1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My machine has lost its ability to restart and shutdown. I have no idea when this started. I'm on Opencore 0.6.8. Everything else works. In Windows 10 shutdown and restart works. I've installed Big Sur clean on another drive and re-built OpenCore on a USB flash drive and still it just hangs. It shuts down MacOS but the light on the machine never goes out and screen goes black and the PC never reboots. This build has been rock solid until now. I'm on BIOS F9i

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Well Clover seems to be calling me all kinds of things!

Ok, I'm going to try your OpenCore guide(s) now.

Thank you @CaseySJ !
So... SUCCESS... (almost). :|

I have OpenCore 0.6.7 booting on my flash drive. I see my Windows drive, and that works now!!! Very awesome. But my Mojave drive? No bueno Senior. I have the white circle with slash through it. I've tried a few times, and no good.

Any suggestions? I'm SO close!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
For temporary uses we can simply do this:
  • Log out of iCloud first. This will prevent name-confusion.
  • Just change the product name to iMac19,1.
  • No need to change anything else.
  • Reboot.
So I tried almost all shikigva combinations with iMac19,1 (no iGPU in my I9-9900KF) on macOS Big Sur
Screen mirroring to my Apple TV 4K was possible with shikigva 16, 80 and 128
unfortunately it was impossible to have DRM support for Apple TV, iTunes Movie, Safari
It was possible with Google Chrome
Switched back to iMacPro1,1 for DRM support but no screen mirroring :(

everything is fine on Catalina

Motherboard
GA-Z390-Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
So... SUCCESS... (almost). :|

I have OpenCore 0.6.7 booting on my flash drive. I see my Windows drive, and that works now!!! Very awesome. But my Mojave drive? No bueno Senior. I have the white circle with slash through it. I've tried a few times, and no good.

Any suggestions? I'm SO close!
I assume you mean you get the prohibited symbol after you choose your Mojave drive from the boot picker and the boot tries to commence.

did CFG lock revert to enabled? that is one cause of the prohibited symbol when trying to boot into OS X. if CFG lock is disabled and still the same symptom, add -v to your boot arguments and see where the boot is stalling.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Aorus RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, is it possible to activate WOL? I checked the WOL option in BIOS but it’s not working (but works from sleep). Also power nap and net access are on within macOS settings.
No darkwake flag.

I’d also like to reboot in Windows disk if needed, which is in the Clover boot options but I cannot access remotely of course
@CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I assume you mean you get the prohibited symbol after you choose your Mojave drive from the boot picker and the boot tries to commence.

did CFG lock revert to enabled? that is one cause of the prohibited symbol when trying to boot into OS X. if CFG lock is disabled and still the same symptom, add -v to your boot arguments and see where the boot is stalling.
Thank you for your reply.

Correct, prohibited symbol. I checked, and CFG lock is still Disabled in BIOS.

I'm new to OpenCore and know nothing of it; how/where do I access the boot arguments to add -v?

My thought is that by following the OpenCore guide, the process assumes NVMe drive in M2M. But mine is on an AIB in slot PCIEX4. Could that be the issue? If so, again, I'm not yet familiar enough to know where to make such a change. I suppose I would first need to use IOregistryExplorer to determine the path to that NVMe?

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you for your reply.

Correct, prohibited symbol. I checked, and CFG lock is still Disabled in BIOS.

I'm new to OpenCore and know nothing of it; how/where do I access the boot arguments to add -v?

My thought is that by following the OpenCore guide, the process assumes NVMe drive in M2M. But mine is on an AIB in slot PCIEX4. Could that be the issue? If so, again, I'm not yet familiar enough to know where to make such a change. I suppose I would first need to use IOregistryExplorer to determine the path to that NVMe?
To enable Verbose, simply press and release CMD-V at the OpenCore Picker before selecting the boot drive.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
To enable Verbose, simply press and release CMD-V at the OpenCore Picker before selecting the boot drive.
Hmmm. command + v does nothing. I can move the selector back and forth, press space bar and I get the other selections, but placing the selector (I guess "picker") on my Mojave drive, and pressing command + v does nothing. I even have an actual Apple keyboard, and doesn't work with it either. I also tried with the Ctrl, Alt, and of course Windows key. All do not respond to that sequence of keys... for me.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hmmm. command + v does nothing. I can move the selector back and forth, press space bar and I get the other selections, but placing the selector (I guess "picker") on my Mojave drive, and pressing command + v does nothing. I even have an actual Apple keyboard, and doesn't work with it either. I also tried with the Ctrl, Alt, and of course Windows key. All do not respond to that sequence of keys... for me.
I have a theory as to what may be the problem...

In the "Mini-Guide: Using HackinDROM to Transfer OpenCore PlatformInfo", step 3., "Click the Browse... button and select the existing OpenCore config.plist...", this assumes your are already on OpenCore, which I am not.

Then referring back to the guide, "* * OpenCore 0.6.7 EFI for Z390 Designare * *", step 5., "Use HackinDROM to transfer PlatformInfo from existing OpenCore config.plist to new version.", again, assuming already on OpenCore, and am not.

Finally, returning to the guide, "** Mini-Guide: How to Replace Clover with OpenCore **", under Procedure, it says, "Then we will transfer our exiting... from Clover to OpenCore".

It seems missing is the actual steps to access the config.plist from Clover.

I think this is what also happened to Pisomojado here:

I got the Ghostbuster sign after the picker menu.