Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Able to Update Open core 0.6.5 but only getting the text Menu not able to see Gui mode for the open core boot loader and need this as it was previously showing the drive only get to see the names and all.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time posting.

I'm trying to install Big Sur on my PC but I'm stuck at the Apple logo. This is a brand new build so a fresh install. I'm using the latest release of Opencore and Big Sur and following several guides/videos. All install disks and any work done in Opencore is on my MBP running Mojave. Any idea where I could be stuck?

Hardware: Gigabyte Z390 Designare, i9-9900k, Gigabyte RX 580.

Thanks!

Any idea where I could be stuck?
No idea. Did you read this CaseySJ Golden Build for the Z390 Designare, in it's entirety ? Use the provided EFI ? It's best if you only follow this guide alone to get the best results. Mixing parts of different guides will not yield good results.

No idea. Did you read the CaseySJ Golden Build for the Z390 Designare ? Use the provided EFI ? It's best if you only follow this guide alone to get the best results.
Yeah I used the latest EFI CaseySJ posted a couple pages back. Can you link me to the guide? There are a ton of links here and updates along the way.

Able to Update Open core 0.6.5 but only getting the text Menu not able to see Gui mode for the open core boot loader and need this as it was previously showing the drive only get to see the names and all.
This might be a side effect of the manner in which your config.plist was updated. Can you list the steps that were taken?

Please see this:
Thank you! I'll give it a try and update later today, need to get some sleep.

By the way, I tried putting the files you uploaded on here a couple pages back for Opencore 0.6.5 in my EFI folder and got a message saying something along the lines of "unable to find OS on internal... error". I assume I needed to have macOS installed before doing this right?

Thank you! I'll give it a try and update later today, need to get some sleep.

By the way, I tried putting the files you uploaded on here a couple pages back for Opencore 0.6.5 in my EFI folder and got a message saying something along the lines of "unable to find OS on internal... error". I assume I needed to have macOS installed before doing this right?
Get some sleep and we’ll help you when you wake. The devil is in the details so every step in the guide should be read twice.

Back