2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
compressed EFI
Your configuration looks fine.
  • Is your USB stick plugged into a black USB 2 port?
  • Are you installing 10.14.3 or 10.14.4?
  • Are you installing Mojave to M.2 NVMe drive? If so, what is the make and model of the drive?
  • Finally, please use your smartphone to take a video of the startup messages. Then scrub the video back a few frames until just before the core dump happens. If unsure about this, simply grab the last 5 non-overlapping frames of the video.

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello CaseySJ,

I have the exact same build as you, except the 32GB RAM (I have 16) and the Bluetooth card. I did the first run and all things go so smoothly without any problems. (I thought, ohh it's not a big deal to build a hacki dähm). But, I made a mistake in the post installation because I didn't open the config.plist in EFI. I edited it without open the config.plist, and saved an new one, my bad. Now I try to make the same steps like in my first run but the booting from USB -> Boot macOS Install fails every time (image 1). I don't know if it has to do with the NVME SSD because, if I press F12, I have 4 different choices see (image 2). I tried recover as you mentioned

Because the boot process stops when trying to Load Kernel Cache, we can rebuild kernel cache like this:

1. Reboot computer and choose "Recovery" volume from Clover screen.
2. If Recovery system starts normally, it will ask you to select Language.
3. Then choose Tools --> Terminal.
4. In Terminal window, rebuild kernel cache like this:
Code:
cd /
kextcache -i /Volumes/Mojave

But it fails to (image 3). I tried everything but i think it has to do with the pre installed macOS on the NVMe, but I don't have any clues how to delete/format the M.2 drive?

Thx for your awesome build and your help.
Hello Huxlay, when you boot from the USB (press F12 at BIOS splash screen), please choose “Boot macOS from Mojave”. Because you’ve already installed Mojave, you should not choose “Boot macOS Install”.

If you have already tried this, please let me know.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
I saw you answered some questions. Do you have clue with my problem? Sorry for the trouble.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello Huxlay, when you boot from the USB (press F12 at BIOS splash screen), please choose “Boot macOS from Mojave”. Because you’ve already installed Mojave, you should not choose “Boot macOS Install”.

If you have already tried this, please let me know.
Thx for the fast reply. I tried this but I get a message that this build is not compatible with this hardware. I tried to recreate an post an image.

Attachments

• IMG_1992.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 80

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thx for the fast reply. I tried this but I get a message that this build is not compatible with this hardware. I tried to recreate an post an image.
Which version of MacOS are you installing? 10.14.0? You can right-click on the 6GB “Install MacOS Mojave” file on your Mac and select “Get Info”.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Which version of MacOS are you installing? 10.14.0? You can right-click on the 6GB “Install MacOS Mojave” file on your Mac and select “Get Info”.

the problem is i had Mojave running fine made all changes in the post installation but made a mistake. I dont get it the first try was without any problems. Is it possible that the NVMe SSD with the UEFI makes some problems?

Now i tried boot from the NVMe and it shows a new message or the same as if i boot from the USB

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpg
    IMG_1994.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690-Creator
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

the problem is i had Mojave running fine made all changes in the post installation but made a mistake. I dont get it the first try was without any problems. Is it possible that the NVMe SSD with the UEFI makes some problems?
Because we use “Macmini8,1” in post-installation, it means that we require 10.14.2 or later. So you have two options:
  1. Download the latest macOS installer (first move the existing 6GB file Fromm Applications folder on your Mac to Documents or somewhere else) from App Store and reinstall MacOS.
  2. Boot from the USB flash disk, then choose “Boot macOS Mojave” from Clover Boot Menu. Then mount EFI partition of the Mojave SSD and modify the config.plist located there. Simply change SMBIOS —> “Macmini8.1” to perhaps “iMac14,2” or “iMac18,3”. This allows you to run 10.14.0. Then you can update to 10.14.4 directly from Mojave.
If you have any questions, just ask.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
MSI Radeon Vega 64
Hi, guys, I have built a Hackintosh with the following specs: Gigabyte Z390 Designare, i9-9900, Crucial Ballistic 64 RAM, MSI Radeon RX Vega 64. I have followed this build procedure, with the following differences: I have made it a model iMac 18,3 instead of 14,2 (should be better for headless IGPU and Mojave), and my clover is using Inject instead of Detect for Kexts (could not get the VGTab Kext for my Vega to work otherwise). Also followed the headless iGPU settings provided (I sometimes work with DaVinci Resolve and Handbrake, but my issues are not happening when using that software, does not seem to be software dependent.) Now I am having issues with random system crashes- the screen goes grey, black or sometimes red, I can still hear audio passing for a few seconds, then that goes as well. The computer is still running (it doesn't reboot on it's own), but is completely non-responsive until a hard reboot. No CPU or GPU temperature issues, happens even if the computer is not under any heavy load. Any idea where I might start searching to get this issue fixed (or to even figure out what it is)? I am suspicious of the graphics card (just because of the changing colour of the screen) but that is just a hunch. Would appreciate any help in getting this resolved.

Motherboard
ASUS Z690 Maximus Extreme
CPU
i9-12900KF
Graphics
6900XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, guys,
Would appreciate any help in getting this resolved.

When I did my initial set-up and just barely had it working, I experienced some odd behavior too. CaseySJ had already made a few suggestions earlier in this thread to other people. I went through his checklist and one definitely worked: re-flashing the mobo BIOS. Somehow it had become corrupted between all the sudden crashes and re-boots.

Re-flashing also forces you to go through and re-check all the BIOS settings, ensuring that they're optimal. And I'd also recommend avoiding OC or UV the CPU, leaving it stock, until things are stable for a few days.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I bought exactly the same hardware as in the original post, followed the instructions carefully and got this error message when I booted the machine (see screenshot). This is the second time that I tried to install macOS on this hardware with the same results. Anybody has an idea of what went wrong?

The macOS version installed is 10.14.3.

Attachments

• IMG_2609.jpg
    IMG_2609.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 82