Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I just ran a full backup manually with no errors I will start again with this script, I also can’t download from App Store I can login and out but my updates don’t download when I touch them?? Have you seen that one ?
In some rare cases we have to contact Apple Tech Support to fix a problem on their end. If Messages and FaceTime are also failing then even more reason to contact Apple. Not sure what to tell them, other than you're unable to access the Mac App Store.

Yes, but please use the attached EFIClone script. I may need to fork byteminer's EFIClone repository and commit the changes into my forked copy.
tail -f EFIClone.log

EFI/OC/Tools/OpenControl.efi

EFI/OC/Tools/OpenShell.efi

EFI/OC/Tools/ResetSystem.efi

EFI/OC/Tools/RtcRw.efi

EFI/OC/Tools/VerifyMsrE2.efi

sent 7690597 bytes received 2764 bytes 15386722.00 bytes/sec

total size is 7680555 speedup is 1.00

[Tue Dec 1 10:16:14 CST 2020] - Source EFI Hash: 717fcb16df8a5252f97ee3dbfe7ec6768f3fce7b -

[Tue Dec 1 10:16:14 CST 2020] - Destination EFI Hash: 717fcb16df8a5252f97ee3dbfe7ec6768f3fce7b -

The post flight shell script exited with a non zero exit status

** For LG UltraFine 5K Owners **
Please note the statements in red boxes. A number of users have reported this issue on Hackintosh, but it affects real Macs as well. These UltraFine 5K monitors might not turn on until macOS is fully booted.
IMG_0234-small.jpg

Platform ID does not need to be set again. Simply run Hackintool to see the current Platform ID. If it's 0x3E980003 (headless) then you're okay.

"Darkwake=0" is not needed if you are using the OpenCore EFI provided in this build guide because that EFI includes "USBWakeFixup.kext" and "SSDT-USBW.aml" that work together to provide one-key wake from sleep.
Are those 2 z390 specific? Or can I use them with my z370N?

@CaseySJ, I was able to successfully install Catalina on OC. I was able to successfully sign up to iCloud and everything seems to be working until I performed migration from High Sierra (used to run on Clover) using Migration Assistant. I have connected Time Machine backup as a source, however after everything was complete 2 strange things happened:

1. I was unable to boot into Catalina after Migration Assistant has finished. It seems due to kernel panic. See the picture attached.
2. After reseting nvram using OC and booting back into High Sierra through Clover I noticed there is bunch of '?' marks on the doc. It does look like this '?' reflect application from Catalina and it does not exist in High Sierra, but this is so weird as why would that happen??? I was moving stuff from High Sierra to Catalina and why would High Sierra be impacted. It is interesting that I noticed the same situation even when I boot from CLONE of High Sierra that I have and which was completely disconnected during the entire process but yet still get '??' marks on the doc even on the older system clone drive.

What would be the best practice of moving off from High Sierra to Catalina. I could do in place upgrade as well, but I thought installing the system form scratch and using Migration Assistance is the cleanest way, but yet can not start up and not sure how these strange things with '??' marks happen to the older High Sierra.

@avtor, I had the exact same error when I was moving from Clover to Opencore on Catalina. I believe it was down to clover file(s) still being present.

I'd suggest following this guide to remove any Clover files that may have transferred over in the migration.

Additionally there is this resource too:

My first post, hope it helps.

@CaseySJ, Thanks for a great build and wonderful guides. I've been using this 18 months now along with a dual boot Windows system for my gaming, and it has brought me some great joy being able to use both systems. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Update BIOS to F9g or F9i and disable CFG-Lock from BIOS settings.

You don't need to generate new SMBIOS when you switch from Clover to OpenCore, new SMBIOS is ONLY for a NEW build.
Yes, it seems CFG-Lock under Boot section in BIOS solved the problem. I also had to update the kexts in L/E and run kextcache -i from recovery mode to get it to boot. But it is working well now :) with Bluetooth which I could not get using the Dortania guide.

Thanks everyone! :)

@avtor, I had the exact same error when I was moving from Clover to Opencore on Catalina. I believe it was down to clover file(s) still being present.

I'd suggest following this guide to remove any Clover files that may have transferred over in the migration.

Additionally there is this resource too:

My first post, hope it helps.

@CaseySJ, Thanks for a great build and wonderful guides. I've been using this 18 months now along with a dual boot Windows system for my gaming, and it has brought me some great joy being able to use both systems. :thumbup:

@iamsean , Thank you so much it makes perfect sense now. It is basically /L/E in my case outside /Users where I found a couple of kexts dated back to 2013 ... I would try to see if unchecking "Other files and folders" in the Migration Assistant would solve it. If not will use the guides to clean it up before booting form the drive.

Really appreciate your help!

Please try this simple experiment and then revert back if there are any issues:
  • Change SMBIOS name to iMacPro1,1 (no need to change anything else)
  • In BIOS Setup, disable Internal Graphics
  • Boot macOS and check Final Cut Pro export times ag

Last edited:
Hey all, I have a fully functioning Catalina running Clover... I am trying to change over to OpenCore as I heard a lot of positive feedback from it and eventually upgrade to Big Sur.

I took Casey's EFI folder and followed his mini-guide for 0.63... All went well until I try to boot into internal MacOS drive to make sure everything works, it just hangs at the boot logo so I went into verbose mode and this is the message in which it is stuck on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• IMG_5184.jpg
    IMG_5184.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 45
Hey all, I have a fully functioning Catalina running Clover... I am trying to change over to OpenCore as I heard a lot of positive feedback from it and eventually upgrade to Big Sur.

I took Casey's EFI folder and followed his mini-guide for 0.63... All went well until I try to boot into internal MacOS drive to make sure everything works, it just hangs at the boot logo so I went into verbose mode and this is the message in which it is stuck on.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.
Are you on BIOS 9g or higher, with cfg lock disabled in the Boot section of bios? (In 9g it's disabled by default; in 9i you need to disable it.)

Back