Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
anyone experionce a system restart due to a "Sleep Wake Failure"? Must have happen sometime between Sunday and today when I left my pc on. the issue is new since updating to OC0.6.5 and Big Sur.

Thanks

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
I'd like to compare the Clover and OpenCore folders to see if there's a clue to be found. If you can make a copy of both folders, remove serial numbers from each config.plist, compress and post the zip, I'll take a closer look.
Attached. Labeled each folder w/ Clover and 066(OC).

Attachments

• EFI Folders.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 28

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Attached. Labeled each folder w/ Clover and 066(OC).
One difference between the two is the presence of an SSDT in Clover to disable GPU in Slot 2. If there's an Nvidia GPU in that slot, please do the following:
  • Download the attached config.plist and copy serial number back into PlatformInfo --> DataHub.
  • Then copy config.plist to EFI/OC folder in EFI partition.
  • Download attached SSDT-Designare-Z390-Disable-Slot-2-GPU.aml and copy to EFI/OC/ACPI folder.
  • Reboot and see if OpenCore can boot macOS.

Attachments

• config.plist
    23.6 KB · Views: 28
  • SSDT-Designare-Z390-Disable-Slot-2-GPU.aml
    171 bytes · Views: 24

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, I have tried the DESIGNARE-Z390-NVM33-Elias64Fr.bin, the same error.

With the original FW, there is nothing. Not in IOReg, not in the PCI list of Hackintool. The Card is not present, I have tried it twice with reflash. With DSDT and without, with Jumper between 1-3 and 1-4 and without.
Like the USB-C Controller if I reboot, just gone.
That is very puzzling. With the original firmware installed and no Thunderbolt SSDT, please run Hackintool and click the Export button as shown:
Screen Shot 2021-02-09 at 3.28.40 PM.png

Edit: Wait, I have flash only the blue Chip, is this correct?
Yes only the blue chip.

Because on my cMP5.1 this Card is working but I have to flash both chips.
I don't know, what FW is on the green one, maybe NVM50.
The green chip contains Thunderbolt Power Delivery (PD) firmware. Remember that Thunderbolt connectors also support up to 100W of power delivery to connected components. This is managed by a Texas Instruments power delivery chip.

Motherboard
z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Radeon 6900xt
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay Ok so interestingly enough. Safe boot seems to cure the freezing?
Well I think this is definitely a Radeon VII problem but I started looking at console and saw HDCP failed 4 error. Googled it and the solution was to turn the monitors off and on, and it worked! :headbang::headbang::banghead:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KS
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@CaseySJ

I fixed the duplicate entry issue, but...

I'm at my wit's end here. I can't for the life of me install Big Sur using any of your OC 0.6.3-0.6.6 configs. I have an almost identical build to yours.

When I create the bootable usb, it boots just fine. I format the HD, and then hit "Install Big Sur", as soon as I select the newly formatted disk, the installer just exits and sends me back to the beginning of the installer.

Nothing is working. I played with CSR, USB ports, everything. I feel like this is a simple fix but nobody has really tried making a fresh bootable Big Sur usb, so it hasn't come up yet.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
@CaseySJ

I fixed the duplicate entry issue, but...

I'm at my wit's end here. I can't for the life of me install Big Sur using any of your OC 0.6.3-0.6.6 configs. I have an almost identical build to yours.

When I create the bootable usb, it boots just fine. I format the HD, and then hit "Install Big Sur", as soon as I select the newly formatted disk, the installer just exits and sends me back to the beginning of the installer.

Nothing is working. I played with CSR, USB ports, everything. I feel like this is a simple fix but nobody has really tried making a fresh bootable Big Sur usb, so it hasn't come up yet.
What is your storage drive?
Have you tried to install Big Sur to another drive?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Some general guidelines:
  • Download the correct version of AirportItlwm.kext for the version of macOS you're using. There are different builds for High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur.
  • Disable SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml
  • Set SecureBootModel to Disabled
  • Remove any other WiFi/BT card
For an example, please refer to the Z490 Vision D OpenCore 0.6.5/0.6.6 EFI zip files for OpenIntelWireless located here:
Thank you for the reply.

I did exactly as you wrote, copied the AirportItlwm.kext from the Z490 EFI (I'm on Catalina). But I still don't get my WiFi to show in the system report. I've got no prior WiFi BT card installed so I "only" need to work with the EFI and am not dual booting. Let me know if you'd need extra information.

Here are relevant screenshots of my config.plist.

The Kext Airportitlwm is added in OpenCore config. .
Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.14.59.png

Checked that SecureBootModel is set to Disabled (I couldn't find where to do this from in OC Configurator so edited the text with Sublime Text):

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.11.46.png

Device properties are set like the ones on the Z490.

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.15.13.png

My Wi-Fi in system report still doesn't show up.

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.16.45.png

edit: I managed to get wifi working using itlwm and heliport. But still would very much like to get AirportItlwm to work if I can. And learn something along the way.

edit-edit: After trying one last time with AirportItlwm and setting SystemBootModel to Default (not Disabled), it now works! Also speeds are the same as what I get with my WiFi router on other devices in the house, so it's a super win for me. I don't have a super fast internet anyways. Again @CaseySJ thank you for your help and finding out how to make this build.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.10.43.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 10.10.43.png
    272 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

edit-edit: After trying one last time with AirportItlwm and setting SystemBootModel to Default (not Disabled), it now works! Also speeds are the same as what I get with my WiFi router on other devices in the house, so it's a super win for me. I don't have a super fast internet anyways. Again @CaseySJ thank you for your help and finding out how to make this build.
Apologies, I fixed the original post to say “Default”. I’ve mixed up Default and Disabled several times before and will probably mix them up again. Anyway, glad it’s working.