Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

So successfully installed the OpenCore 0.6.5 Big Sur successfully following the instructions.
VideoProc shows the UHD630 enabled for H264 and HEVC acceleration

Remembered from Clover about setting the Headless ID for the iGPU as use the Sapphire RX580 Pulse for Graphics connection so the iGPU is headless.

Found in OpenCore that the AAPL,ig-platform-id set to 00009B3E which indicates in the Desktop Coffee Lake OpenCore Install Guide is for where the iGPU driving a screen.

Should I be setting this to 0300913E which https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#deviceproperties seems to indicate is what use for Headless Operation.

Thanks

Guys, I made a mistake :( I'm gonna need your help.

My WIN10 partition was crashing on startup almost every time with a BSOD. Apparently, some drivers issues. So i did a scan and updated them. It might have cause some hardware update in the hard disks or motherboard, because after that I wasn't able to access my OSX partition anymore.

My OSX and WIN10 partitions are on 2 nvme m2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus disks. After unplugged and replugged them, I don't know what happened but I could access to my osX partition again... THE PROBLEM IS my 3 others disks (plugged in SATA) won't show anymore on OSX. (they appear with WIN10).

I suspect an EFI problem, but I haven't touch anything and before that mess, I had no problem accessing them on OSX.

Any idea? :(
Thank you !
Some questions and suggestions:
  • Is the Windows NVMe SSD installed in the M.2 slot closest to CPU?
  • Are you using Clover or OpenCore?
  • Are you running Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur?
  • What is your BIOS version? F9i?
  • Have you tried CMOS Reset? (BIOS parameters must be configured again after CMOS Reset.)
  • After booting into macOS, please mount EFI partitions of both Samsung EVO Plus SSDs and post a screenshot of the EFI folder contents of each one. This will tell us whether the two operating systems are properly separated.

So successfully installed the OpenCore 0.6.5 Big Sur successfully following the instructions.
VideoProc shows the UHD630 enabled for H264 and HEVC acceleration

Remembered from Clover about setting the Headless ID for the iGPU as use the Sapphire RX580 Pulse for Graphics connection so the iGPU is headless.

Found in OpenCore that the AAPL,ig-platform-id set to 00009B3E which indicates in the Desktop Coffee Lake OpenCore Install Guide is for where the iGPU driving a screen.

Should I be setting this to 0300913E which https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#deviceproperties seems to indicate is what use for Headless Operation.

Thanks
If you use the OpenCore EFI file attached to the OpenCore 0.6.5 Mini-Guide in this thread then:
  • Platform ID will be 0x3E980003 if you use config-AMD-GPU.plist
    • (Reverse byte order will be 0300983E)
  • Platform ID will be 0x3E9B0007 if you use config-Intel-iGPU.plist
    • (Reverse byte order will be 07009B3E)
As you can see, neither file contains 00009B3E.

• Every Thunderbolt SSDT in this list is attached to a specific PCI bus "root port". Some of these SSDTs are attached to RP05 while others may be attached to RP21 or RP09, etc. However, the Thunderbolt controller in your system may be attached to a different port!
  • Download and run IORegistryExplorer to determine your Thunderbolt controller's root port. Search for "Thunderbolt" and check the resulting PCI path.

When I run IORegistryExplorer and look at my path instead or RPxx I see IOU2 is that right?

Please install BIOS F9i from the Gigabyte website, then configure all BIOS parameters including Boot --> CFG-Lock --> Disabled.
Okay, now I am freezing on the loading screen

Attachments

• BBCCD4FE-DBC3-4C1A-BCA3-EE26F5C8C285.jpeg
    BBCCD4FE-DBC3-4C1A-BCA3-EE26F5C8C285.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 58
Tadros,

Try to reboot your system, but instead at the Clover boot select screen, hit space bar on your boot drive to go into the Boot Options menu, scroll down to Verbose (-V) and press space bar to select it then Enter. If/when it stops, take a screenshot of the error posted (so we can see what is wrong).

Some questions and suggestions:
  • Is the Windows NVMe SSD installed in the M.2 slot closest to CPU?
  • Are you using Clover or OpenCore?
  • Are you running Mojave, Catalina, or Big Sur?
  • What is your BIOS version? F9i?
  • Have you tried CMOS Reset? (BIOS parameters must be configured again after CMOS Reset.)
  • After booting into macOS, please mount EFI partitions of both Samsung EVO Plus SSDs and post a screenshot of the EFI folder contents of each one. This will tell us whether the two operating systems are properly separated.
Thank you for your answer.
So,
- the Windows SSD is installed in the M2 slot closest to CPU
- I'm using OpenCore 0.6.5.
- I'm running Big Sur
- BIOS version is F9i
- I've cleared the CMOS. Now i can't boot on osx partition anymore :'( I'm stuck at apple logo. Priori to that clear, I was at least able to boot on osx... :shifty: (I reConfigured BIOS parameters according to the guide in Post 1) Ok, I change Boot --> CFG-Lock --> Disabled in BIOS and now I can boot on OSX partition but still no other disks...

- Here is a screen of the partitions. The one on WDC WD10 was my Carbon Copy Cloner Backup. If I try booting on that EFI, same results. Stuck at apple logo.

Attachments

• IMG_2251.jpeg
    IMG_2251.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Hi!

Is there any option on how to make a clean Big Sur installation with OpenCore?

Can I just add all the kexts, and other files from post #1 and use then in clean OpenCore installation?

I'm struggling after migrating from Cclover to OpenCore with bluebottle issues and now my hackintosh wont even boot. So I think that it will be better to just format my main drive and install it from scratch?

Thanks!

EDIT: NWM I found everyting i needed. THANKS for your awesome work @CaseySJ!

Last edited:
Hi guys,

For some weeks, I, too, am struggling with Antelope Audio Thunderbolt 3 incompatibility on a hackintosh.
I’m here enclosing an IOregistryExplorer report from a MacBook Pro regularly working with the device together with the hackintosh’s one. Hope that some good hearted among you can really help me to get out from this nightmare.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• Antelope workin and not.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 58
Back