Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Ok so looks like after I unchecked and re-checked that box it no longer looses it’s actual time.

The only 2 issues left is that it sometimes will not enable my USB keyboard and mouse for roughly 2min after a wake.

The other weird thing is that both my i211 & i219 Ethernet ports have been bouncing randomly. It even happens in Windows so I’m wondering if you have ever had this issue or heard of it as I don’t think I can still return the mobo because it’s been over 1+ year since I first bought it.
I would suggest a good detox therapy for the board…i.e. re-flash the BIOS (F9i) and configure all BIOS parameters again including BOOT —> CFG-Lock —> Disabled.

Then let’s see if things improve.

My system is running very smoothly on the same OC 0.6.8 and 11.4 Beta 1. If you have a Thunderbolt add-in-card with a flashed controller, the system may crash.
It runs very smoothly indeed, but then these random freezes occur, sometimes after minutes, sometimes after an hour or more. Temps are good. I'm not using a flashed Thunderbolt controller. The only hardware change is that there's a 6900 XT in the machine, and I'm using iMac19,1. There's nothing interesting in the system logs that could relate to it. It happens even eith all USB devices and Thunderbolt devices unplugged, so I can rule out any incompatibilities there. Any other ways to troubleshoot freezes you would suggest?

Last edited:
It runs very smoothly indeed, but then these random freezes occur, sometimes after minutes, sometimes after an hour or more. Temps are good. I'm not using a flashed Thunderbolt controller. The only hardware change is that there's a 6900 XT in the machine, and I'm using iMac19,1. There's nothing interesting in the system logs that could relate to it. Any other ways to troubleshoot freezes you would suggest?
Have you tried to install the latest BIOS? According to Gigabyte there's a new F13h firmware available and it fixes USB 2.0 device stability and compatibility as well as improve L3 cache on Ryzen 5000 series.

Last edited:
Hello, may I ask if I
IMG_0943.JPG
upgrade to 11.3 every time I turn it on for about 3 minutes, it will freeze

It runs very smoothly indeed, but then these random freezes occur, sometimes after minutes, sometimes after an hour or more. Temps are good. I'm not using a flashed Thunderbolt controller. The only hardware change is that there's a 6900 XT in the machine, and I'm using iMac19,1. There's nothing interesting in the system logs that could relate to it. It happens even eith all USB devices and Thunderbolt devices unplugged, so I can rule out any incompatibilities there. Any other ways to troubleshoot freezes you would suggest?
In cases like these I always recommend installing fresh temporary copy of macOS on an external SATA SSD mounted to a USB 3 enclosure. Without installing any third-party apps except for simple tools and utilities, check if the system is stable. If a clean install is stable, we can then install our applications one by one until the problem resurfaces. If the problem never resurfaces we can then copy all data files across to the new install until it becomes a fully configured system. Once this system has been thoroughly tested and verified, it can be cloned to the internal NVMe SSD, thereby replacing the old unstable system with a new stable system.

Back