Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I fixed the igfxfw. Would you be able to assist?
Unfortunately Im not able, this is the first time im seeing an issue like this.

Have you tried an older version of OpenCore?
Have you tried on another version of macOS?

Hi CaseySJ, Thank you for your follow-up. Unfortunately, after flashing MOD2, it appears the same result as MOD1. I was wondering if we could go back to SSDT(TbtOnPCH).

I don't know if it is related to CH341A, my CH341A often fails to flash firmware, I have ordered Raspberry Pi 4, I hope to see the effect.
The modified Alpine Ridge firmware is failing for both you and @passmore. I think it's best to revert back to the SSDT, which is not a bad option because flashed firmware does not behave better than the SSDT method (for Alpine Ridge controllers).

Last edited:
Hey @CaseySJ

I'm using the same motherboard as @gabevf what is the difference in the SSDT you shared and why the renames need to be turned off ?

Genuinely curious to know if this could improve TB stability on this motherboard.

Thank you for your hard work.
@gabevf wants to disable Thunderbolt Bus and go back to the standard Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT. So we disable the two ACPI renames and the TbtOnPCH SSDT, and replace all of that with the much simpler hot-plug-only SSDT.

@gabevf wants to disable Thunderbolt Bus and go back to the standard Thunderbolt hot plug SSDT. So we disable the two ACPI renames and the TbtOnPCH SSDT, and replace all of that with the much simpler hot-plug-only SSDT.
Thanks for helping out @CaseySJ
Unfortunately Hot-Plug doesn't seem to work...
This was the case with the previous SSDT.
Is there any special method for "activating" the TB controller (cold boot, warm boot, window activation, etc) to enable hot-plug?

Thanks for helping out @CaseySJ
Unfortunately Hot-Plug doesn't seem to work...
This was the case with the previous SSDT.
Is there any special method for "activating" the TB controller (cold boot, warm boot, window activation, etc) to enable hot-plug?
Hot plug should work every time regardless of the type of boot. Let's take a look at your IOReg file (IORegistryExplorer --> File --> Save As...) or a screenshot of the Thunderbolt device tree.

Hi @CaseySJ
I have a friend at AA, and I mentioned this thread to him. He is interested to get in touch with you. Can we talk about this?

Last edited:
here you go:
Although PCI-Thunderbolt and PciHotPlugCapable flags are both present, it seems macOS has a problem with properly discovering the two USB-C/TB3 ports.

Please try the attached SSDT instead with a COLD start (power down and flip PSU to off position for 10 seconds, then power back up).

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-Designare-X299-EX.aml
    1.8 KB · Views: 42
Although PCI-Thunderbolt and PciHotPlugCapable flags are both present, it seems macOS has a problem with properly discovering the two USB-C/TB3 ports.

Please try the attached SSDT instead with a COLD start (power down and flip PSU to off position for 10 seconds, then power back up).
Hmmm, still no HP, unfortunately :problem:

Attachments

• gabevf_IOReg_v02.ioreg
    24.2 MB · Views: 36
Back