' the picker? (If I leave it to time out it seems to load Mac OS as normal).

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.8.0
CPU
i5-10600k
Graphics
Dell RX560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Any reason OC would be 'forcing' the picker? (If I leave it to time out it seems to load Mac OS as normal).

Hi there.

Usually this is caused when you update OpenCore but forget the OCBinaryData package which gets updated with every release. :thumbup:

Motherboard
GIGABYTE DESIGNARE Z390
CPU
i7 8086K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there.

Usually this is caused when you update OpenCore but forget the OCBinaryData package which gets updated with every release. :thumbup:
Hi, thanks for swift reply! I thought you were right as I had initially overlooked that... but alas the issue still persists. I've reset NVRAM too in case that could help. As far as updating the binaries - I replaced my whole 'Resources' folder and also the Hfsplus.efi driver. Still no dice :( Anything else you can think I might have missed? Thanks again

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, thanks for swift reply! I thought you were right as I had initially overlooked that... but alas the issue still persists. I've reset NVRAM too in case that could help. As far as updating the binaries - I replaced my whole 'Resources' folder and also the Hfsplus.efi driver. Still no dice :( Anything else you can think I might have missed? Thanks again
If there are multiple EFI partitions, the system may be booting from the wrong one. Good to check BIOS —> BOOT and/or press F12 at boot splash screen.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE DESIGNARE Z390
CPU
i7 8086K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If there are multiple EFI partitions, the system may be booting from the wrong one. Good to check BIOS —> BOOT and/or press F12 at boot splash screen.
Hi Casey, yes that's definitely the case, I was just experimenting along those lines as you replied.

I'm a bit bamboozled however (as usual). My boot options from BIOS show a couple of UEFI partitions, my Windows Boot Manager and one called 'OpenCore'. I was under the impression that we just used the one called 'OpenCore' now as of a few versions ago but booting with my Mac HD UEFI seems to have loaded up on 0.6.9 with no issues.

What am I missing here... what's the difference between booting from UEFI and booting 'OpenCore'?

Thanks again :)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE DESIGNARE Z390
CPU
i7 8086K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Casey, yes that's definitely the case, I was just experimenting along those lines as you replied.

I'm a bit bamboozled however (as usual). My boot options from BIOS show a couple of UEFI partitions, my Windows Boot Manager and one called 'OpenCore'. I was under the impression that we just used the one called 'OpenCore' now as of a few versions ago but booting with my Mac HD UEFI seems to have loaded up on 0.6.9 with no issues.

What am I missing here... what's the difference between booting from UEFI and booting 'OpenCore'?

Thanks again :)
So booting using the UEFI one once, and now booting using the OpenCore one seems to have fixed the issue.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX-580
Somewhere along the road from Clover to OC my Z170X-UD5 TH lost the Thunderbolt.. it works in Windows, shows up in the BIOS but not in macOS. Does anyone with this MB have a ACPI SSDt to enable TB? Don't care about bus, etc., just want to be able to use it from cold boot for disks and audio devices. TIA

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690 Creator WiF
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Ah, the ever trusty NVM 33 from Designare Z390!
I'm using the AORUS Extreme version of that firmware and getting great results. When I tried the Designare version (originally) I had several issues with 1 port not working. Is there a difference? Maybe my config is more stable now with OC and that is the difference, not sure. I was making a lot of changes back then so it's really hard to know for sure.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ , I only have Titan Ridge 1.0 on Aorus Master. The Designware don't have this card, and I'm using the Thunderbolt on board.

Just flashed the stock firmware of Titan Ridge to NVM 50. Will this be any different?
Please try the attached OC.zip for the Z390 AORUS Master.
  • Copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo before use.
Changes made:
  • Replaced OpenHfsPlus.efi with HfsPlus.efi. At this time we should not use OpenHfsPlus.efi.
  • Disabled SIP by setting it to FF0F0000. You may change this back to 00000000 if the system is stable.
Question:
  • Why does OC folder contain the file BOOTx64.efi? This file should be in EFI/BOOT folder.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 56
Motherboard
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Hi Casey, need you help sir. I tried to update to 0.6.9 OpenCore (used your broadcom EFI folder) but boot is stuck at Apple logo. However OpenCore 0.6.8 can boot without any issues. I have attached both my EFIs, can you please take a look and let me know what I did wrong? Your help would be much appreciated

Intel i9-9900K
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
XFX RX590
Fenvi T919 WiFi
ASUS XG-C100C 10G

Attachments

• April EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 43
  • May EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 48