Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

The fact is that it doesn’t give me options. Simply ask to update drivers. Also, some new plugins have whiteout gui. Something with the gpu is unsupported by the system
Are you using HiDPI mode with your GPU?

Poke around here:

There may be other issues if you're using Waves or Plugin Alliance products.

Just to confirm that I was already using this AQC107 patch and it works great but I'm using SecureBootModel set to "Disabled" - is there an issue with this @CaseySJ ?

Hello @augustopaulo, setting SecureBootModel to Disabled is generally recommended. It won't work with OpenIntelWireless drivers for WiFi, but if you're using a Broadcom card (Fenvi, YOUBO, ABWB, etc.) then Disabled is the way to go.

Does having iMac19,1 or iMacPro1,1 make any difference in my configplist? I still cant figure out why my fcpx is exporting kind of slowly. cpu or gpu just never cranks up at all on any export.
Please try this simple experiment and then revert back if there are any issues:
  • Change SMBIOS name to iMacPro1,1 (no need to change anything else)
  • In BIOS Setup, disable Internal Graphics
  • Boot macOS and check Final Cut Pro export times again.

I have never understood how to repair the Thunderbolt firmware. The attachment is the Thunderbolt firmware of my ThinkPad t580 jhl6240. Can you help me fix it? If you can, please advise why this is done. Thanks a lot!
Hello @CrazyPegasus,

The firmware files you posted are 254KB instead of 1MB. How did you extract the files? Did you use a CH341a SPI Flash ROM programmer?

Attached is a modified version, but because the file size is less than 1MB, I have no idea if this file is suitable. You assume all risk if you proceed with flashing the attached file into your system.

Attachments

• TBT-CASEYSJ-V1.BIN.zip
    113.6 KB · Views: 46
@ummario If you haven't done so, please update to latest xtreme BIOS F9i, it's got "CFC LOCK" option in bios (finally!) and in combination with latest Big Sur has given me a boost in Cinebench & lower idle temperatures of around 36ºC!

Thanks for the tip, but actually that was the first thing I did before I switched from clover to OpenCore as previouslly suggested by @CaseySJ

Last edited:
@CaseySJ
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I did not use the programmer to back up the Thunderbolt bios on the machine. The attachment is the firmware file in the firmware update officially downloaded by Lenovo. If necessary, I will use the programmer to back up the firmware on the machine and then package it. In addition, there are usually two copies of Thunderbolt firmware for ThinkPad. I posted it in the attachment. There is a switch option in the BIOS: Set Thunderbolt BIOS Assist to Disable in the BIOS (Enable lightning is controlled by the BIOS, and Disabled lightning is controlled by the operating system. Control decision), I compared your modified TBT.bin code similar to the attached one. I have time to test it in the evening.

Are you running Clover or OpenCore? Which version?

If running the latest version of OpenCore, try disabling AudioDxe.EFI from OpenCore Configurator —> UEFI —> Drivers.
I'm running Clover.

By the way, I have to build another new Gigabyte Designare Z390 for my work as my other hackintosh the Asus X99 deluxe II based on your EFI has just died, probably due to the Asus motherboard. Should I build with Clover or OpenCore for my second Gigabyte Designare Z390? Any advantages going with OpenCore for this build? Please pardon my questions as I have not been on this forum for awhile.

Hello @CaseySJ ,

I have updated to BigSur however my drive is still named “Catalina” is there a simple way of renaming this without destroying my system :) I guess the - Data volume will also need to be renamed.

Are you using HiDPI mode with your GPU?

Poke around here:

There may be other issues if you're using Waves or Plugin Alliance products.
Thanks mate, the funny thing is that if I switch resolution on my 4k tv, then the plugins gui reappear. No matter from which to which, as long as after open the plugin, I somehow refresh the monitor.

Video player, and gpu recognize from cubase, still not working though

I'm running Clover.
Please check if “Debug” checkbox is enabled in Clover Configurator—> Boot section.
By the way, I have to build another new Gigabyte Designare Z390 for my work as my other hackintosh the Asus X99 deluxe II based on your EFI has just died, probably due to the Asus motherboard. Should I build with Clover or OpenCore for my second Gigabyte Designare Z390? Any advantages going with OpenCore for this build? Please pardon my questions as I have not been on this forum for awhile.
Oh no, that Asus X99 Deluxe II is (was) a very capable system...

I strongly recommend OpenCore for all new builds. If you google for “OpenCore advantages” you should find several answers. Probably the best bottom-line answer is that Clover is now incorporating the OpenCore code foundation into itself, but lags behind OpenCore in new releases and robustness. OpenCore has become the clear leader.

Back