Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

With all that said, here is something to ponder regarding Nvidia's purchase of ARM: Since Apple licenses ARM for all their devices, will/could Nvidia graphics card support "sneak" back into future Macs?!? Inquiring minds want to know? :eek: :clap:

It is more likely that the moon is made of cheese. :lol:

Okay, I did this. But now I'm getting an error at boot. See pic.View attachment 505995
Okay, the capital letter fixed the boot problem.
But now my wifi and my ethernet don't work, so I'm assuming I need to either delete the line I have highlighted in pic or disable it?
In my system before I used the intelMausi and Smalltree for ethernet and AirportItlwm for Wifi for those to work.
EDIT: The other pic is the working Efi config list. So it looks like those lines are in the working one too.
20210124_085125.jpg
20210124_090949.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, the capital letter fixed the boot problem.
But now my wifi and my ethernet don't work, so I'm assuming I need to either delete the line I have highlighted in pic or disable it?
In my system before I used the intelMausi and Smalltree for ethernet and AirportItlwm for Wifi for those to work.View attachment 506040
The OpenCore 0.6.5 EFI from the mini-guide in this thread is not configured for OpenIntelWireless drivers.

I strongly discourage the use of those drivers at this time.

If you would still like to use just the WiFi driver, try disabling SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-NO-CNVW.aml. Then reboot.

Please note that little if any support is provided here for those drivers.

The OpenCore 0.6.5 EFI from the mini-guide in this thread is not configured for OpenIntelWireless drivers.

I strongly discourage the use of those drivers at this time.

If you would still like to use just the WiFi driver, try disabling SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-NO-CNVW.aml. Then reboot.

Please note that little if any support is provided here for those drivers.
So if I buy at Fenvi T919 or 1200 wifi/bluetooth card, I should be good then?
Also do you have a link so I could send you a donation for all your great work!?

So if I buy at Fenvi T919 or 1200 wifi/bluetooth card, I should be good then?
Yes, all of the following are great choices:
Because you've already attempted to use the OpenIntel WiFi driver, let's see if we can get it working. Some of my reasons for discouraging its use:
  • Speeds are limited to 802.11n (does not yet support 802.11ac)
  • Wake from sleep may not work
  • Connections may drop unexpectedly
I am actually a vocal supporter of the OpenIntelWireless project. What they're doing is both commendable and highly promising. But for a work system (as opposed to one's personal or tinkering system) I must advise against it at this time.

So with those disclaimers out of the way, let's at least get you up and running on AirportItlwm.kext. Is it working now?

Last edited:
Step 1: Please check whether BIOS --> Boot --> CFG-Lock is Disabled. It is necessary to install BIOS F9g or newer (F9i is available from the Gigabyte website).
Is it no longer necessary to unlock MSR on newer BIOS versions? Gigabyte added the CFG lock option in BIOS? That was the main reason I wasn't updating BIOS since i didn't want to bother with MSR unlock again.

Thanks,
g\

Back