Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

my disk windows is not detected by the bios or operating system like befire in macos
This means the disk is either not connected or you are using a SATA port that is not active.

What is the make/model of the Windows disk?

@CaseySJ i'll need your help once again. I have install Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 for a friend of mine, to a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7. As i can see the port is PR23, do you know witch ssdt have to use to make it work?
I can't see thunderbolt at PCI section "About this Mac"
In the SSDT that I provided earlier, simply open it in MaciASL (which can be downloaded from here) and do a global search and replace:
  • Search: RP21
  • Replace: RP23
Then save it in .aml (ACPI Machine Language) format and change the file name to something like:

SSDT-TB3HP-RP23.aml

I'm on the latest version of Ultrafine 5K (bought it from Apple back in September) and have a Titan Ridge v1 running v50 firmware.

Update: actually I just removed the hackindrom ssdt and it seems like I don't actually need it. Keeping the DTPG SSDT though, as I'm fairly certain hot plugging doesn't work without it.
I just put back the DTPG SSDT and it didn't make any difference, I still don't see any thunderbolt devices and none of the monitor's built-in functions work. Maybe it comes down to which version of the monitor you have?

Yes you should actually use the same SMBIOS data because you've registered a new computer into your iCloud account. The same serial number, System UUID, Board Serial Number, ROM, and system name should be copied to the new config.plist.
@AdamJ simply upload your current config.plist to HackinDROM and select the AMD version of OC 0.6.3 config of your motherboard
Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 21.52.43.png

Hey there. So, I removed my 5700 XT from my Hackintosh and tried to use the iGPU instead. I've made sure that the config.plist is absolutely correct by updating with the relevant entries from "config-Internal-GPU.plist" and made sure that the iGPU is active in the BIOS. However, when I boot into Mac OS, output just disappears after the initial loading screen. It's like Mac OS is internally still expecting the old GPU to be an active output device somehow. I'm using the HDMI port on my motherboard. Could this be something with Mac OS expecting an HDMI 2.0 signal and receiving an HDMI 1.4 one or something like that? Is there something I can configure in WhateverGreen?

I read in the guide that in order to use the iGPU, Mac OS must be installed from it. But is that really true? Is there no way I can make it work with an iGPU after having previously installed from a dedicated GPU? Will I have to generate a new ROM id?

EDIT: Hadn't seen that using onboard HDMI required framebuffer patching in the past. Upgraded WhateverGreen to the newer version that supposedly supports on-board HDMI, but I still had black screen problems. Moving to driving the display with USB-C solves the problem entirely.

Last edited:
This means the disk is either not connected or you are using a SATA port that is not active.

What is the make/model of the Windows disk?
Ti is a sa disk 480go

even default load bois it is works in dual boot sito catalina

Ti is a sa disk 480go

even default load bois it is works in dual boot sito catalina
Please use Google Translate. I still cannot understand your posts...

We have a fully configured OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI for Designare Z390 located here. Although you are most welcome to create your own EFI folder, it's much easier for us to support you if you use the one provided in this guide.

To install Windows, please see this post:
I briked my hack while trying to use the EFI folder. I got stuck at the apple logo without any loading bar. I'll first set up a proper backup set up and post the update soon

Update: Your EFI folder with my slight modifications still wasn't loading. I reset nvram, disable cfglock and all that jazz. But , I didn't realize that I had upated my bios to F9I and the settings were defaulted which I missed.

So I grabbed bios settings from here https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/for...-designare-opencore-efi-ordner-und-anleitung/ and voila ! everything is booting up.

I still need to test out is my DarkWake issue reappears where every approximately 10 to 30 minutes, with my computer screen turned off, BigSur runs god know what for 45 seconds then back to sleep. I hope this solves it.

But a few things which are concerning not just with the new EFI but also my barebones Dortania build was :-
-> Messages/Factime apps are a hit or miss. Sometimes they load as soon as I boot, no worries. Sometimes they hang up and only load after 10 mins
-> Alfred ( commander app ) never loads sometimes, just hidden and really need to restart
-> Time/Date which is located rightmost on the top bar dissappears occassionally.

I'm guessing they are just BigSur issues really. I find that Macbook uses also complain about Messages app just not working.

One thing I want to discuss is boot time. What are your boot times ? Mine's 30/35 mins but I really would like to bring it down to sub-5. Any suggestions welcome :)

Last edited:
Big Sur 11.1 Public Beta installed without issue
Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 00.53.24.png

Back