Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hi @CaseySJ Unfortunately, still having the same issue. macOS is not loading, stuck on logo at beginning of the progress bar. I ran two different tests:

1. Used OC 0.6.6 with the recommendation above, no luck. See screenshot of log (IMG_1636).
2. Used the test OC 0.6.5 version, no luck. See screenshot of log (IMG_1637).

One note, I did have two GPU installed when I did my original Clover install. I have since removed the Nvidia GPU has you found out. I totally forgot that I did that.
Unfortunately I'm at a loss to explain why this is happening. Do you have any Corsair USB devices? If so, please try disconnecting them.

Some observations:
  • With the original DSDT, the Thunderbolt controller is not being powered on.
  • The modified DSDT, however, appears to have a "force power" function for enabling the controller.
  • The purpose of bridging the top and middle pins on GC-Titan Ridge is to "force power" so it is puzzling that the controller does not power on with original DSDT.
    • When holding the GC-Titan Ridge card vertically with the PCI pins facing the floor, we need to bridge the top and middle pins of the vertical 5-pin J1 header.
    • Is this what you have already done?
I bridged Pin1 and Pin3. So, N_-SLP_S3 to TB_FORCE_PWR.

Unfortunately I'm at a loss to explain why this is happening. Do you have any Corsair USB devices? If so, please try disconnecting them.
Thanks for your assistance. No Corsair devices attached. Other than making sure CFG Lock is disabled, anything else I should check in BIO's settings? Should I follow your initial recommendations in original build post?

Thanks for your assistance. No Corsair devices attached. Other than making sure CFG Lock is disabled, anything else I should check in BIO's settings? Should I follow your initial recommendations in original build post?
It's always a good idea to configure BIOS as stated in Post 1, starting always with F7 (Load Optimized Defaults). If Clover is working, then BIOS may be already be set properly (CFG-Lock must be disabled). But at this point we've run out of ideas so it's worth re-checking everything.

@CaseySJ UPDATE: I reset all my BIOS setting from scratch, re-did the OC 0.6.6 USB boot stick and was able to boot macOS. Weird. Going to do a couple more reboots before moving EFI folder to internal SSD.

@CaseySJ UPDATE: I reset all my BIOS setting from scratch, re-did the OC 0.6.6 USB boot stick and was able to boot macOS. Weird. Going to do a couple more reboots before moving EFI folder to internal SSD.
I don't know whether to applaud you or to scream at you! :) Luckily I'm feeling pumped from the morning's high intensity workout so I'll just stick with the former. Congrats on finding the cure...

I don't know whether to applaud you or to scream at you! :) Luckily I'm feeling pumped from the morning's high intensity workout so I'll just stick with the former. Congrats on finding the cure...
No, thank you! Most of the errors were my fault. I did do the BIOS reset a couple weeks ago when I first started, but I figured I would go back to the beginning and start fresh. I still need to upgrade to Big Sur, which I can reference you mini-guide.

No, thank you! Most of the errors were my fault. I did do the BIOS reset a couple weeks ago when I first started, but I figured I would go back to the beginning and start fresh. I still need to upgrade to Big Sur, which I can reference you mini-guide.
The rest should be smooth sailing. OpenCore is a wonderful piece of work so let's hope you're able to establish confidence in it quickly.

Would anyone know why my avb sound card works fine in Catalina and doesn't show up at all under network browsers under Big Sur 11.2.1? Do you think it would be related to hot flashing the Thunderbolt port since the avb connects via an Ethernet to Thunderbolt adapter.

I’m running Z390 Thunderbolt mobo with OpenCore 0.6.6

Back