Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Just updated to BIOS F9i-Elias64Fr :) Some observations:
  • The update process went through quite quickly.
  • No problems encountered.
  • If the monitor supports HDR mode (High Dynamic Range), macOS will enable HDR mode again by default, so it's necessary to open System Preferences --> Displays and uncheck HDR.
Casey, I guess this is with integrated graphics or also valid with a DGPU?

I've installed Big Sur with OpenCore, but Thunderbolt 3 has never been driven. I use LG 34wk95u 5K*2K monitor, but now I can only connect it with DP cable, and the separation rate is only 3840x1620 and cannot be connected through the Thunderbolt 3 interface. How can I fix this problem now? Thank you very much.
CleanShot 2021-04-04 at 14.50.12@2x.png
CleanShot 2021-04-04 at 14.51.33@2x.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey all,

I just did a fresh install of Mojave with this guide. I have a Gigabyte Designare Z390, Radeon VII, i9 and a Fractal R6 case.

I had great luck getting my computer to build Mojave until I did the Post Installation Files. Now when booting I get EndRandom Seed.

I'm using BIOS Firmware Version 9J

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Do I need to start over?

tempImagemX9VKj.jpg

Hey all,

I just did a fresh install of Mojave with this guide. I have a Gigabyte Designare Z390, Radeon VII, i9 and a Fractal R6 case.

I had great luck getting my computer to build Mojave until I did the Post Installation Files. Now when booting I get EndRandom Seed.

I'm using Bios Firmware Version 9J

View attachment 514180

Hi there.

How/where did you build the Mojave installer USB stick? Using UniBeast as per the guide?

Did Mojave successfully install?

Is this problem only since you used MultiBeast to make the drive bootable?

:)

What is how my journey to OpenCore started:

I have Catalina 10.15.7 installed with vanilla Clover setup, so there is nothing in /Library/Extensions and in /System/Library/Extensions

I flashed F9i — it reseted all settings, so i configured BIOS again.
  • Tweaker
    • Advanced CPU Settings → VT-d → Disabled
    • Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) → Profile 1
  • Settings
    • Internal Graphics → Disabled (i have AMD RADEON 7 in Pci-e 1)
    • Above 4G Decoding → Enabled
    • Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration
      • Security Level → No Security
      • Discrete Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration
        • Thunderbolt USB Support → Enabled
        • GPIO3 Force Pwr → Enabled
    • USB Configuration
      • XHCI Handoff → Enabled
  • Boot
    • Windows 8/10 Features → Other OS
    • CSM Support → Disabled
    • CFG-Lock → Disabled
Here i tried to boot in Catalina, just in case. Only windows ssd is bootable right now. Catalina ssd is not. Ok, i expected this, Clover is not ready fo this BIOS version, as i can understand.

I prepared USB flash drive with EFI partition, here it is:

Снимок экрана 2021-04-04 в 12.06.07.jpg

It is CaseySJ template EFI from here , i copied PlatformInfo from Clover by HackinDROM (choosing Z390 Designare OC 067 AMD GPU - CaseySJ)

Pressing F12 on startup — USB stick is bootable, bot OpenCore does not start — it blinks and goes back to the startup screen.

What is the matter?

I RECOPIED EFI folder and it worked — booted in Catalina with no problems

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Casey, I guess this is with integrated graphics or also valid with a DGPU?
Because this is a BIOS upgrade, it is independent of the components installed on the board.

Hey all,

I'm using Bios Firmware Version 9J

View attachment 514180
This most likely indicates a problem with the EFI memory driver. Please post the EFI folder or a screenshot of the Clover folder with “drivers” and “drivers64UEFI” folders fully open.

Need Help With This error sharing the screen shot for the same. Please help
That is actually not an error, but the right setting for headless Coffee Lake iGPU platform ID.

Because this is a BIOS upgrade, it is independent of the components installed on the board.
BIOS update done. Nothing to report... Loaded my backup settings and verified the MCU.

Code:
printf '0x%x\n' `sysctl -a | grep microcode | awk '{print $2}'`

Result: 0xDE

Back