CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yes, system audio was spotty, and only worked at low sample rates. Daisy chaining was also spotty and while hot plug seemed to work in terms of connecting the interface to the comp, audio wouldn’t work properly. On the fly sample rate changing worked but resulted in massive audio distortion. The only sample rate that did work was 44.1khz, I think because thats sort of the default rate that most things would use anyway. Occasionally channel mapping was screwy and generally unusable. The IO tree before the update had the UAD driver on a completely different section than the TB controller, and the TB controller was not recognized in System Info. It was like the computer could see the device and the driver knew what to do, but they weren’t speaking the same language in terms of syntax, ie bussing.

With the firmware update, all of these aforementioned issues seem to have been solved. Of note, turning on the device on the end of the chain, waiting for it to initialize, and so on down to booting the computer seems to be the way to go, although hot plugging does also seem to be functional once everything has been booted properly once (see note at bottom). The UAD hardware reset was necessary, having the TB cables unplugged while doing it. I did not have to do the whole “unplug all power, disconnect all cables, let it sit for ten minutes” thing described elsewhere, which frankly i think is a load of hooey,lol. Just make sure the TB cables are unplugged when resetting and turn the devices on from last to first, and then the comp PSU (because the TB controller is powered without the comp being booted). I can’t think of anything else, but if anyone has any questions with regard to getting a UAD device working I’d be happy to help!

Note: HotPlugging seems to advance the ch count in Console by 2 every time, ie 1-2 becomes 3-4 and so on with each hotplug reinstatement of the audio session.
Thank you for all of your great input! I'm planning to do the FW update pretty soon.

One issue, and wanted to know if you've observed this issue too, but just didn't mention it; I'm seeing the dreaded "UAD plug-ins have been disabled". This is happening in LUNA. I am sure hoping this firmware update fixes this. I battled this issue like crazy in Windows, and finally got it resolved there. So seeing now on a "Mac" is a bit disconcerting.

Thank you! :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yup! That's the beauty of having USBInjectAll.kext and its companion USB SSDT. We can then play with port settings using just boot arguments.
It worked beautifully! I'm so excited that sleep is now working!! Thank you again @CaseySJ for all your hard work putting this guide together and all the help you provide, you my friend are a rock star!

I only have one other question. I allowed the hackintosh to sleep for roughly 15min and it worked great, they only thing I noticed was that when I wake it up from sleep the time is off...by exactly 15 min lol is this a thing? Anything we can do to fix it?

Thanks!

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus Z690 ProArt Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It worked beautifully! I'm so excited that sleep is now working!! ...
Glad to hear it!

I only have one other question. I allowed the hackintosh to sleep for roughly 15min and it worked great, they only thing I noticed was that when I wake it up from sleep the time is off...by exactly 15 min lol is this a thing? Anything we can do to fix it?
This is quite odd; it's not something I've come across. If you click the time on menu bar does it correct itself? Is the date/time preference pane set as follows?
Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 4.45.47 PM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Glad to hear it!

This is quite odd; it's not something I've come across. If you click the time on menu bar does it correct itself? Is the date/time preference pane set as follows?
View attachment 516234
I didn't think about that, will let it sleep now for a bit and get back to you. Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@BOTMT,

Because Clover is installed on the M.2 drive in PCIEX4, have you gone into BIOS Setup --> BOOT section and changed 1st Boot Priority to the Clover disk?

Clover should be able to detect Windows and present you with the option to boot either OS.
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

I tried that before by clicking on the drives with the names of the OS drives, and all I got was a black screen with a blinking white cursor.

Then I tried the EFI for each of those two drives, same thing.

Then at your suggestion, I started looking at other drives (I have a lot of them)...

20210424_163154.jpg

And I found this one, Boot Microsoft EFI Boot from EFI...

20210424_164412.jpg

Now that one did allow me to boot the Metro menu, which is what I usually see...

20210424_165107.jpg

I was able to boot into each of them... but not without new issues.

For one, upon clicking restart, I get this...

20210424_163834.jpg

I get that from either of the two, and I tried a couple of times. I'm running on the default Clover version (4xxx something), that comes with the installation packages suggested when you follow the guides.

And one final strange thing, and I noticed this yesterday too, I can disable every boot selection, reboot, and Metro Windows Bootloader still comes up and I can get in just fine.

210424171051.jpg

I'm booted in now to Windows 10 after making the above screen shot. If I restart now, I do NOT get the BSODs.

Very strange indeed. I'm on BIOS F9j still, for the moment. I will likely soon switch to the custom one you have posted; it's "on the list".

Thanks again @CaseySJ for your Excellent work, and even more Excellent help! Better service and support than any multi-million dollar tech company!

I just had a thought... It might have something to do with the way I copied the EFI partition from one drive to another. Are there some steps I could follow to re-install Clover directly to the current M.2 SSD, and maybe it would straighten things out?

Oh crap! And I just noticed CFG Lock is Enabled again... not use to messing with that one. I'll go in and disable it now.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
VEGA 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My machine has lost its ability to restart and shutdown. I have no idea when this started. I'm on Opencore 0.6.8. Everything else works. In Windows 10 shutdown and restart works. I've installed Big Sur clean on another drive and re-built OpenCore on a USB flash drive and still it just hangs. It shuts down MacOS but the light on the machine never goes out and screen goes black and the PC never reboots. This build has been rock solid until now. I'm on BIOS F9i

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Well Clover seems to be calling me all kinds of things!

Ok, I'm going to try your OpenCore guide(s) now.

Thank you @CaseySJ !
So... SUCCESS... (almost). :|

I have OpenCore 0.6.7 booting on my flash drive. I see my Windows drive, and that works now!!! Very awesome. But my Mojave drive? No bueno Senior. I have the white circle with slash through it. I've tried a few times, and no good.

Any suggestions? I'm SO close!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
For temporary uses we can simply do this:
  • Log out of iCloud first. This will prevent name-confusion.
  • Just change the product name to iMac19,1.
  • No need to change anything else.
  • Reboot.
So I tried almost all shikigva combinations with iMac19,1 (no iGPU in my I9-9900KF) on macOS Big Sur
Screen mirroring to my Apple TV 4K was possible with shikigva 16, 80 and 128
unfortunately it was impossible to have DRM support for Apple TV, iTunes Movie, Safari
It was possible with Google Chrome
Switched back to iMacPro1,1 for DRM support but no screen mirroring :(

everything is fine on Catalina