Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I just upgraded to OC 0.6.7 using the files provided and HackinDROM. Everything worked out successfully, but both OpenCore Configurator and Hackintool still report that I'm on 0.6.6? I did delete the old EFI folder and emptied the trash before moving the new one over onto the main drive...

When I run

Code:
nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version

I get:

Code:
REL-066-2021-02-02

Can anyone who has installed the update via the zip file provided check whether they actually have version 0.6.7 running?

I just upgraded to OC 0.6.7 using the files provided and HackinDROM. Everything worked out successfully, but both OpenCore Configurator and Hackintool still report that I'm on 0.6.6? I did delete the old EFI folder and emptied the trash before moving the new one over onto the main drive...

When I run

Code:
nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:opencore-version

I get:

Code:
REL-066-2021-02-02

Can anyone who has installed the update via the zip file provided check whether they actually have version 0.6.7 running?

I was wondering the same thing, but updated from their actual release package and... got the same result. Wondering if it's just a mislabeled version, or.... perhaps it wasn't packaged correctly?

@docfiru and @jlehy2

Did you reset NVRAM? (Space bar at openCore boot). Remember that after this reset the default boot disk may have changed! In this case do not forget to select it and at OC boot and then in system preferences -> boot disk.
After reinstalling 0.6.7 and resetting NVRAM, HackIntool normally recognizes the change to 0.6.7

Last edited:
Just want to share my solution to my Sidecar's issue.

Issue:
Sidecar while using Logic Pro X. Sidecar's taking up almost 100% of my CPU thread (1 out of 16 threads) that causing the System Overload error and some display issue.

Solution:
Changed
ig-platform-id: from 07009B3E to 0300923E

Added
framebuffer-stolenmem: 00003001

I'm using Opencore 0.6.6

@CaseySJ Honestly, I really didn't understand what I did, but it's now working as I expected.

@docfiru and @jlehy2

Did you reset NVRAM? (Space bar at openCore boot). Remember that after this reset the default boot disk may have changed! In this case do not forget to select it and at OC boot and then in system preferences -> boot disk.
After reinstalling 0.6.7 and resetting NVRAM, HackIntool normally recognizes the change to 0.6.7
Yes, I did definitely reset NVRAM. Always do. I even re-installed 0.6.7 again, just to be sure, still reports as 0.6.6.

‍*shrug*

Just want to share my solution to my Sidecar's issue.

Issue:
Sidecar while using Logic Pro X. Sidecar's taking up almost 100% of my CPU thread (1 out of 16 threads) that causing the System Overload error and some display issue.

Solution:
Changed
ig-platform-id: from 07009B3E to 0300923E
Hello @nasgier,

You changed iGPU to headless mode in which it no longer outputs video through HDMI or DisplayPort, but can be used for GPU-compute tasks. We can use either 03000923E or 0300983E for this.

After updating from OC 0.6.6 to 0.6.7 my metal benchmark has increased by 3 to 4 thousand points to over 77000. Big Sur 11.2.1.

What have they done?
Interesting. My RX580 on Z490 Vision D has increased by 1000 points in Metal. This isn't much, but is probably due to continuous improvements Apple makes to their graphics drivers.

Hell @CaseySJ, I always forgot to ask how to fix the issue with the Preview app, particularly jpg files. (This also happens on the Finder Quick Look.) I tried the NoVPAJpeg.kext, but it didn't work. To make it clear, I moved the NoVPAJpeg.kext into my macOS-library-extensions
I would appreciate any help with this because, from time to time, this issue is really frustrating. :) Thanks

Hell @CaseySJ, I always forgot to ask how to fix the issue with the preview app, particularly jpg files (this also happens on the Finder quick look). I tried the NoVPAJpeg.kext, but it didn't work. To make it clear, I moved the NoVPAJpeg.kext into my macOS-library-extensions
I would appreciate any help with this because from time to time, this issue is really frustrating. :) Thanks.
Hello @memomemonline,

Some background questions:
  • Are you running Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur?
  • Are you using Clover or OpenCore?
  • What Platform ID are you using? This is available from the front page of Hackintool.
  • What SMBIOS name are you using? iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1 or ...?

I was wondering the same thing, but updated from their actual release package and... got the same result. Wondering if it's just a mislabeled version, or.... perhaps it wasn't packaged correctly?
I seem to be having the same issue. NVRAM does not appear to be able to reset and though OC 0.6.7 is installed, Hackintool sees the correct kext versions, but it thinks OpenCore is still set to 0.6.6.

Back