Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

As long as the USB-C cable is working, you're good to go.

However, even the Thunderbolt cable should work. Do you have any other USB-C devices? If so, please connect them via the Thunderbolt cable to see if they work. Otherwise it would be advisable to return the Thunderbolt cable considering how expensive it was.
Thanks @CaseySJ.
All my USB-C devices are external hard drives and none of them are recognized by the cable.

• Are you still able to get to the Clover Boot Menu by booting off the internal SSD?
  • Was the USB Flash Disk formatted with scheme = GUID Partition Map and hence it contains an EFI partition? The OpenCore EFI folder is directly in that partition and the name of the folder is EFI?
Yes, I can still boot via Clover off the internal SSD.
Yes, the USB is formated correctly. Attached a screenshot of everything

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 3.40.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 3.40.50 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Please compress and post your EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo section. Even though I don't have the AORUS Xtreme, I can still do a sanity check.
  • What is the make/model of your NVMe SSD?
  • Which version of macOS (full version number) are you trying to install?
Will post when I get home thx
Please compress and post your EFI folder, but remove serial numbers from PlatformInfo section. Even though I don't have the AORUS Xtreme, I can still do a sanity check.
Latest Installer for 11.2 EVO 970 Plus 1 TB M2

I ran through a complete install again and right back to the reboots itself at about half bar after the two long 20 minute installs... looks like where the graphics card would normally wind up the fans and go to desktop.
I don't use the onboard HDMI so maybe i have that part messed up. Thanks again for the help

Attachments

• EFI ORIG EXTREME.zip
    4 MB · Views: 45
Hi @CaseySJ ,

I may be able to supply my working EFI to @Snoots however I am not sure how to remove my serial id's as my ProperTree application doesn't work. I can supply the EFI as long as those details are deleted by You or Snoots before use :) Just let me know if you need this and ill supply it to you :)

Thanks @CaseySJ.
All my USB-C devices are external hard drives and none of them are recognized by the cable.
Understood. It's best to return the Thunderbolt cable -- the cable might be defective.

Yes, I can still boot via Clover off the internal SSD.
Yes, the USB is formated correctly. Attached a screenshot of everything
There's a huge problem there!

Your EFI partition is not actually an EFI partition. It's a MacOS Extended (Journaled) partition (HFS+). The second image below is from my system. Notice the Format is MS-DOS (FAT32).
Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 3.38.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 3.39.17 PM.png

How to Fix:
  • Run Disk Utility followed by View --> Show All Devices or press CMD-2. This is critical:
    Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 3.41.44 PM.png
  • Then select the Parent name of your USB Flash Disk. Here's what mine looks like:
    Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 3.42.36 PM.png
  • Then click Erase and you will see THREE choices. Be sure to select:
    • Format: MacOS Extended (Journaled)
    • Scheme: GUID Partition Map
    Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 3.44.41 PM.png
  • Then click Erase.
  • Now you can Mount EFI partition with EFI Agent or OpenCore Configurator.
  • Then copy the OpenCore EFI folder into that partition.
  • Now you're ready to boot the Hackintosh.

Volunteers!!!

Here is HackinDROM.app
BETA 1.0.8

What can do this BETA?

Mount/Unmount EFI with non identical EFI folder names
New
ONLY FOR Z390 DESIGNARE AMD-GPU - (for the moment)

Install and/or *Update OpenCore to the latest version on selected EFI

Install = New Build with Casey's EFI folder + new AMD config.plist with new SMBIOS

Update = Extracts your SMBIOS + Boot args and merge into Caseys latest OC config.plist

This is only for testing
more features will be added OF COURSE!!
Happy testing
Feedbacks please!

Additional: (not activated in the GUI for the moment)
  • Detects your Systems OpenCore version, if new version is available then ask you if you want to update it.
  • Detects if OpenCore is present in your Mounted EFIs
  • If you leave the app opened in the background you'll be notified by Casey when new Update is available
  • Format and Install on a new drive
and more...

Screenshots:

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 01.00.18.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 01.00.25.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 01.00.22.png

Known Issues:
  • GUI sizing isn't correct after opening back the App when you left it on Installing/Updating View.
  • App Crashes when there's no more storage place in your EFI folder (Yes I made about 40 test before publishing this).
  • Incorrect password can crash the app if your try again to mount the same EFI.
  • May Crash after a fresh new macOS install/update, a restart solves the issue.

Will develop another app specially for @CaseySJ to make his job easy too: Adding/Updating/Editing/Notifying

EDIT:
Updated to 1.0.9: Old EFI is backed up in your EFI folder of your drive. Thanks to @CaseySJ

Attachments

• HackinDROM 1.0.9.zip
    451.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Hi @CaseySJ ,

I may be able to supply my working EFI to @Snoots however I am not sure how to remove my serial id's as my ProperTree application doesn't work. I can supply the EFI as long as those details are deleted by You or Snoots before use :) Just let me know if you need this and ill supply it to you :)
Feel free to send your compressed EFI to me via private message. I'll remove serial numbers and post it here publicly for @Snoots. Thank you for helping!

Will post when I get home thx

Latest Installer for 11.2 EVO 970 Plus 1 TB M2

I ran through a complete install again and right back to the reboots itself at about half bar after the two long 20 minute installs... looks like where the graphics card would normally wind up the fans and go to desktop.
I don't use the onboard HDMI so maybe i have that part messed up. Thanks again for the help
Please try the attached config.plist after copy serial numbers back into PlatformInfo. Any reason why VirtualSMC was disabled?

I've also enabled SIP (csr-active-config = 00000000).

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.7 KB · Views: 52
Back