Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ I have a question. When I opened the fully configured EFI folder from your link, there are 2 config.plist in there already, one says AMD-GPU.plist and the other says intel-iGPU.plist.
Should I leave those in there and just copy the new config.plist in there with them?
Yes, it's perfectly okay to keep those two template files. Only the file called config.plist will be used by OpenCore.

Yes, it's perfectly okay to keep those two template files. Only the file called config.plist will be used by OpenCore.
I'm sorry one more question, to get my Intel wifi to work I had the Airportltlwm.kext in the kext folder.
I can put that in the fully configured kext folder and snapshot and save the config.plist without screwing things up right?

I'm sorry one more question, to get my Intel wifi to work I had the Airportltlwm.kext in the kext folder.
I can put that in the fully configured kext folder and snapshot and save the config.plist without screwing things up right?
After copying AirportItlwm.kext into the OC/Kexts folder, do not use the OC snapshot feature. Instead, add a new entry in the Kernel section of config.plist:
  • BundlePath = AirportItlwm.kext
  • Comment = OpenIntelWireless WiFi
  • Executable Path = Contents/MacOS/AirportItlwm
  • PlistPath = Contents/Info.plist
  • Enabled = true
XML:
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>AirportItlwm.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>OpenIntelWireless WiFi</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string>Contents/MacOS/AirportItlwm</string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>

After copying AirportItlwm.kext into the OC/Kexts folder, do not use the OC snapshot feature. Instead, add a new entry in the Kernel section of config.plist:
  • Enabled = true
XML:
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
            </dict>
Won't the ProperTree snapshot feature produce the code you showed?

Won't the ProperTree snapshot feature produce the code you showed?
The snapshot feature will incorporate every Kext and SSDT and EFI driver that exists in the respective directories. If we are certain that no extraneous files are present in those folders then we can use snapshot. But in general I am hesitant to use such “all or nothing” features.

In the Designare EFI folders in this thread we have some extraneous files as a result of months of evolution and experimentation.

The snapshot feature will incorporate every Kext and SSDT and EFI driver that exists in the respective directories. If we are certain that no extraneous files are present in those folders then we can use snapshot. But in general I am hesitant to use such “all or nothing” features.

In the Designare EFI folders in this thread we have some extraneous files as a result of months of evolution and experimentation.
Understand. I have the AirportItlwm and the two Intel BT kexts in my config.plist with Enabled=False so I can use my Fenvi T919 Wireless/BT card. I have those 3 kexts in there so I can try out the latest kexts versions w/o having keep modifying the config.plist for them; I just drop the updated kexts in the ...OC/kexts/ folder. Then, when I want to try the latest update, swap WiFi/BT cards and set the three kexts to Enable=True. YMMV.

Updated F9j and all gone well. The only annoying thing (and you probably all know that) is that I have a folder with all print screens of previous BIOS settings as you cannot import a saved BIOS files of an older version...

Working well here also after the update. Hope I made all the same BIOS changes as before, so far it's working just like before. Interesting item in their release notes:
  1. Enable Resizable Base-Address Register (Resizable-BAR) option to enhance GPU performance.
Never mind, failed to boot when this option is enabled.

Last edited:
Working well here also after the update. Hope I made all the same BIOS changes as before, so far it's working just like before. Interesting item in their release notes:
  1. Enable Resizable Base-Address Register (Resizable-BAR) option to enhance GPU performance.
Never mind, failed to boot when this option is enabled.
Yes, already noted by @jjsenecal :

I updated to 9j this morning, disabled CFG-Lock and everything is good. WARNING: DO NOT enable Re-Size BAR Support under Settings->IO Ports or your hackintosh will hang during boot. Its disabled by default with Load Optimized Defaults.
As a follow-up for those curious/interested, Resizable BAR (Base-Address Register) support, currently, only benefits folks who are running an AMD 6000 Series graphics card, have a motherboard that can enable it, and are playing games in Windows. Eventually, folks with an Ampere (3000) series Nvidia GPU will also reap the (slight) performance rewards. However, since macOS doesn't support either of these graphics cards today, Resizable BAR has zero benefit to the hackintosh community. MAYBE, Apple will grace us with AMD 6000 series drivers in Big Sur 11.3, but even if they do its highly unlikely that they will add Resizable BAR support since it primarily benefits Windows gamers.

With all that said, here is something to ponder regarding Nvidia's purchase of ARM: Since Apple licenses ARM for all their devices, will/could Nvidia graphics card support "sneak" back into future Macs?!? Inquiring minds want to know? :eek: :clap:

Last edited:
  • Enabled = true
XML:
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
            </dict>

• Enabled = true
XML:
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
            </dict>
Okay, I did this. But now I'm getting an error at boot. See pic.
20210123_192205.jpg

Attachments

• 20210123_194922.jpg
    20210123_194922.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 52
Back