Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Testing Titan-Ridge card:
Devices to try: LG5k2 OWCTH4HUB ORICONvME SONNET10Gbe eGPU

Card 1 Titan-Ridge V2: Original NVM50 ------Detected & funcional OWCTH4HUB
Card 2 Titan-Ridge V2: Mod NVM50 ----------Not working OWCTH4HUB

Similar speed (20x2)View attachment 517073
To All:

If you try the pathcr experiment (and we hope you will), please state your test conditions and results very clearly...
  • If you post a result after making the change, please label it as such.
  • If you post a result before making the change, please label it as such.
  • Both of the results should be posted (before the change and after the change).
  • Also describe any operational differences, if any. Does a feature of the device suddenly work after the change? Or does it stop working after the change?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When the process gets stuck at the Apple logo and you do a hard reboot, do you still see "Macintosh HD" as a boot option in OpenCore Picker? If so, select it and see if it goes through.
No, it doesnt go through.

I decided to do a fresh Catalina install, but I am stuck here as well. After creating the USB install stick and copying my working EFI (Updated with Hackindrom app from 0.6.0 to 0.6.8) to it, I get only "EFI-SAM-80M" and the actual SSD named "Catalina" as an option in the OC Picker when choosing to boot from the USB Stick. There should be an "Install BIG Sur" or similar though. Choosing the "EFI-SAM-80M" doesn't do anything.

Running out of ideas, ATM.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No, it doesnt go through.

I decided to do a fresh Catalina install, but I am stuck here as well. After creating the USB install stick and copying my working EFI (Updated with Hackindrom app from 0.6.0 to 0.6.8) to it, I get only "EFI-SAM-80M" and the actual SSD named "Catalina" as an option in the OC Picker when choosing to boot from the USB Stick. There should be an "Install BIG Sur" or similar though. Choosing the "EFI-SAM-80M" doesn't do anything.

Running out of ideas, ATM.
How did you create the USB install disk? Did you use GibMacOS to download the Catalina installer and run createinstallmedia in Terminal:

Motherboard
ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
To All:

If you try the pathcr experiment (and we hope you will), please state your test conditions and results very clearly...
  • If you post a result after making the change, please label it as such.
  • If you post a result before making the change, please label it as such.
  • Both of the results should be posted (before the change and after the change).
  • Also describe any operational differences, if any. Does a feature of the device suddenly work after the change? Or does it stop working after the change?
Add-in card: ASUS Thunderbolt EX4 (original firmware), internal USB 2 cable and 6 pin power cable connected. Thunderbolt header not jumped or connected since motherboard has a 5 pin while EX4 has a 14 pin.
TB3 device: Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 M.2 Enclosure (x2 speed)

Didn't screenshot Thunderbolt/USB4 pane since the card has original firmware

Before pathcr:
Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 3.32.52 PM.png

After pathcr (no change):
Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 3.32.52 PM.png

Only have one Thunderbolt device to test, ATM, but adding pathcr doesn't appear to have any effects.

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Add-in card: ASUS Thunderbolt EX4 (original firmware), internal usb 2 cable and 6 pin power cable connected. Thunderbolt header not jumped or connected since motherboard has a 5 pin while EX4 has a 14 pin.
TB3 device: Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 M.2 Enclosure (x2 speed)

Didn't screenshot Thunderbolt/USB4 pane since the card has original firmware

Before pathcr:

After pathcr (no change):

Only have one thunderbolt device to test atm but adding pathcr doesn't appear to have any effects.
Thanks!

I'll avoid drawing any preliminary conclusions until more results come in.

Motherboard
ASUS Pro WS X299 Sage II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
W5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks!

I'll avoid drawing any preliminary conclusions until more results come in.

I don't believe there is anyone else besides @NorthAmTransAm that has the new ThunderboltEX 4 card? I could be possible the effects may be different for the Thunderbolt 3 cards.

Everything seems to be working aside Thunderbolt cold/warm boot. Hot-plug works with the Maximus XIII HERO SSDT

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z390 x3
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Vega64
Mac
  1. iMac
@SmackAttack
Hello
I had the same issue as you, and @CaseySJ told me to replace SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4 with SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-EGPU-NO-HOTPLUG.aml, that also worked fine.
By the way do you use DaVinci Resolve Studio? With the two recognized cards do you find a performance gain?
Wow, I'm SO sorry I didn't see this! I got swamped with work and didn't get a notification.
Yes, I use Resolve Studio (and other things). The system with an eGPU added is MUCH faster but that's based on the Resolve Standard Candle Test... it's actually the fastest 9900k on the list. The only machines faster are x-series variants and MacPros. I HAVE NOT flashed the MB to enable TB, so mac doesn't use the eGPU, but Resolve does!

I found your question because in my down-time today I embarked on switching over from Clover to OC 068. I'm back to the eGPU not working in Resolve, so I'm trying to figure out why. I DO NOT have the TB3HP-V4.aml enabled (just like in Clover). Maybe I'll try that 'NO-HOTPLUG' thing in OC, but I'm trying to understand what the TB3-HackinDROM.aml does... that's where I'm at now.

J

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690 Creator WiF
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Hello @gandem,

Is your external NVMe plugged into a Thunderbolt NVMe enclosure or a Thunderbolt expansion chassis that has an on-board NVMe M.2 slot?
I’m using an NVMe enclosure (OWC Envoy Express). Instructions seem clear, I’m out and about, ATM, but I will try this evening.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
This will sound frustrating, but I strong recommend it:
  • First, double check that the entire EFI folder is copied to the EFI partition on the external SATA SSD.
  • Shutdown the system, flip power switch on PSU to OFF.
  • Physically remove the internal macOS NVMe SSD.
  • Connect only the SATA SSD with Mojave 14.4.
  • Power up the system.
  • Press F12at Gigabyte splash screen to open the BIOS Boot Menu and select the SATA SSD.
    • If the SATA SSD does not appear in the BIOS Boot Menu, it means there is no valid EFI folder in EFI partition.
  • Now Clover Boot Menu will appear.
  • Boot Mojave.
  • Begin the Mojave upgrade from System Preferences --> Software Update.
  • Each time the system reboots, press F12 at Gigabyte splash screen and choose the SATA SSD.
To understand it correctly, each time I will update my OSX, I must remove the NVMe SSD or just if I want to upgrade a cloned SSD? Thanks again.