CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
because that EFI folder is about 60MB!!
WHAT :eek:
okay ill check for 80mb free space before starting Resintall or Update procedure
Also after mounting notify the user about the free space

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Live long and prosper @CaseySJ & @Inqnuam !​

Indeed, LLAP!

With Apple Silicon set to replace x86 over the next 18 months, let’s see where the road takes us. As James T. Kirk said near the end of one of the motion pictures, “There are always possibilities!”
Lamenting the impending death of Hackintosh? Maybe. Maybe not. "There are always possibilities."

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
  6. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@Inqnuam,

The latest version is working quite well. Just tested "Reinstall" on a USB flash disk, but noticed the following:
  • If the EFI partition has enough space, then the procedure works properly.
  • If the EFI partition runs out of space, then the App still reports success, but in fact the procedure fails, as you can see in screenshot below:
View attachment 511609

So we should check for "Out of Space" error during the operation. It would be good to check if the EFI partition has at least two times the disk space needed by the EFI folder before we begin the Install or Reinstall operation.

This is especially important for Intel Wireless version because that EFI folder is about 60MB!! Most EFI partitions are about 200MB.
Is manual resizing of the EFI partition via Disk Utility recommended?

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys!

I finished a Big Sure OC 0.6.6. clean install with OC Designare guide. Everything is well but...I use two monitors and the first monitor resolution is 1080p, is ok but the second monitor is 720p.If I turn off the second monitor and turn on, the macos recognize the better resolution and both monitors works on 1080p. Why is that?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Please test this one
You didn't ask me to test but I did it anyway !!:lol:
Really better and better !! Thank you very much for this very practical utility :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare BIOS F9i
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
  5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@CaseySJ @Marcet
Please test this one

For the "Create EFI" feature :

- If I select an different OpenCore version the buttons are dimmed as if they are disabled, but they're not (just cosmetics, but disturbing). Moreover, there is a lack of contrast between enabled / disabled buttons due to transparency which makes difficult to differentiate them on light background.

- When I click on "Format Disk and Create EFI" it works if I choose OpenCore 0.6.6 (which is actually installed on my system). But, If I choose the latest release, it doesn't work. The result is an empty EFI partition.

"Update to 0.6.7" :

- If I want to update my 0.6.6 newly created USB Key, the Boot Arguments are not right.
"keepsyms=1 dart=0 debug=0x100 agdpmod=pikera alcid=11 shikigva=80 igfxfw=2"

I should have "keepsyms=1 dart=0 debug=0x100 agdpmod=pikera alcid=11 shikigva=128" as I've disabled my internal graphics card. (That's strange because the arguments are good when I click to the computer icon on the main window.

After editing the boot parameters, the update process went fine on the USB key.
I cannot reboot now, but I will test that later.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390-F8i
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
UHD 630 + RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi guys!

I finished a Big Sure OC 0.6.6. clean install with OC Designare guide. Everything is well but...I use two monitors and the first monitor resolution is 1080p, is ok but the second monitor is 720p.If I turn off the second monitor and turn on, the macos recognize the better resolution and both monitors works on 1080p. Why is that?

I use two monitors with my setup, both 2560x1440, connected via Display Port to the RX580, and they both go to native resolution once the system has booted. During the up (up until midway through booting in MacOS), the boot monitor is at 720p or so, then it switches to the proper resolution.

I believe (but haven't bothered to redo the setup to test it, I just had used the HDMI cable initially), that using a HDMI cable to a single monitor (didn't have multiple monitors going initially), it started up and stayed at 2560x1440, both in booting into OC, as well as throughout the MacOS boot process.

If you aren't connected via HDMI, you might consider using that to connect to the monitors.

On an semi-related note, the RX580 card also notices on the fly when I connect/disconnect a 3rd display (a 4k tv via hdmi), just like a Mac should (along with the monitors layouts/resolutions)...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I use two monitors with my setup, both 2560x1440, connected via Display Port to the RX580, and they both go to native resolution once the system has booted. During the up (up until midway through booting in MacOS), the boot monitor is at 720p or so, then it switches to the proper resolution.

I believe (but haven't bothered to redo the setup to test it, I just had used the HDMI cable initially), that using a HDMI cable to a single monitor (didn't have multiple monitors going initially), it started up and stayed at 2560x1440, both in booting into OC, as well as throughout the MacOS boot process.

If you aren't connected via HDMI, you might consider using that to connect to the monitors.

On an semi-related note, the RX580 card also notices on the fly when I connect/disconnect a 3rd display (a 4k tv via hdmi), just like a Mac should (along with the monitors layouts/resolutions)...
I use Displayport cables. But my old Mojave install is recognize well this config. The Big sure boot is working native resolution for both monitor (1080p). And the welcome screen is changed 1080p and 720p. I try the SwitchResX prog, but is's the same. Turn off and on the monitor, and the resolution is well.