Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 13.37.36.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 13.37.36.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 37
hi

my big sur or catalina works fine

i have updated with oc 0.6.5

when i open opencore configurator i have always this message
Please check “BIOS —> Boot” to make sure that the internal MacOS SSD is boot priority one.

Hi @CaseySJ

thanks for your wonderful guide! Really amazing! :clap:

I wanna give this Z390 Designare a shot so I'm about to follow your guide but regarding USB I have a little request: do you have the SSDT-UIAC.dsl with the complete mapping of all its USB ports? I prefer going with SSDT instead of a dedicated kext and I will not built this mobo with Fractal Design r6 (as you did), so I will probably switch off different USB 2.0/3.0 ports and the complete DSL file will help me. Thanks in advance! :)

Hi @CaseySJ

thanks for your wonderful guide! Really amazing! :clap:

I wanna give this Z390 Designare a shot so I'm about to follow your guide but regarding USB I have a little request: do you have the SSDT-UIAC.dsl with the complete mapping of all its USB ports? I prefer going with SSDT instead of a dedicated kext and I will not built this mobo with Fractal Design r6 (as you did), so I will probably switch off different USB 2.0/3.0 ports and the complete DSL file will help me. Thanks in advance! :)
Hello @Azimuth1,

We are actually using a USB SSDT for the Designare Z390 instead of USBPorts.kext. If you download the OpenCore 0.6.5 EFI for this build from the mini-guide, you will find the SSDT inside the OC/ACPI folder. Although it's in compiled form (with .aml file extension), it can be opened in MaciASL and saved in .dsl format. Furthermore, that SSDT is not for the Fractal Design R6 (incidentally, I do not own a Fractal Design case).

Please have a look at the USB SSDT and then feel free to ask any questions.

I'm on your 0.6.5 EFI and tried refreshing many times...
I could update to the public beta, why not, maybe it fixes. I'll let you know

EDIT:
I updated but no luck :(
Alas I am out of ideas, but feel free to go through the process of elimination. For example, remove the Nvidia GPU and see what happens.

If anyone has any suggestions for fixing this HEVC problem, please let us know.

Working well here also after the update. Hope I made all the same BIOS changes as before, so far it's working just like before. Interesting item in their release notes:
  1. Enable Resizable Base-Address Register (Resizable-BAR) option to enhance GPU performance.
Never mind, failed to boot when this option is enabled.

Yes, already noted by @jjsenecal :

Apparently you can use Resizable Bar and boot into macOS if you disable Above 4G.

Apparently you can use Resizable Bar and boot into macOS if you disable Above 4G.
what is Resizable Bar and what are the benefits of that? any idea?

That's cool, but it still provides Zero benefit to the hackitosh community since you have to be running an AMD 6000 Series graphics card which macOS doesn't support.

That's cool, but it still provides Zero benefit to the hackitosh community since you have to be running an AMD 6000 Series graphics card which macOS doesn't support.

But we are hoping that that is 'YET' and 6000 series will be supported soon.

Also, if you dual boot with Windows you can enable Resizable Bar and gain any benefits it offers in Windows and not have to change your BIOS config whenever you switch between macOS and Windows/Linux.

Back