Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Today I received a Radeon RX 5600 XT for my AMD B550 Vision D, which is configured as follows:
  • System Name: iMacPro1,1
  • MacOS Version: 11.2 Public Beta 2 (build 20D5042d)
  • GPU: ASRock Challenger Pro Radeon RX 5600 XT
With this combination I can edit your photo without any problem! Not sure if this is because of (a) system name iMacPro1,1 or (b) macOS 11.2 Beta 2.

View attachment 505213View attachment 505214View attachment 505215View attachment 505216

UPDATE: Even more good news! After updating my Z390 Designare to macOS 11.2 beta (build 20D5042d) the Photos app now works properly with RX 5700 XT! The same image can be edited the same way as before without crashing. Apple has fixed the bug!
View attachment 505221
I update to 11.2 and now work perfectly¡¡¡¡
Captura de pantalla 2021-02-05 a las 20.52.42.png

Last edited:
Yes, the engine of productivity! :)
But are you ready to destroy some EFIs for me ? :mrgreen::beachball:
I’m taking another coffee and will publish a little beta.

Couple of follow-ups:
  • What is the make and model of the motherboard?
  • I am looking at the IOReg file (Antelope Yes) in which the Antelope device is connected, but Thunderbolt device tree is a bit incorrect.
    • So please post the Thunderbolt SSDT.
    • Also, with Antelope connected, post a screenshot of System Information --> Thunderbolt.
Sorry I realized later I forgot to mention the motherboard:
  • Asus Prime X299 A-II
Waiting for my friend (at the moment a bit busy) to give you the other infos. ;)

ProperTree is available from here. But it might be better to use BBEdit or PlistEdit Pro (click the "Free Download" button for either of these two).

Or grab OpenCore Configurator 2.26.0.0 from here. This version supports OpenCore 0.6.5.
I had the same issue with your build, I am wondering if I did the CMOS reset correctly. I found a couple modes online, not sure it completely reset. I seems to be something on my machine for sure. Would you recommend a particular process?

But are you ready to destroy some EFIs for me ? :mrgreen::beachball:
Im taking another coffee and will publish a little beta
Too bad caffeine stimulates the adrenal glands to produce cortisol, which is our primary stress hormone, and can lead to adrenal fatigue. So we don't have a free license to consume all the coffee we want! :)

P.S.:
@CaseySJ I don't know if it's useful to know that at the moment on my MacBook Pro connected to Antelope I'm running Mojave.

I had the same issue with your build, I am wondering if I did the CMOS reset correctly. I found a couple modes online, not sure it completely reset. I seems to be something on my machine for sure. Would you recommend a particular process?
The EFI folder I posted uses DEBUG version of OpenCore and enables logging to disk. In the EFI partition of the USB flash disk, do you see one or more OpenCore log files? If so, please post all of them.

Additionally, in the BIOS Boot Menu screenshot from yesterday there were a large number of SSDs in the system. Samsung 870, multiple 970s, etc. Which SSDs are installed in the system at this time? And are they all macOS formats?

Yes and yes.
As long as the USB-C cable is working, you're good to go.

However, even the Thunderbolt cable should work. Do you have any other USB-C devices? If so, please connect them via the Thunderbolt cable to see if they work. Otherwise it would be advisable to return the Thunderbolt cable considering how expensive it was.

The EFI folder I posted uses DEBUG version of OpenCore and enables logging to disk. In the EFI partition of the USB flash disk, do you see one or more OpenCore log files? If so, please post all of them.

Additionally, in the BIOS Boot Menu screenshot from yesterday there were a large number of SSDs in the system. Samsung 870, multiple 970s, etc. Which SSDs are installed in the system at this time? And are they all macOS formats?
Hi @CaseySJ, I am not even getting to a OpenCore boot menu. I hit F12, get to select the USB drive, then it just flashed for a few seconds and prompts me to select a drive to boot. The other drives are not formatted macOS. The two other SSD's are not formated or bootable. I am using the NVMe 970 for macOS.

Hi @CaseySJ, I am not even getting to a OpenCore boot menu. I hit F12, get to select the USB drive, then it just flashed for a few seconds and prompts me to select a drive to boot. The other drives are not formatted macOS. The two other SSD's are not formated or bootable. I am using the NVMe 970 for macOS.
  • Are you still able to get to the Clover Boot Menu by booting off the internal SSD?
  • Was the USB Flash Disk formatted with scheme = GUID Partition Map and hence it contains an EFI partition? The OpenCore EFI folder is directly in that partition and the name of the folder is EFI?

Back